Sponsored

Acoustic windshield material / construction?

papak

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is the acoustic windshield simply thicker or is it made of multiple layers or a different material?
Sponsored

LIL’ Buddy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT (Luxury, 4K tow, 360)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is the acoustic windshield simply thicker or is it made of multiple layers or a different material?
My question is this… if I ever have to get a replacement windshield… ie rock damage (work route) this is highly possible… could we not say we have the lariat or request that glass for the xlt/xl even if it is a small price variance maybe worth it?

bradFORD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
According to FORD: it is built with a layer of sound-absorbent vinyl sandwiched between two sheets of glass. This special acoustic vinyl layer helps soften noise levels inside the vehicle by as much as 6 dB in the frequency range where wind noise is most annoying and by 2 to 3 dB overall

LIL’ Buddy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
According to FORD: it is built with a layer of sound-absorbent vinyl sandwiched between two sheets of glass. This special acoustic vinyl layer helps soften noise levels inside the vehicle by as much as 6 dB in the frequency range where wind noise is most annoying and by 2 to 3 dB overall
I was disappointed not being able to get this windshield… I had it in a car that was new in 2008 and it was one of thee biggest things was the windshield and front windows were this way. That was a quiet vehicle!

Sponsored

LIL’ Buddy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, I can expect my comprehensive insurance cost will be more because of that windshield
Yep! Also with co-pilot, that glass is way more! Our Subaru with eyesight was like $1,300 dollars to insurance!! Damn!

LIL’ Buddy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, I can expect my comprehensive insurance cost will be more because of that windshield
According to safelite to replace out of pocket for 2022 ford Maverick with Push button start/heated seats (lariat) it’s this price:
Ford Maverick Acoustic windshield material / construction? 1641334664712

bradFORD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You nailed it! I replaced my 04 Ranger windshield last year for $225 which was below my deductible. I guess I need to determine price difference between deductibles on new Mav.

ReddWulf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick FX4, Harley Road King Classic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My question is this… if I ever have to get a replacement windshield… ie rock damage (work route) this is highly possible… could we not say we have the lariat or request that glass for the xlt/xl even if it is a small price variance maybe worth it?
Same here....I don't find the Maverick to be noisy - but had thought if I had to replace it in the future, might as well upgrade!! :geek:

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yep! Also with co-pilot, that glass is way more! Our Subaru with eyesight was like $1,300 dollars to insurance!! Damn!
Having CP360 or not shouldn't make a difference since all Mavericks have the camera.

Sponsored

LIL’ Buddy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Having CP360 or not shouldn't make a difference since all Mavericks have the camera.
Yes. It won’t affect Maverick windshield pricing… but based on plane non (BLIS/eyesight/copilot) type system windshields it cost more for those lol…

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Another item to consider if you are replacing your windshield is to get the windshield wiper heater, as well. That 'heater' is essentially a grid of 'defroster wires' located under the parked wipers in the windshield.

LIL’ Buddy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Another item to consider if you are replacing your windshield is to get the windshield wiper heater, as well. That 'heater' is essentially a grid of 'defroster wires' located under the parked wipers in the windshield.
My Maverick XLT w/lux pkg has this feature… I’m not a fan of having to depress the heated mirror button for it to work…if you remote start it, I can’t find where it’s on if needed during a remote start session… only heated seat, steering, and heat/a/c? Am I wrong?

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Maverick XLT w/lux pkg has this feature… I’m not a fan of having to depress the heated mirror button for it to work…if you remote start it, I can’t find where it’s on if needed during a remote start session… only heated seat, steering, and heat/a/c? Am I wrong?
I don't have my truck yet, so I can't help with your question. Maybe someone else can chime in, or someone with knowledge of ForScan can say if the heated mirrors, and or, windshield wiper heater can be added to the remore start feature.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You nailed it! I replaced my 04 Ranger windshield last year for $225 which was below my deductible. I guess I need to determine price difference between deductibles on new Mav.
I carry $25 deductable on comprehensive. 30 day ($1500 max car rental). Don't remember pricing.
Sponsored