First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've peeked at the different topics on what tires will fit a factory Maverick, and 245/70/R17 was on the list, but I didn't see any posts that showed them on a stock build with NO lift. I rolled the dice, ordered some up, and had them installed. To anyone who's curious, I'll confirm that I have a rub-free fit of 245/70/R17 tires (in my case, some economy GT Radial Adventuro AT3's) on a factory stance FX4 Maverick - No lift, no grinding, no cutting, etc. I like the look of full wheel wells, though I acknowledge others prefer the lifted stance when installing bigger tires. Anyways, just putting this out there for anyone that might be interested in more meat on the road without having to lift the truck. Cheers!

P.S. I didn't bother blotting out my plate, I'll roll the dice on that too. You're all Maverick fans, so you're OBVIOUSLY good people! :)

Ford Maverick 245/70/R17 tires fit on factory FX4 Maverick (no rubbing) IMG_20231003_190447225_HDR
Ford Maverick 245/70/R17 tires fit on factory FX4 Maverick (no rubbing) IMG_20231003_190506020_HDR
Ford Maverick 245/70/R17 tires fit on factory FX4 Maverick (no rubbing) IMG_20231003_190548639_HDR
Sponsored

scottp01

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fiesta (on death's door)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dang, these look awesome on the truck. Going to have to see about getting a set once I wear out the Pirellis.
How far off is your speedometer with those installed?

OP
OP
LeatherPants

LeatherPants

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dang, these look awesome on the truck. Going to have to see about getting a set once I wear out the Pirellis.
How far off is your speedometer with those installed?
Funny you should ask. On my commute to work there is a perpetual speed radar telling people how fast they are going. When my speedo reads 54, the radar said 57, which was about what I was expecting. I was on a tire size comparison site, and it stated there was about a 7% increase in tire diameter between stock 225/65/R17 tires and 245/70/R17 tires. They are pretty recently installed, so I haven't noticed much difference in fuel economy yet (based on the trucks onboard computer), but again, They've only been on a couple of days now. I'll update when I learn more, but keep in mind that with the factory computer, your actual mileage will be 7% higher than the computer reads since you are traveling further with each tire revolution than the stock computer is calculating.

Last edited:

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Looks great, and thanks for being the guennie pig. Im hoping that 265/65r17s will fit my stock Tremor, with offroading. You should be pretty happy with your GT Radials. Havent had those but I had their Komodo MTs on my Comanche work truck. After 4 years and alot of abuse they are just now getting bald.

Fmp0926

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
McLeod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've peeked at the different topics on what tires will fit a factory Maverick, and 245/70/R17 was on the list, but I didn't see any posts that showed them on a stock build with NO lift. I rolled the dice, ordered some up, and had them installed. To anyone who's curious, I'll confirm that I have a rub-free fit of 245/70/R17 tires (in my case, some economy GT Radial Adventuro AT3's) on a factory stance FX4 Maverick - No lift, no grinding, no cutting, etc. I like the look of full wheel wells, though I acknowledge others prefer the lifted stance when installing bigger tires. Anyways, just putting this out there for anyone that might be interested in more meat on the road without having to lift the truck. Cheers!

P.S. I didn't bother blotting out my plate, I'll roll the dice on that too. You're all Maverick fans, so you're OBVIOUSLY good people! :)

IMG_20231003_190447225_HDR.jpg
IMG_20231003_190506020_HDR.jpg
IMG_20231003_190548639_HDR.jpg
I like the look but it sure appears to be a tight fit. You sure there's no rubbing when turning the wheels to full lock or when compressing the shocks (I.e. going over a speed bump)?

Sponsored

groovesocket

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I love the white letter tires. Such a good look on a truck.

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Your odometer is also going to log fewer miles than you actually drive now.

Bonus!! Longer warranty!!!! 🤣

miike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
To anyone who's curious, I'll confirm that I have a rub-free fit of 245/70/R17 tires

I'll second this. I have the hybrid and had to run stock lift for about a month until I got my lift kit in. No rubbing... it's really, really, really close, but no rubbing. I am running 245/70/R17 Nitto Nomad Grapplers.

Sponsored
OP
OP
LeatherPants

LeatherPants

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I like the look but it sure appears to be a tight fit. You sure there's no rubbing when turning the wheels to full lock or when compressing the shocks (I.e. going over a speed bump)?
I'm not going to lie and say that I put it though an off-road grinder, while steering lock to lock the entire time. However, I DID drive it through this sort-of-figure-eight-looking rough patch off the road about a mile from my place, and I never detected any rubbing (though because it is pretty bumpy, I was actually fairly confident I WOULD hear those tell-tale rubs. LOL). It was fairly slow speed, and I wasn't actively trying to push it to the limit, but even at full lock there was no perceptible rub. Anyways, someone else mentioned rocks and mud and whatnot potentially getting lodged - and I'm sure that is true - it's pretty close fit after all. I also imagine if you do that kind of off-roading, you're probably gonna want to lift your truck up regardless! Either way, I'm mostly on-road, and my "off-roading" consists of mainly semi-rough two-tracks and sandy Florida dune patches. If this matches your driving habits, you can move confidently forward on 245/70's.

OP
OP
LeatherPants

LeatherPants

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks great, and thanks for being the guennie pig. Im hoping that 265/65r17s will fit my stock Tremor, with offroading. You should be pretty happy with your GT Radials. Havent had those but I had their Komodo MTs on my Comanche work truck. After 4 years and alot of abuse they are just now getting bald.
Thanks! I'd have loved to jump all the way up to 265/65's, but I can easily see on my stock truck that those would likely start rubbing well before the lock! As for the GT Radials, these are my second set actually... my first set was their old "Turbo Plus", 245/65/15's on my '83 AMC Eagle SX4 - my very first car - and a very long time ago, about 33 years ago now. Good times. That set of tires held up really well against my idiotic teenage driving habits, so I'm hoping these provide me the same service.

Old Ford Guy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Hybrid Lariat ; 2016 Linc Navigator
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

IMG_20231003_190447225_HDR.jpg
IMG_20231003_190506020_HDR.jpg
IMG_20231003_190548639_HDR.jpg
VERY good looking rig. i especially like the white raised letter look on your tires as well.