Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Well i did not know this existed here. I decided to do it by myself . Im adding the pins to the steering control module . What are you guys doing to enable the gsm ? To change the steering gear to manual ? With paddle shifters?
Sponsored

DTF-Garage

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Focus ZX3 (RWD Swap), 2011 Focus SES
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well i did not know this existed here. I decided to do it by myself . Im adding the pins to the steering control module . What are you guys doing to enable the gsm ? To change the steering gear to manual ? With paddle shifters?
As far as I know no one has actually gotten the paddle shifters to work yet.

DTF-Garage

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

ryan2366

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat - Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Just swapped the stock steering wheel for the Kuga with paddle shifters. Looks and feels much better.

Fingers crossed for progress. Hoping to use it to turn on and off the L from the rotary shifter. If not then just window dressing.

Ford Maverick Adding Paddle Shifters IMG_5661

Sponsored

Vtec87pr1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

From what i seen we got to add 3 wires from steering wheel control module all the way to pcm.

i will update once i do it trying to find the clockspring wire terminals online they where on back order.
Ford Maverick Adding Paddle Shifters 1699065167688

Ford Maverick Adding Paddle Shifters 1699065188391

Ford Maverick Adding Paddle Shifters 1699065213449

Ford Maverick Adding Paddle Shifters 1699065235047

Vtec87pr1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

ok this week im adding the wires to the pcm will see what happens. i still dont know if its going to work or not since i dont have the digital instrument cluster with the Manual wont be able to see the shifts.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hey!

If this is in the wrong place, feel free to move it - not a really good fit anywhere, but will require Forscan I assume.

There's a fun thread in the focus forums about adding paddle shifters to a base focus by swapping wheels. https://www.focusfanatics.com/threads/add-sport-mode-and-paddle-shifter-to-base-2016-se.804753/

As far as I know, the escape has paddles. I wonder if this is feasible. Do we know if the transmission could support this input from the wheels? I know that we don't have a manual mode, but it's the same transmission - so I suspect it might just be the lack of hardware.

Anyone want to give this a try? I likely won't until I'm out of warranty haha.
Why manual shift? If I want to shift ill buy a manual shift truck or drive my '91 Miata or my motorcycle. Can't wait for my replacement hybrid Lariat to get built. The eCVT is sooo smooth.

MankDeems

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 ranger 4X4 XLT, 04 Mazda6, 17 ninja300
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Why manual shift? If I want to shift ill buy a manual shift truck or drive my '91 Miata or my motorcycle. Can't wait for my replacement hybrid Lariat to get built. The eCVT is sooo smooth.
Then get out of the thread where people want more control when towing? This is for 8spd with 2.0T anyway, of course nobody would want to add "gears" to something that doesn't have gears

Sponsored

ryan2366

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat - Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Great work, awesome mod for those that have the steering wheel with paddle shifters.

Was it hard to run the wiring and get it all connected? Is the wiring for a hybrid much different?

Fast Mavericks

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat Eco AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Hey guys it works. I did not even had to change the rotanional dial. Its possible.
Que paso! Se te escapĆ³ el gato!!?? Lol

jk bro, I wouldnā€™t have been able to hold it in either. Btw, Lawrence has kept his secret for a year. Thatā€™s why his cluster was changing gears. Regardless Good job bro, you just opened up a whole new road for these trucks!
Iā€™ve been a part of many car communities and there has never been as much innovation and discovery in so little time as we have here.

From simple parts bin swaps, clusters, turbos, motors, now paddle shifting. Itā€™s almost like Ford designed the Maverick to be a treasure hunt and we have to unlock all the achievements.

Vtec87pr1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Que paso! Se te escapĆ³ el gato!!?? Lol

jk bro, I wouldnā€™t have been able to hold it in either. Btw, Lawrence has kept his secret for a year. Thatā€™s why his cluster was changing gears. Regardless Good job bro, you just opened up a whole new road for these trucks!
Iā€™ve been a part of many car communities and there has never been as much innovation and discovery in so little time as we have here.

From simple parts bin swaps, clusters, turbos, motors, now paddle shifting. Itā€™s almost like Ford designed the Maverick to be a treasure hunt and we have to unlock all the achievements.

I couldn't hold i was so excited lol šŸ˜†

DTF-Garage

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So is there a write-up somewhere? I have my Escape steering wheel, just waiting for my custom wrap to come in so I can get it installed!
Sponsored