First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And it is likely less than 1%. Significantly less. For 10% of a model line to have the same issue would be absolutely catastrophic, and recalls and stop-sell orders would be slapped on them immediately.
Gotcha, and I thought 10% was low.

JazzyJockJeffcoat

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yup… but I am betting the % rate of failure isn’t high. Who knows could be wrong
I sincerely hope you are right. With wait times of around a year it would absolutely suck to get a lemon. Or get killed or hurt (or hurt someone else) because the truck suddenly shut offs in freeway traffic. Fingers crossed. 🤞

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think a few other people on this forum have had the same issues. At this point I would classify the Maverick hybrid in the extremely unreliable category... All these issue have made me nervous about getting mine now..My current vehicle has never let me down and it's a Kia. I need reliability and that's what a new vehicle should be giving you... Keep us posted on the fix.
😄 extremely unreliable huh? You have a right to your conclusion, but I don’t think a few posts on this forum warrants that classification just yet.

MightyMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yet another Hybrid breakdown. I've noticed this has been the norm on Hybrids. Not to say the Ecoboosts are totally bulletproof but I hear far more issues with the Hybrid rather than the Ecoboost. I did see a transmission fault on an EB just a month or two ago but has appeared to have been an isolated issue. This is more reason why I'm glad I got the EB over the Hybrid. I'm not trying to rub it in by any means. I just feel like the Hybrid was too rushed into production that has been plagued by many quality control issues. Also, it helps that the 2.0L EB is not a new engine and has been used in many other Fords over the years which makes it the more reliable engine, not perfect, just more reliable.

Sponsored

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
😄 extremely unreliable huh? You have a right to your conclusion, but I don’t think a few posts on this forum warrants that classification just yet.
A lot more than just a few post reporting electrical issues with the hybrid.

YOBY

First Name
Yoby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV 4 / 2022 Maverick Lariat
I guess you never read about the 100s of THOUSANDS of miles put on test mules before Mavericks were cleared for production? ALL vehicles from ALL manufacturers have some % of problems with EVERY vehicle. This forum and others like it, are tiny samples of a very large universe of produced vehicles and can slant perceptions to look like a much larger problem than what actually exists IRL.
True, but in 100"s of thousands of miles not one mule driver noticed a brake problem.

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
True, but in 100"s of thousands of miles not one mule driver noticed a brake problem.
Makes you wonder if the test models and production models are slightly different.

YOBY

First Name
Yoby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV 4 / 2022 Maverick Lariat
Makes you wonder if the test models and production models are slightly different.
I believe it's the industry standard that if it's infrequent, it's not a problem. Full speed ahead.

MrMjd

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Engine
Undecided
I am thinking about dropping the maverick hybrid with 3k miles on it. I absolutely loved mine too, but I absolutely must have a reliable vehicle.

When I was accelerating onto a road, probably at about 60-70% power my maverick's engine stopped working. It flashed "stopped safely now". The problem was, I was in traffic and in the middle lane. I also got stuck at a light. When I came to a stop at the light it shut off completely, I couldn't turn it back on, I couldn't even shift it into drive or neutral to push it. After a few minutes i was able to get it started again, but only in full electric mode so that I could limp to the side of the road.

I have never even accelerated to 100% with this truck, never towed anything, and I normally drive it like a grandma to get the best mpg, so I have really babied it. Very upsetting experience. Makes me worried about future reliability. Looks like this has happened to other people as well, waiting on the dealership to provide me with some details on what is wrong.
I have my hybrid since January with approx 3500k without issues until yesterday. Drove to a plaza and when I got out my key fob would not lock truck. Thought nothing of it. Came out 10 minutes later and no powe-nothing. Try to jump start it with portable 1000 amp unit-nothing . Towed to dealership. Anyone know if they have had this issue.

Sponsored

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have my hybrid since January with approx 3500k without issues until yesterday. Drove to a plaza and when I got out my key fob would not lock truck. Thought nothing of it. Came out 10 minutes later and no powe-nothing. Try to jump start it with portable 1000 amp unit-nothing . Towed to dealership. Anyone know if they have had this issue.
Yeah lots of people have the dead hybrid issue. Though some people seem to think it's not that big of a deal and isn't happening much..... Hope Ford gets this fixed for you asap...

Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
All vehicles no matter the make/model will have a small percentage of lemons. Your vehicle could be made on a Monday or a Friday, that's just how it goes. Look at the engine failures in the Bronco 2.7 Ecoboosts, that's not a new engine by any means but there's issues. You're either going to get a good one or a bad one, its a gamble really, hope it all works out for you.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That main ECU harness that grounds in the engine bay seems to be half of these issues-

Error

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT Lux 360 Roof
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My hybrid only has 800 miles.. it was a march built. the only issue i seam to have is a coolant lost . Other than that it is running fine.

this dead engine issue makes me worry because i plan to road trip where getting towed could be a pain. Especially if its sunday night and everything is closed.. i really don't want to stall in a tunnel or in a middle of a bridge 6 hours drive from my house either…know what i mean

should i bring a ratchet set and overtight the harness everyone seem to be pointing?

is there a preventive measure to avoid the dead stall?

i will definitely get rid of my hybrid before the warranty ends.

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Lol mine too. But I am broke so I can’t complete
Is there such thing as complete? Make it with Mav…broke and divorced from accessorizing!
Sponsored