Sponsored

Add MyQ garage door opener app to display screen ?

Fish

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have the 2024 XL. How can I add an app to the screen for MyQ for my garage door opener?
Sponsored

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
To my knowledge I don't think you can. There are only a few certain apps that can be installed, for the most part they are music and driving directions/maps apps. And even then they have to be installed on your phone, at least with the Sync 3 system. The list below may or may not be accurate (found them on google search)
  • Music Streaming: Pandora, Spotify, Slacker Radio, iHeartRadio, Livio, Tidal Music.
  • Travel: Waze Navigation & Live Travel, Glympse, What3Words.
  • News & Weather: Stitcher, WSJ, NPR, Accuweather.

OP
OP

Fish

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thank you

Wonderwall

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It may not be exactly what you want but there are two options, scrap the MyQ and get the Meross opener from Amazon for $35 and it works with Apple and Android phones so you can just say Hey Siri or Alexa open my garage door. Next option is to do the Kia auto-dimming rear view mirror mod that has homelink built in to it. It wont be on the screen but both options are easy fixs.

Reactions: Dad

Jeff D.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Maverick Lariat & Jeep Renegade
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have the 2024 XL. How can I add an app to the screen for MyQ for my garage door opener?
Fish, if you are using an Android phone and Android Auto, and you have a My Q phone app already, you can control your garage door via voice command. I've Aladdin Connect, which is similiar to My Q. To open or close either of my garages I press the voice command button on the steering wheel, say "Hey Google Open Garage One" (or whatever you named your garage in the My Q app)it asks for a password, I say it and the door opens. The second garage is the same, as is closing either.

The way you set it up is thru Google Home, which is an app your phone most likely has already. Once you link your My Q to Google Home app on your phone, the rest is already set up and ready to go.

Here's a link to more informaion for My Q set up.

https://automatelife.net/using-myq-...le,door” 3 “Google, is the garage door open?”

If you use an Apple phone, or don't have the My Q phone app, this may not work or will need to be set up differently.

Good luck! :)

Sponsored

OP
OP

Fish

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thank you. I do have an iPhone.

psuarmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you search my posts there used to be a way to integrate MyQ with apple carplay through a shortcut. It worked amazingly. Then MyQ updated their app and removed API features. This elimated the ability to open the door outside of the app. This forces you to use the app and see the ads they started showing within the app. So no there is no MyQ option outside of the app.

SLJ

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Added a Gentex self dimming mirror with homelink built in. Opens up to 3 doors.

Ford Maverick Add MyQ garage door opener app to display screen ? mirror dash cam

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Tremor, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Or add the Homelink sun visor from a Escape or Bronco Sport.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Fish

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thank you

KEMeyer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Fish, if you are using an Android phone and Android Auto, and you have a My Q phone app already, you can control your garage door via voice command. I've Aladdin Connect, which is similiar to My Q. To open or close either of my garages I press the voice command button on the steering wheel, say "Hey Google Open Garage One" (or whatever you named your garage in the My Q app)it asks for a password, I say it and the door opens. The second garage is the same, as is closing either.

The way you set it up is thru Google Home, which is an app your phone most likely has already. Once you link your My Q to Google Home app on your phone, the rest is already set up and ready to go.

Here's a link to more informaion for My Q set up.

https://automatelife.net/using-myq-with-google-home-what-you-need-to-know/#:~:text=Once you’ve connected your MyQ account to Google,door” 3 “Google, is the garage door open?”

If you use an Apple phone, or don't have the My Q phone app, this may not work or will need to be set up differently.

Good luck! :)
You are fortunate. I followed various online instructions, and no joy. I found this statement that may explain why I can't find a way to link MyQ with Google:
"The MyQ integration will be removed from Home Assistant in release 2023.12 on December 6, 2023. Chamberlain Group, the owners of MyQ, have released a public statement saying they will continue blocking access to third-party apps, like the MyQ integration."

Jeff D.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Maverick Lariat & Jeep Renegade
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You are fortunate. I followed various online instructions, and no joy. I found this statement that may explain why I can't find a way to link MyQ with Google:
"The MyQ integration will be removed from Home Assistant in release 2023.12 on December 6, 2023. Chamberlain Group, the owners of MyQ, have released a public statement saying they will continue blocking access to third-party apps, like the MyQ integration."
That's a bummer. You'd think MyQ would work to expand access not reduce. Perhaps there was a security issue? Either that, or they want to force customers into a subscription. :(

TNFurb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco Sport OB ‘24 Mav Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Or add the Homelink sun visor from a Escape or Bronco Sport.
Has anyone on here done this? I haven’t seen it in the threds. If you happen to have a link to a thread showing how this was done I would appreciate it.
Sponsored