2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Well folks, I never thought it would happen to me, but I am now the proud owner of a 2022 Maverick. At 329 days from order to delivery, it sure felt like a loooong wait. However, I know I'm actually one of the "lucky" ones by standards of this forum.

I could go on and on, but suffice it to say I am thrilled with the truck. It was a cold, gray day in Pennsylvania and the heated seats and steering wheel on the XLT Luxury package are a godsend! I drove home in the dark and my favorite feature so far is auto high beams -- they worked like a charm! Honestly, haven't even had much of a chance to really explore this thing yet. I have a pile of mods lined up, but that's more fun for other days.

For now, I just want to give a shout out to Sales Manager Bill Kammetler, Salesman John "Caveman" McDaniel and the whole crew at Koch 33 Ford in Easton, Pa. Christmas Day will mark exactly 11 months from my order date, and over nearly a year, Bill was great at answering my questions, handling order changes (adding the 4K Tow Package and switching from Hot Pepper Red to Cactus Gray) and MOST IMPORTANTLY, honoring every financial commitment he made on the day I placed my order. Koch 33 honored price protection, incentive protection and interest rate protection. I was able to buy the truck for $850 below MSRP and get 1.9% for 60 months via Ford Credit. The finance process was low pressure; some talk about an extended warranty, but no hard sales tactics. I walked out with all my paperwork and exactly the monthly payment I expected going in. Well done, guys, and I'd be happy to do business with you again anytime.

Here are a few obligatory photos for your viewing pleasure. I think it's pretty easy to figure out which one of the dealership employees "Caveman" is!

Ford Maverick 329 Days...It's a Festivus Miracle! Mav 1.JPG

Ford Maverick 329 Days...It's a Festivus Miracle! Ford-Hero

Ford Maverick 329 Days...It's a Festivus Miracle! Koch-33-Crew

And finally, she's at her forever home, safely tucked in for the night! (Note how different the Cactus Gray is in the garage vs. on the lot. The green hues really stand out in natural light. In dim light it just looks plain gray. I like the versatility!)

Ford Maverick 329 Days...It's a Festivus Miracle! Mav-at-Home
Sponsored

Last edited:

22MavXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT, 23 Maverick XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Congrats! The more I see Cactus Gray it makes me glad I changed my '23 order from Iconic Silver to CG with the BAP.

OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Congrats! The more I see Cactus Gray it makes me glad I changed my '23 order from Iconic Silver to CG with the BAP.
You won't regret it!

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well folks, I never thought it would happen to me, but I am not the proud owner of a 2022 Maverick. At 329 days from order to delivery, it sure felt like a loooong wait. However, I know I'm actually one of the "lucky" ones by standards of this forum.

I could go on and on, but suffice it to say I am thrilled with the truck. It was a cold, gray day in Pennsylvania and the heated seats and steering wheel on the XLT Luxury package are a godsend! I drove home in the dark and my favorite feature so far is auto high beams -- they worked like a charm! Honestly, haven't even had much of a chance to really explore this thing yet. I have a pile of mods lined up, but that's more fun for other days.

For now, I just want to give a shout out to Sales Manager Bill Kammetler, Salesman John "Caveman" McDaneil and the whole crew at Koch 33 Ford in Easton, Pa. Christmas Day will mark exactly 11 months from my order date, and over nearly a year, Bill was great at answering my questions, handling order changes (adding the 4K Tow Package and switching from Hot Pepper Red to Cactus Gray) and MOST IMPORTANTLY, honoring every financial commitment he made on the day I placed my order. Koch 33 honored price protection, incentive protection and interest rate protection. I was able to buy the truck for $850 below MSRP and get 1.9% for 60 months via Ford Credit. The finance process was low pressure; some talk about an extended warranty, but no hard sales tactics. I walked out with all my paperwork and exactly the monthly payment I expected going in. Well done, guys, and I'd be happy to do business with you again anytime.

Here are a few obligatory photos for your viewing pleasure. I think it's pretty easy to figure out which one of the dealership employees "Caveman" is!

Mav 1.JPG

Ford-Hero.jpg

Koch-33-Crew.jpg

And finally, she's at her forever home, safely tucked in for the night! (Note how different the Cactus Gray is in the garage vs. on the lot. The green hues really stand out in natural light. In dim light it just looks plain gray. I like the versatility!)

Mav-at-Home.jpg
Congrats man! Good luck. Sounds like you got a great deal! I'm still waiting for a price protection check from my dealer. Got mine early Nov.

Sponsored

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Congrats and Happy Mavericking!!

OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

now that you've taken delivery, you can move on from the 'Airing of Grievances' part, and perhaps begin the 'Feats of Strength'.
Yes! Need to put doing "truck stuff" on the agenda!

MightyMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Congrats! Sure it was a long wait but trust me, it'll be well worth it. I've already had mine for almost 10 months and it's a treat to drive. It's comfortable, easy to park/maneuver, good-looking, has plenty of tech, great on gas, and so far has been knock on wood. It was also the first vehicle I've ever special-ordered and gave me the opportunity to get exactly what I want instead of compromising. I hope you forever enjoy your Maverick as I will with mine. Thanks for posting!

Sponsored
OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Congrats. No coal for you. Now we just need festivus for the restofus.
Well, did you put up your pole? How will Ford know where to park your Mav if you don't put up your pole?

pgstick02

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2006 Mazda MX5, 1973 Super Beetle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Congratulations, I will actually be picking my Maverick up tomorrow as well after what will be a 465 day wait. I was extremely excited when I was sent a picture of it on the car carrier this morning.

lsudelts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Wendell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick (Build Week 12/19), Ford Focus SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
370 days and counting. Build week 12/19. Have VIN and Window Sticker. Fingers Crossed.

Tirpitz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid+Lux in Velocity Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Congrats! Happy to see you finally got yours. Just in time for the big Christmas storm of 2022. :)
Sponsored