Adding sound deadening. Soon.

AndrewSKY117

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Honda Civic
I'm certainly excited about doing some of this. Looking forward to seeing some results. I'm thinking of putting some under the hood as well if that seems worth it.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Area51BS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Opinions. Thinking of removing the amplifier mounting bracket from back wall. It vibrates like a sob tapping on it. Not going to drill spot welds as they are visible bedside.

Ford Maverick Adding sound deadening. Soon. FD8900D7-464A-4AAA-B4C9-C93A05487C57

LC48

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, AWD, Carbonized Gray. Highlander Lim
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Well, still some more runs to do but my initial tests with the foam behind the backseat made no discernible difference to my ear. Have some more commutes to do and will use my sound meter application but not hopeful, but it was free and easy...

My next thought is doors. My reasoning being the floor, while I am sure is a source, is significantly heavier gage than the door skins. Next behind that I think would be the firewall / forward footwells.

Thoughts?

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Having owned and driven this MAV for a month I can hear the most noise(road) from the rear. It’s not bad but definitely the loudest area of the truck.
That makes sense. I guess I am most concerned about engine drone. I've heard some of the hybrid videos especially when towing and it's a little bit much.

OP
OP

Area51BS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is the spectrum analyzer at 55mph. No wind tonight. Fan speed on 2. No acceleration and no other cars near me. A normal/not smooth but pothole free 4 lane road I frequently use. Disregard peak as that was during acceleration.
Ford Maverick Adding sound deadening. Soon. 1D062EB6-2C27-489E-B785-6DDE77B9534C

Sponsored

KenC

Banned
Banned
First Name
First
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck.
My Nephew is a mechanic for Mercedes he seems to think that there is a chance a warranty can be voided simply by doing something as simple as adding sound deadening. My neighbor with her Kia says that if she doesn’t adhere to Kia’s timely maintenance schedule that her warranty can be voided. Thoughts?

OP
OP

Area51BS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My Nephew is a mechanic for Mercedes he seems to think that there is a chance a warranty can be voided simply by doing something as simple as adding sound deadening. My neighbor with her Kia says that if she doesn’t adhere to Kia’s timely maintenance schedule that her warranty can be voided. Thoughts?
Never had an issue with any vehicle warranty. Who puts the same tires on as factory? Don’t have to use Motorcraft oil. Sound deadening might cause a warranty issue for rust through warranty if it rusted under it that quickly. Some service advisor just scared your neighbor. Service intervals are recommended based in many things.

KenC

Banned
Banned
First Name
First
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck.
Ok cool. Thx for your insight.
Never had an issue with any vehicle warranty. Who puts the same tires on as factory? Don’t have to use Motorcraft oil. Sound deadening might cause a warranty issue for rust through warranty if it rusted under it that quickly. Some service advisor just scared your neighbor. Service intervals are recommended based in many things.
Cool. thx

OP
OP

Area51BS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Progress report. Well worth it. Did most of the back wall. Still going to do under back seat. Simple to disassemble.

1. Raise seat bottom and unsnap threshold trim.
2. Remove trim around seatbelt near floor by unsnapping pulling up towards you and sliding it up. Small track it slides into.
3. Lower seat bottom and lower seat back. Unsnap back panel trim. Lay it on seat back. No need to remove seatbelt.
4. remove the long pillar trim that runs up to speaker grill starting at bottom of trim. Starting up near speaker grill is much harder. There is not much to deaden behind this trim but there is some stamped holes and a little flat surface to cover.
NOTE. No reason to remove speaker grill. Nothing you can effectively cover. No surface area and lots of structure behind speaker. If you must. Remove front bottom 7mm fastener. Bottom back is magnetic against pillar. The top clips of grill require you to push grill towards roof before pulling out. The clip hole is cross shaped and clip does not pull out until you push upwards and it centers with cross. Don’t waste time here though.
Additional notes. Nowhere flat so a roller is useless. Use a smooth round object. Backseat removal is not necessary to place deadening under it as it is very accessible from back and under seat. The storage boxes just unsnap after removing step 1 threshold cover.
Working on spectrum analyzer pictures to overlay them. But they don’t seem right. Pictures below are in progress pics.

Impressive amount of metal structure back there, in upper pillar and under seat.

Ford Maverick Adding sound deadening. Soon. 1078D020-81EF-44D8-8AE2-661283228FD7

Ford Maverick Adding sound deadening. Soon. 03760DC3-8917-4578-BC60-8190648A1E51

Sponsored

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Having owned and driven this MAV for a month I can hear the most noise(road) from the rear. It’s not bad but definitely the loudest area of the truck.
Bed without a liner or undercarriage noise ?

felsf50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Opinions. Thinking of removing the amplifier mounting bracket from back wall. It vibrates like a sob tapping on it. Not going to drill spot welds as they are visible bedside.

FD8900D7-464A-4AAA-B4C9-C93A05487C57.jpeg
What is that big actuator to the right of the bracket?