Sponsored

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
Quite all right. I'm an amateur Linux enthusiast, but I don't really code. I appreciate the explanations, though.
NP I used to use NSA Linux but switched to MacOSX when it becsme a certified Unix as well as dragonfly BSD (Berkeley system) and keil RTS(the only rtOS) I have experience with.
Sponsored

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Question...without noise cancelation on the Maverick, will hands free still work or be distorted?

Lone Star Proud

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Pretty sure that you are kidding, Rob, but no smilely? After living thru 45s, albums, 8 tracks, cassettes, CDs, Napster, and Spotify, I could never go back after digital music and streaming.
There was nothing like the stretched out tape of an eight track.

KenT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If the Ford training material is true, then why don’t they train the Ford marketing department. In all the sales and marketing material I have seen, they highlight all these differences between Sync and Sync 3:
SYNC® 3 – Enhanced Voice Recognition Communications and Entertainment System – 8” LCD Capacitive Touchscreen in Center Stack with Swipe Capability – AppLink® – 911 Assist® – Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ – Smart-Charging USB ports – two (2)
If most or all the items in this list are not true differences, this simply generates confusion and uncertainty.
Also contribution to the confusion is the owners manual, which has separate chapters for Sync and Sync 3, with redundant information for the capacities for each and no highlighting of the differences between each. These chapters have to be entirely rewritten for clarity.
Most troubling is the statement in the manual that only buyers of the Sync 3 have the rear occupant alert system. Nowhere is this feature mentioned in the training info above. The implication is that if you accidentally lock your children in the rear seat, but can’t afford the Lariat Luxury trim level, Ford doesn’t believe that these children are worth protecting, and poorer potential customers need not be concerned about this omission.

RTR_Ford

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So, on non-SYNC models, does the system use the phone's microphone? If so, the phone likely needs to be positioned to not block its microphones.
Sponsored