Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Same here. Still sitting on ramp 6P.
What's crazy is both of yours arrived in KC MO on the 20th, one was shipped on to Granger, the other held back. Mine got to KC MO on the 18th and was held back. No rhyme or reason to it really. I would think they would ship to the dealer in the order they showed up in the yard date wise. Were yours and your not sisters the 3% off trucks or the $3000 off trucks? Mine was the $3000 off truck.

Last edited:

baodotcom

First Name
Bao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rav4
What's crazy is both of yours arrived in KC MO on the 20th, one was shipped on to Granger, the other held back. Mine got to KC MO on the 18th and was held back. No rhyme or reason to it really. I would think they would ship to the dealer in the order they showed up in the yard date wise. Were yours and your not sisters the 3% off trucks or the $3000 off trucks? Mine was the $3000 off truck.
They were both 3% off invoice trucks but I wouldn't think it matters. Just surprised that they don't use a FIFO method of getting these trucks onto carriers.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They were both 3% off invoice trucks but I wouldn't think it matters. Just surprised that they don't use a FIFO method of getting these trucks onto carriers.
Called FoMoCo customer service this morning. They said my new ETA is sept 26-Oct 2nd. WTF ?!?

DavesMav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Called FoMoCo customer service this morning. They said my new ETA is sept 26-Oct 2nd. WTF ?!?
The ETA's are so random. Mine had got bumped back two weeks, then the truck showed up the day after the new bump, so 13 days before the new earliest ETA. I'd put no faith into the ETA Ford gives lol.

Sponsored

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The ETA's are so random. Mine had got bumped back two weeks, then the truck showed up the day after the new bump, so 13 days before the new earliest ETA. I'd put no faith into the ETA Ford gives lol.
Originally the ETA out of KC MO was sept 18-28. Then sept 23-30. Now 26th to Oct 2nd. The thing that's screwed up is that theres trucks that showed up days after mine did in KC MO that have already been loaded onto trucks to go to Granger.

Last edited:

DavesMav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Originally the ETA out of KC MO was sept 18-28. Then sept 23-30. Now 26th to Oct 2nd. The thing that's screwed up is that theresctrucks that showed up days after mine did in KC MO that have already been loaded onto trucks to go to Granger.
It happens so often and makes no sense. I've seen it on F150forums, Mustang forums as well. There are several folks who have their vehicles sit at the rail yard, while other vehicles show up later and depart sooner. It makes zero sense. I'm sorry that's happening to you. Back in the day, this could occur and nobody would really even know. But today with these forums connecting so many owners, we all start to see how poorly operated this delivery system of Fords actually is. Ford could certainly do better.

DavesMav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I have no idea how those railyards actually work, but there has to be some funny business that happens from time to time. The vehicle that has been there the longest, should be the first to go to the dealer when a hauler is available. But for some reason the vehicles to not seem to go in an actual First In First Out order. I can't help but think the railyard just stages the vehicles "best they can", which means occasionally newer to arrive vehicles get staged ahead of older ones just because someone there is being lazy. And if the same fool keeps doing that, the older vehicle will just sit and sit because there are constantly new vehicles coming. So the problem just compounds and the oldest vehicle doesn't get touched until something gives.

baodotcom

First Name
Bao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rav4
It happens so often and makes no sense. I've seen it on F150forums, Mustang forums as well. There are several folks who have their vehicles sit at the rail yard, while other vehicles show up later and depart sooner. It makes zero sense. I'm sorry that's happening to you. Back in the day, this could occur and nobody would really even know. But today with these forums connecting so many owners, we all start to see how poorly operated this delivery system of Fords actually is. Ford could certainly do better.
Good point that if we didn't have the ability to track and compare we would all be in the blind on how the transport process doesn't make sense for this last leg. I would love it if it would show up tomorrow but considering that I have been waiting for 11 months, a couple weeks of waiting is not going to ruin the experience of having the Maverick.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well I hope it doesnt show up in december. Because I will have a zero mileage 1 year old vehicle by then. If it's going to deteriorate, I want to deteriorate it myself.

Sponsored

baodotcom

First Name
Bao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rav4
Good point that if we didn't have the ability to track and compare we would all be in the blind on how the transport process doesn't make sense for this last leg. I would love it if it would show up tomorrow but considering that I have been waiting for 11 months, a couple weeks of waiting is not going to ruin the experience of having the Maverick.
Just after I typed up this response, I searched the Ford tracker again and it shows that it just arrived at Granger. This morning it showed that it was still being shipped.

Ford Maverick 3% Below Invoice on Ford Maverick at Granger Ford 1664466883292

DavesMav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Just after I typed up this response, I searched the Ford tracker again and it shows that it just arrived at Granger. This morning it showed that it was still being shipped.

1664466883292.png
Congrats! Hope Granger can get it processed and in your hands quickly!

I know dealers also have no idea when vehicles will actually show up (thanks Ford), so Granger could have received 5 vehicles in the past few days or 55 vehicles :ROFLMAO: All of which need a thorough inspection and prep. Also each one most likely has an anxious buyer on the other end, wanting to take delivery ASAP! Long story short, be patient with your dealer, they want to get you in your new ride as bad as you want to be in it!

baodotcom

First Name
Bao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rav4
Congrats! Hope Granger can get it processed and in your hands quickly!

I know dealers also have no idea when vehicles will actually show up (thanks Ford), so Granger could have received 5 vehicles in the past few days or 55 vehicles :ROFLMAO: All of which need a thorough inspection and prep. Also each one most likely has an anxious buyer on the other end, wanting to take delivery ASAP! Long story short, be patient with your dealer, they want to get you in the new car as bad as you want to be in it!
Granger's standard email says to expect to wait 1.5 weeks for prep and financing paperwork to be finalize. I presume it can happen quicker but they don't want folks to finalize their travel plans too early. I actually checked with Granger just now and they said they don't have my truck yet so who knows, the truck might be on I-35 on the way to Iowa and the tracker jumped the gun on updating the status.

Espeer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 focus, 2003 expedition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine has been on the ramp since the 20th as well. Originally scheduled to arrive 20-26. Then 27-29. I'll hit chat again.

DavesMav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Granger's standard email says to expect to wait 1.5 weeks for prep and financing paperwork to be finalize. I presume it can happen quicker but they don't want folks to finalize their travel plans too early. I actually checked with Granger just now and they said they don't have my truck yet so who knows, the truck might be on I-35 on the way to Iowa and the tracker jumped the gun on updating the status.
Yeah, it's definitely there if the tracker already says so. They most likely have a line of vehicles that need "checked in" and inspected. My understanding is they reach out to you when everything is ready. Calling them just because the tracker shows it is there just overwhelms their resources even further. Gotta think, could have got 5 vehicles yesterday or 55. With this situation, it's nearly impossible for the dealer to flex workload with Ford giving Granger no further information on when deliveries will occur. They are truly in the dark until the vehicle hits their lot. And even then, might take them a while to get to it if 50 vehicles rolled in and they can only process so many per day.
Sponsored