Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav XLT, RAV4 Hybrid, KIA EV6
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Arrived today, around noon.
Ford Maverick Missing wiring circuit parts (for trailer lights) for 4k Tow Package NOW available — 23C04 Compliance Recall / NHTSA 23V160 IMG_9201
Sponsored

h20mxracer222

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac Escalade EXT and Toyota 4runner Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got my letter yesterday. It stated that the job will take half a day. Does anyone know exactly what needs to be installed to get the trailer lights working on my Mav with tow package?

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got my letter yesterday. It stated that the job will take half a day. Does anyone know exactly what needs to be installed to get the trailer lights working on my Mav with tow package?
NHTSA website has the recall repair documentation listed now.
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2023/RCMN-23V160-3502.pdf

Interesting that there's slightly different procedures for the XL/XLT than the Lariat. The former is basically similar to the process described here and as @Hot Runr Guy 's dealer did. Lariat adds a wire to the underhood fuse box connector, through the firewall, and across into one of the connectors near the BCM/passenger footwell. Probably because the Lariat uses its accent lighting as marker/DRL (although why not just tap the lower bumper marker?)

[Payable] labor time of 1.1 hours. Looks like mobile service eligible if your dealer does that.

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

angry_mechanic

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 CG Maverick XLT 2.0L AWD w/ FX4 & 4K Pkg.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just posted a write-up on this if you still need it. It's under the repair/TSB/Recall section :) Cheers!
Sponsored