First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 CC XLT, 21 F150 RCSB, 22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ok I am going to take a shot at adding a paddle shift wheel to my escape. I purchased the wheel today and should be here next week. I have a 1.5 3cyl w/8 speed. I already have a PRNDM shifter sitting in my garage. Lets see what happens. I also have a BCM from a Titanium that I can swap in if need be as well. So has anyone actually made changes to the PCM so far?
On an Escape you should be fine with this upgrade as the PCM strategy is different and you should be wired for the SST. Since this is a Maverick forum I assumed you were talking about... a Maverick. Things are different with the Maverick. It was never set up for the SST hence different PCM strategy and omitted wiring.
Sponsored

Cdubya2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Engine
Undecided
On an Escape you should be fine with this upgrade as the PCM strategy is different and you should be wired for the SST. Since this is a Maverick forum I assumed you were talking about... a Maverick. Things are different with the Maverick. It was never set up for the SST hence different PCM strategy and omitted wiring.
I am seeing where I need to be at once my Maverick arrives. I need to see what changes I need to make I might as well do it to the escape and then take what I learn from that and help others with the maverick swap. I have spent hours on motorcrafts website comparing wiring diagrams and such when I had the access and most of it is the same or very close. I understand the PCM strategy but if its something that can be modified along with a tune I would think many others would be interested as well.

Buyerfind

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Hybrid Lariat,No Deletes,10/5/21 order 11/5/22
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No I’ve never towed anything in my 65 years on this planet, race truck?? My last truck was an F150 2005 FX4 with a a 4 inch lift and 35 inch tires that has probably seen more flight time than most entry level pilots.. I have slowed down a bit on flight time with my 2021 Ranger FX4 but really paddle shifters and Maverick as a race truck??? Really… I’ve driven a few hyper cars in my days, the latest is a Ferrari 812 GTS but never could never keep up with the paddle shifters vs rpm.

So you think a quick shift is going to gain what?

BTW I’ve hauled and towed more than you can imagine!!

I like the spirit but it seems wasted on a Maverick…
From what I read from the OP, he is looking at holding the gear in place when towing. Under load, when transmission shifts prematurely up or down, it is very annoying and makes for an uncomfortable drive while towing. When I used to tow my boat, I too would hold a gear occasionally. Using the paddles means hands are on the wheel (no searching for a shifter on the center console). That is super comfortable.

2016BoostedGreyGoose

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am seeing where I need to be at once my Maverick arrives. I need to see what changes I need to make I might as well do it to the escape and then take what I learn from that and help others with the maverick swap. I have spent hours on motorcrafts website comparing wiring diagrams and such when I had the access and most of it is the same or very close. I understand the PCM strategy but if its something that can be modified along with a tune I would think many others would be interested as well.
Strategy/calibration can be changed with IDS or FDRS

Sponsored

2016BoostedGreyGoose

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Any update??
If I can finish up all or most of the backlogged orders tonight that have to go out Monday, I may have a BIG update tomorrow. Again, this IS much more involved than most would be willing to do but it's simply no way around it. It is ALL necessary. If you don't like wiring or understand depining/pinning wires and taking connectors apart, it's best to stop reading and move on to installing vent visors or tailgate lettering. Lol but seriously, this is more work than when I upgraded to the 12" screen in my 21 F150 regular cab or the Lariat electric tailgate release. My truck is now about 99% wired for the SST function. If my theory has been right and time is on my side, I should be paddle shifting very soon!

2016BoostedGreyGoose

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ok hit a small road block today...BUT I think it's a go on the paddle shifters! The pins used for the wires that need to be populated at the PCM are not common. I have hundreds of various oem Ford pins and nothing I have is what is called for in the locations in the PCM for the SST connections. I'll order what I think they are in the morning. Ford states they aren't available as a serviceable pin. Either way I'll see what's what. Sooo with this said I decided to wire up my 21 F150 single cab for oem heated steering wheel and prewire for power release up/down tailgate as well as some other wiring. Today was still a good day!

Ford Maverick Adding Paddle Shifters 20221023_181633

Ford Maverick Adding Paddle Shifters 20221023_182329

Ford Maverick Adding Paddle Shifters 20211225_152904

Ford Maverick Adding Paddle Shifters 20220215_181930

Ford Maverick Adding Paddle Shifters 20220711_023923

DTF-Garage

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Focus ZX3 (RWD Swap), 2011 Focus SES
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ok hit a small road block today...BUT I think it's a go on the paddle shifters! The pins used for the wires that need to be populated at the PCM are not common. I have hundreds of various oem Ford pins and nothing I have is what is called for in the locations in the PCM for the SST connections. I'll order what I think they are in the morning. Ford states they aren't available as a serviceable pin. Either way I'll see what's what. Sooo with this said I decided to wire up my 21 F150 single cab for oem heated steering wheel and prewire for power release up/down tailgate as well as some other wiring. Today was still a good day!

20221023_181633.jpg
You are THE MAN! I can't wait to see what all needs to be done to get the shifters working. I work at Ford so if you need any part#'s or wiring diagrams just let me know.

Also what screen is that? I've never seen that on any of our 21+ F150s

2016BoostedGreyGoose

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You are THE MAN! I can't wait to see what all needs to be done to get the shifters working. I work at Ford so if you need any part#'s or wiring diagrams just let me know.

Also what screen is that? I've never seen that on any of our 21+ F150s
Thanks for offering diagrams etc. I own a business that creates and builds oem wiring upgrade solutions for a few Ford trucks offered retail thru our website and thru select local Ford dealerships. We have direct access to the diagrams and we use FDRS, IDS, and for our retail mail order customers, FORScan To allow them to DIY there installs. Lol this is why I don't get alot of time on projects like this because I'm either teaching, training or assisting my employees. This one is more involved than it needed to be. Ford could have saved alot of money using the same main engine harnesses as the Escape and Bronco Sport...but we shall see. Thanks again for the kindness..appreciate it. 😉

Sponsored

DTF-Garage

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for offering diagrams etc. I own a business that creates and builds oem wiring upgrade solutions for a few Ford trucks offered retail thru our website and thru select local Ford dealerships. We have direct access to the diagrams and we use FDRS, IDS, and for our retail mail order customers, FORScan To allow them to DIY there installs. Lol this is why I don't get alot of time on projects like this because I'm either teaching, training or assisting my employees. This one is more involved than it needed to be. Ford could have saved alot of money using the same main engine harnesses as the Escape and Bronco Sport...but we shall see. Thanks again for the kindness..appreciate it. 😉
I honestly figured you had access to all that with the work you've done, but figured I'd offer to help if I could! Lol

DTF-Garage

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

20221023_181633.jpg

20211225_152904.jpg
Any updates on getting those paddle shifters working?

awscheetz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Any information on showing the gear instead of just the D

hipendicular

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape SE
Engine
Undecided
I've been lurking on this thread as I've been hoping someone would crack this nut. I have a 2022 Ford Escape SE and my one big complaint is that I have no manual control of the transmission.

So I bought a Euro Focus steering wheel with paddles and hoped for the best but it does not work out of the box and I think I know why.

The clock spring does have the wires for the paddles but from the clock spring to the car, those terminals are empty. I got my hands on a wiring diagram and it shows these wires going directly to the main ECU or PCM, located near the front left tire. What sucks is that when I looked up how to replace it, there is a spot where you have to drill out, which means you will probably void your warranty.

But, on the wiring diagram it shows these 3 wires going to a 3 pin connector (C200) and then to an unknown location. I wonder if we are just missing that small 3 wire harness? From what I've researched, the PCM wiring harness has the SST wires.

Anyways, I hope someone can figure this out. I'm thinking all the Forscan in the world isn't going make this work till the wiring is complete and it could just be as easy as that.

Ken
Ford Maverick Adding Paddle Shifters 20230813_200815
Sponsored

Last edited: