Sponsored

A Heads Up to the Maverick Community - Beware of ADM added last minute by dealer

nmp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor 2020 GT350R
As some of you probably know, dealers are using the Ford preorder process to rip off customers. This has become blaringly obvious for those that have preordered Bronco’s and get a big surprise when their vehicle comes in. Dealers are saying they don’t charge ADM and last minute they are adding a markup when its to late to change dealers. To fight this the Bronco community came up with a list of confirmed no markup dealers, here’s the link

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...m-x-plans-special-discounts-master-list.2010/

Here is an article of one dealer that tried adding a markup to a Bronco order last minute and things got a little out of control.

https://jalopnik.com/a-bronco-reservation-holder-tried-to-go-up-against-a-fo-1847904601

As the owner of 2 new Ford Performance vehicles, I completely understand the ADM fight and see it nearly everywhere and hear about it from people all over.

If anyone on the East Coast is looking for a no BS dealer to order from that never charges ADM, order from Ditschman/Flemington Ford in NJ. I bought my Raptor there and it was a smooth experience with zero drama. I’ve sent coworkers and various people there from forums and some of my YouTube videos and I haven’t had any negative feedback. To be clear, I don’t work for them or have any affiliation with them. I’m just trying to connect fellow Ford fans with a solid dealer.

If anyone would like the contact info from the salesman I use, shoot me a message. He is very straight forward and will give you direct answers. If you’re looking to get a signed agreement locking in your price so there are no last-minute surprises, I don’t think you will have any issues as they advertise no ADM on there TV commercials. Best of luck to everyone getting their Mavericks.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Unforgiven

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto blue hybrid lariat maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
thanks for the heads up. Was pleased to find my dealer on that list. I have to admit that it has worried me a bit.

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Besides that one story that blew up, are there many posts with similar experiences of ADM on retail orders? I’m just wondering if this is pretty rare overall for the retail orders so far. I was under the impression that Ford really doesn’t want any dealers making up the custom orders.

OP
OP
nmp1

nmp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor 2020 GT350R
Besides that one story that blew up, are there many posts with similar experiences of ADM on retail orders? I’m just wondering if this is pretty rare overall for the retail orders so far. I was under the impression that Ford really doesn’t want any dealers making up the custom orders.
That was definitely a more extreme scenario but there have been a lot of post, more than I would expect, of this on the Bronco forum from people all over. Another dealer in NJ just got bought out by a larger one and the new owners apparently are not honoring any of the MSRP agreements that the old dealer committed to. People are reaching out to Ford corporate about this but it doesn't seem to make much of a difference. Once the purchasing dealer is locked in your stuck and they know they have you. So you can either walk away and wait god knows how long for another order or get ripped off.

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you for this, happy to see my dealer is on the good list.

Sponsored

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealer is on the list, but I had saved a screenshot image of the website when I ordered.Now are ADM and there are dealer add ons which can run you $750 to $1,000.
Ford Maverick A Heads Up to the Maverick Community - Beware of ADM added last minute by dealer 7407B0EE-D01F-48FC-8AFA-D56AD87156B5

Gabbydad

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think for the sake of clarity there needs to be differentiation between an ADM added after the fact on a pre-order vs ADM’s included on stock units.

If a dealer is listing up front an ADM, so be it. But to add it on a preorder without stating it up front is BS. Dirty pool.

Thrillhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
My dealer is on the list. The dealer that is actually closest to me is not on the list. I never trusted that dealer and I may have had good reason not to.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I probably sound like a broken record on this, but I hate to see people taken advantage of.

The best way to protect yourself from ADM or "mandatory" add-ons is to sign a binding contract with the dealer that sets out what you are going to get and what you are going to pay for it.

Some folks don't want to do that because they don't want to be obligated to take the truck or lose their deposit. It's possible to write the contract to let you out in certain circumstances. But, generally speaking, if you aren't bound then neither is the dealer.

Search "Vehicle Buyer's Order" on this forum for more information.