Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford Maverick 358 Days Later!..and some advice? 358 Days Later

I put my deposit in 29-July-2022. Picked up my FWD XLT-LUX today, 358 days later! Honestly didn't think it would ever happen! Had the SIBL on order originally, but dealer dropped it for constraints reasons. Then the SBIL went off constraints, but by then Ford had their Feb/Mar price increase by ~$600? I didn't want to change the order and have the price go up $1100 and potentially delay the build.

So, not to start a religious war, but should I do a spray in or Ford drop in bed liner? And any recent recommendations on tonneau cover, or better question, any that people have had a BAD experience with and I should avoid?

Thank you to everyone on this forum for the information sharing.
Sponsored

RobertD

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Maverick XLT FX4 - 4K - 360; 23 F150 KR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
SIBL will help keep things from sliding around. The DIBL will be slippery. You can get either after the sale. Plenty of aftermarket SIBL folks.

So for me personally when my Maverick is ready I plan to get and rubber mat for now and then the SIBL when the bed gets scuffed up and starts to look bad. Just my weird way of doing things.

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Sponsored

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
1000% SIBL with Ford heavy rubber mat followed by a quality hard cover... (y)

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
SIBL - No Brainer

OP
OP

bet_now

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Last edited:
Sponsored

onetequilatwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariat Maverick and 2019 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
358 Days Later.jpg

I put my deposit in 29-July-2022. Picked up my FWD XLT-LUX today, 358 days later! Honestly didn't think it would ever happen! Had the SIBL on order originally, but dealer dropped it for constraints reasons. Then the SBIL went off constraints, but by then Ford had their Feb/Mar price increase by ~$600? I didn't want to change the order and have the price go up $1100 and potentially delay the build.

So, not to start a religious war, but should I do a spray in or Ford drop in bed liner? And any recent recommendations on tonneau cover, or better question, any that people have had a BAD experience with and I should avoid?

Looks great!!

Agree with SIBL, since it's easy to add the sliding bed rails. Find them very handy. Especially with a tri fold tonneau cover.

Ktowntimmy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid ordered 9/17/22.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
358 Days Later.jpg

SIBL, for sure. But the thing that bugged me (curious, not irritated) about your post was the “358 days” thing. Ordered in July, but order banks didn’t open until September. Does that mean your order just sat at the dealer for 45 days? When did you get your order confirmation letter? If you got your truck in 10 months, consider yourself lucky!

SuperDave71

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-350 CCSB 6.7
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My current XL has a Line-X that was added by the dealer as a means to his ADM and I have no complaints. In the past I’ve always just dropped in the ford rubber mat and called it good. My justification was that the first step of a spray in liner is to scuff the surface. If my painted surface ever got so unsightly that it bothered me I’d have it sprayed. Paint hold up pretty well, and I use my bed daily for tools and equipment.
My XLT that’s in production will get the rubber mat.

2B1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 and Mav XLT hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered XLT will get a good mate first, then hard tonneau cover, then SIBL after some time. Congrate on you new truck.
Sponsored