First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, BMW M235 coupe
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just picked up our 2022 Hybrid with 18,900 miles. They had it 9 days and I had to wait a month to get a loaner. As expected the plastic covers of the side airbags were filthy but it looks like nothing is miss fit, on a fairly quick look I didn’t see anything hanging out. They did take it back in and quickly cleaning the covers.
I didn’t want to replace the 12V battery cable that runs to the engine compartment but the service manager warned me if I didn’t by June I would have to pay to have it done since its not a recall but a CSB/TSB or whatever they call it. They replaced it, had to wait a couple days for parts on that one.
Did the taillight recall and powertrain control module recall both were software. I also had a dash EGR warning on my screen which throws an emission warning. They ran tests saw the code but couldn’t find any problems with the sensor or EGR and couldn’t duplicate it.
Drove it 11 miles home and the good news is no lights came on the dash or screen and the radio and screen work. I am now done with all recalls that they currently can perform.
Sponsored

Waterick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mav Lariat, '14 Prius, '83 'Stang, more...
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Just beware of the recent thread: "Power loss after recalls" by @Jsw2son 2. Seems some folks are experiencing some problems. Might want to do a search just in case. Hopefully you will have no problems.

OP
OP

Falcon first

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, BMW M235 coupe
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey I was expecting power loss before the recall so I’m really on alert. I’ve has deep sleep probably a dozen times or more in two years we don’t get much cold weather in South Carolina. Just leaving the doors open for 10 minutes while vacuuming has caused before. They didn’t address the deep sleep, their service department is so backed up they aren’t even setting new appointments short term. I saw on the receipt they mentioned training session and I think they were trying to bill that back to Ford. Can’t hire and train enough people.

Storm Ranger

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Explorer, 17 RAV 4, 22 Lariat Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

On my 22 Lariat Hybrid I have had all the recalls done and the power cable replaced, I have just over 17,000 miles so far no issues . My dealer has been very good to work with. Good luck with yours!

MetalThunder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
MetalThunder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Ecoboost AWD Oxford White
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I get it - this Vehicle was launched during the plandenmic ... But ...... Leave my Truck Alone .... If they start messing around with the ecoboost software - I'm out .... And I love my Maverick ... i'm tempted to go pull fuse #11 ;)

I have scheduled 25K oil change Next week and have the signal recall with lasfit rears - I'll ask them to pretend they never saw it in .. do the service and call it a day ... if they mention it. If they have to do it I'll be buying ramps (no garage) and changing my own oil to avoid these software update failures.

Funny everytime I deep down feel regret not being able to order a hybrid (late nov 21 order after hybrid cut-off) Some crazy stuff pops up to make me appreciate fate and my turbo

Everything happens for a reason

TGIF

:) Cheers

Last edited:

Sponsored

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

...I’ve has deep sleep probably a dozen times or more in two years...
Use a battery tender periodically, especially if you do a lot of short trippin' or any time you won't be driving the truck for a few days. It may increase your 12v battery lifetime. Reset the BMS after each battery tender use.

i'm tempted to go pull fuse #11
Done dat. So far, no problems by doing so.

OP
OP

Falcon first

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, BMW M235 coupe
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Two questions, charge battery through the engine (not under seat) and I have no idea how to reset the BMS? It is driven every day but 10-15 miles usually.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey I was expecting power loss before the recall so I’m really on alert. I’ve has deep sleep probably a dozen times or more in two years we don’t get much cold weather in South Carolina. Just leaving the doors open for 10 minutes while vacuuming has caused before. They didn’t address the deep sleep, their service department is so backed up they aren’t even setting new appointments short term.
Power loss as in driving motive power, not electrical power.

CurtisB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Just a heads up that it's been stated that it's the powertrain control module recall that causes the truck to suddenly lose all power. It hasn't been verify that the tailight or cluster recall causes the truck to lose all power.

Blcaldwell09

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brenda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just picked up our 2022 Hybrid with 18,900 miles. They had it 9 days and I had to wait a month to get a loaner. As expected the plastic covers of the side airbags were filthy but it looks like nothing is miss fit, on a fairly quick look I didn’t see anything hanging out. They did take it back in and quickly cleaning the covers.
I didn’t want to replace the 12V battery cable that runs to the engine compartment but the service manager warned me if I didn’t by June I would have to pay to have it done since its not a recall but a CSB/TSB or whatever they call it. They replaced it, had to wait a couple days for parts on that one.
Did the taillight recall and powertrain control module recall both were software. I also had a dash EGR warning on my screen which throws an emission warning. They ran tests saw the code but couldn’t find any problems with the sensor or EGR and couldn’t duplicate it.
Drove it 11 miles home and the good news is no lights came on the dash or screen and the radio and screen work. I am now done with all recalls that they currently can perform.
Does your model have the fire under hood recall? Parts have been on back order for over a year...they don't seem to be in a hurry to fix this problem--truck can turn off while driving or catch fire....

Sponsored
OP
OP

Falcon first

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, BMW M235 coupe
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They don’t have a solution for the fire other than carry a fire extinguisher.

OP
OP

Falcon first

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, BMW M235 coupe
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It lets the burning oil escape to the ground, Ford said they are still working on a solution. Some speculate a sensor with be added to shut down the engine if it throws a rod, camshaft , crankshaft etc. Chances are so slim oft his happening are so small. I’m more worried about them shutting down the engine while in traffic.

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So the 4 holes they drilled on the cover under the engine does nothing?
I wouldn't say it does nothing.
It may lessen the possibility of fumes accumulating in that area if you have an engine failure/block breach. It won't do anything to prevent the actual failure of an engine that was built in the small time frame that some possibly defective engines may have been built.
Sponsored