Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I didn't see anything posted on this, but the Maverick plant is adding a 3rd shift!
I hope this means more hybrids coming.

https://www.uniradioinforma.com/not...urno-en-planta-ford-hermosillo.html#gsc.tab=0

Translated text:

A third shift will open in July at the Ford Hermosillo plant
January 19, 2023​
Hermosillo.- As of July, the Ford plant will open a third work shift with the hiring of 1,100 new direct workers and around 5,000 indirect jobs, which will trigger the economic growth of the region, indicated Jesús Gámez García .​
The president of the Sonora National Council of the Maquiladora and Export Manufacturing Industry (Index) said that this opening is due to the high sales in the United States of the Maverick truck, assembled in Hermosillo, which forces an increase in the workforce.​
"This pick up is the one that is triggering the opening of a third shift, it would be very good and I know that Ford executives have been commenting on it, seeking to bring new suppliers for Ford here, because as we create a local production chain, type cluster, we become more competitive and logistics costs and delivery times are reduced”.​

He mentioned that this also favors the attraction of more Ford supply companies and it is estimated that in total about 14 thousand jobs will be created this year around the automotive industry.

Gámez García, explained that the hiring will begin in the coming weeks and it is expected that with the opening of the third shift there will be a total of 7,000 employees at the Ford plant. He also commented that this year, the maquiladora and manufacturing industry will contribute to the generation of 15,000 new direct jobs due to the arrival of new businesses in Sonora.
Sponsored

mktmgrjrm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid, Ford Fusion Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hope so too, but I think the current situation is being caused by parts availability, not worker availability.

OP
OP
LSchicago

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hope so too, but I think the current situation is being caused by parts availability, not worker availability.
True, but why add a third shift if you haven't secured the parts to fill another shift worth? This implies that they will be able to build 50% more trucks starting in July.

Dunrollin

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Powerstroke, 2020 Escape Titanium Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are any of them going to make trailer hitches?

Sponsored

mktmgrjrm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid, Ford Fusion Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
True, but why add a third shift if you haven't secured the parts to fill another shift worth? This implies that they will be able to build 50% more trucks starting in July.
The Bronco Sport is also assembled in Hermasillo, and I believe I remember reading that they plan to produce the Transit Connect there as well. Possible that they anticipate the part shortage to improve by mid-year.

OP
OP
LSchicago

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Are any of them going to make trailer hitches?
Since it is a constraint, I would think so. Then maybe they could open up the order banks for another week! LOL.

OP
OP
LSchicago

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The Bronco Sport is also assembled in Hermasillo, and I believe I remember reading that they plan to produce the Transit Connect there as well. Possible that they anticipate the part shortage to improve by mid-year.
Transit connect is discontinued at the end of 2023. No 2023's will be built in Mexico.
This article specifically cites the Maverick as the reason for the 3rd shift.

Last edited:
Sponsored

PlantMan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-250 4WD crew 8' bed; 2022 Maverick XL AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Transit connect is discontinued at the end of 2022. No 2023's will be built.
Transit Connect still made at the Spain assembly plant. After 2023 they won't be sold in North America. Not discontinued.

mikegs1952

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not sure I want 1100 new employees slapping to gether my new Mav. I can see more quality issues (at least for a while). Hope they are well trained. Not trying to sound like "negative nancy" lol

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 Ranger, ‘22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not sure I want 1100 new employees slapping to gether my new Mav. I can see more quality issues (at least for a while). Hope they are well trained. Not trying to sound like "negative nancy" lol
They most likely will get training on existing prodution lines. Then will get mixed in with more experienced workers on the new shift.

Cmcbee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick on order
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's great news. I was getting ready to pack my bags and head down there to build my own
There you go!! Excellent idea! Ship me my parts, knock 8,000 off the price and let me assemble it myself!
Sponsored