Sponsored

Who's gonna be the first to swap in the explorer steering wheel with paddle shifters in an EB ?

tmoney20g

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4/Lux/4k/CP360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Like the topic says, anyone have it on their mind to swap the Explorer steering wheel with paddle shifters and see if we can manually shift the EB ?
Sponsored

‘80F100

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 F100, 1996 Ram 2500, 2001 Ranger, 2014 Edge
I had the same idea. Just waiting for someone to see if it works.

Kaytu

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Velocity Blue Maverick XL AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@Tyvemattis Has already done this I believe - the paddles do not work out of the box and there's a long-term exploration ongoing to see if a different dial-shifter (one with "M" for Manual in the center button vs "L") plus FORScan mods could make manual shifting a thing. It's definitely a deeper operation than simply using the appropriate steering wheel in this case though :(

OP
OP
tmoney20g

tmoney20g

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4/Lux/4k/CP360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
the "L" or "M" is just another line of code anyway, not like its mechanically doing anything. in our mav, pushing the "L" tells the ecu/tcu to 'hold gear as long as possible and upshift at redline', and in the explorer "M" tells the ecu/tcu to 'look for paddle shifts else upshift at redline'.... sort of thing.... or so I would think.

Tyvemattis

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tyve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Titanium Escapes also have paddles just fyi, but yes, I swapped the Explorer wheel, escape titanium shifter with the M and the escape cluster with the M and programmed everything to the best of my knowledge, and never got it working. My best guess, is that it needs some sort of PCM or TCM changes, and I wasn't really to keen on that idea.

MankDeems

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 ranger 4X4 XLT, 04 Mazda6, 17 ninja300
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@Tyvemattis Has already done this I believe - the paddles do not work out of the box and there's a long-term exploration ongoing to see if a different dial-shifter (one with "M" for Manual in the center button vs "L") plus FORScan mods could make manual shifting a thing. It's definitely a deeper operation than simply using the appropriate steering wheel in this case though :(
Today it was discovered L and M are the same function

Link Diy paddles
Sponsored