Sponsored

Acoustic windshield material / construction?

TruckVille

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto Blue, 4K Tow, Luxury Package, Flux Capacitor
I don't doubt that the acoustic glass and heating elements make the windshield cost more to buy and install. For me, these features are a big benefit. I'm a lot less fatigued after 30 minutes of driving in the rain when I have an acoustic windshield. All the rain splatter and wiper squeegee noise disappear. It's more of a difference than the improvement in wind noise.
Sponsored

XLTLUXRED

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid, Mini 4 door
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My question is this… if I ever have to get a replacement windshield… ie rock damage (work route) this is highly possible… could we not say we have the lariat or request that glass for the xlt/xl even if it is a small price variance maybe worth it?
You can't just say you have a Lariat because you have to give your VIN # for them to order the glass. If you're paying out of pocket, or what to pay the difference between the OEM and the Acoustic glass, then maybe the glass place can order the Lariat version for you.

If anyone knows the difference in cost, I'd be interested to hear! We have a big, horizontal crack on the driver's side right at eye level. Heh. We can't get service until September 9th, and that's assuming the windshield appears in time. Waiting for the parts people to call us and confirm, so we can ask about the upgrade possibility. But, that might be like throwing money away, given that it could happen again.

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You can't just say you have a Lariat because you have to give your VIN # for them to order the glass. If you're paying out of pocket, or what to pay the difference between the OEM and the Acoustic glass, then maybe the glass place can order the Lariat version for you.

If anyone knows the difference in cost, I'd be interested to hear! We have a big, horizontal crack on the driver's side right at eye level. Heh. We can't get service until September 9th, and that's assuming the windshield appears in time. Waiting for the parts people to call us and confirm, so we can ask about the upgrade possibility. But, that might be like throwing money away, given that it could happen again.
I’m in the middle of trying to get my cracked XLT windshield replaced with the acoustic model. Ford dealer said acoustic is only $20 more than standard windshield.

XLTLUXRED

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid, Mini 4 door
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m in the middle of trying to get my cracked XLT windshield replaced with the acoustic model. Ford dealer said acoustic is only $20 more than standard windshield.
We got ours done last month, and didn't opt for acoustic. Might next time!

Wiz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Hot Pepper Red with BAP on order.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I carry $25 deductable on comprehensive. 30 day ($1500 max car rental). Don't remember pricing.
Have you compared the savings for a slightly higher deductible? I would expect if you went to $100 you could save more than $100 in less than two years.

Sponsored

Maverstang

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata; Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For $20 each (less at cost), they all should have been acoustic in the first place.
Would have saved in dual inventory costs as well.

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For $20 each (less at cost), they all should have been acoustic in the first place.
Would have saved in dual inventory costs as well.
Cost of the part isn't as much of a factor as putting little things like that behind the Lariat trim, to make people want to bump up and spend more $$.

Maverstang

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata; Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Cost of the part isn't as much of a factor as putting little things like that behind the Lariat trim, to make people want to bump up and spend more $$.
Absolutely… the marketing people live for creating these differentiations to maximize spend. Still don’t like it though!

Art Vandelay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Maverick XLT w/lux pkg has this feature… I’m not a fan of having to depress the heated mirror button for it to work…if you remote start it, I can’t find where it’s on if needed during a remote start session… only heated seat, steering, and heat/a/c? Am I wrong?
I know that no one reads the owners manual but it says right on page 124 of the owners manual that as long as you have Climate Control Auto mode switched On then the heated windshield will turn on in cold weather when the car is remote started.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Have you compared the savings for a slightly higher deductible? I would expect if you went to $100 you could save more than $100 in less than two years.
Just looked at next year's policy $25 is no longer available it's now $50 and the new maverick I added in March has $100. The difference between the $50 and $100 is $30.79/yr. So it's a wash if claim occurs every 19 months/ vehicle. I had four claims in last 2 years so am ahead. But have years also with no claims. Had rats eat $6k wiring harness, $5800 hail damage, $475 parking lot ding (dingbat backing out ripped plastic off rear wheel well and that broke tabs off rear bumper cover), and $792 parking lot ding (scraped paint on rear quarter panel and scratched new wheel well plastic and the rear bumper cover again).😂😂😂

Sponsored

YazYaz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Maverick XLT w/lux pkg has this feature… I’m not a fan of having to depress the heated mirror button for it to work…if you remote start it, I can’t find where it’s on if needed during a remote start session… only heated seat, steering, and heat/a/c? Am I wrong?
When the heated mirrors are on the heated wipers are on.

You have two options for remote start. Start with "Auto" climate control or start with "last settings". If I know the night is going to be cold and frosty I set my temps very high and turn on the heated mirrors, seats and steering wheels and utilize "last settings".

ate2aqtr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bolt EUV, Subaru CrossTrek, Jeep Wrangler, Honda O
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
XLT. asked for acoustic glass the part on the glass is NZ6B-S03100-DC. I looked the part #'s up and it showed D as acoustic and c as regular?? It also reads AMOXE Laminated>PVB< and has a little picture of heated windshield, I'm assuming its acoustic laminated but the DC part # is strange

EM33

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Datsun L521 / 69 Datsun SRL311
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
XLT. asked for acoustic glass the part on the glass is NZ6B-S03100-DC. I looked the part #'s up and it showed D as acoustic and c as regular?? It also reads AMOXE Laminated>PVB< and has a little picture of heated windshield, I'm assuming its acoustic laminated but the DC part # is strange
Interesting and great timing. I had my XLT glass replaced today and the new glass part number ends in "-CC", but also has "AM0XE Laminated" and the "SoundScreen" logo. So I believe I got Lariat glass without ordering (or paying!) for it.

So maybe -DC/-CC isn't the difference for acoustic vs. non-acoustic, but the difference between heated and non?

Ford Maverick Acoustic windshield material / construction? PN

Ford Maverick Acoustic windshield material / construction? SoundScreen

Ron Neal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have owned Lariats and XLTs and from my perspective I see (hear) little difference between the two. As far as the OP I think its just the laminate between the glass thats different.

EM33

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Datsun L521 / 69 Datsun SRL311
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I see (hear) little difference between the two. As far as the OP I think its just the laminate between the glass thats different.
Agree and I've also noticed zero difference so far. Just trying to get to the bottom of the part number differences.
Sponsored