Reaction score
Website
www.SierraRacingSupply.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Hybrid XLT, 09 Porsche Cayman S, 72 Datsun 240z
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi all,

Waaaay back in July '21 I ordered a Hybrid XLT Lux from Chapman / Horsham Ford as a drop-ship order out to California, their offer of 4% under invoice (plus tax, title, license, etc) was too good to pass up. Knowing what I know now about the wait time I'd likely have just ordered localy but... the good news is my truck has finally arrived! I plan on utilizing the good Ford Credit offer available last year, and Chapman did just send me some invoice numbers but they don't quite line up with what I was originally told.

Curious if you guys know what's going on with the pricing here. I did ask them but have yet to hear back.

Ford Maverick '22 Maverick Order Invoice Price Discrepancy Maverick cost.PNG

Ford Maverick '22 Maverick Order Invoice Price Discrepancy invoice price chapma

Ford Maverick '22 Maverick Order Invoice Price Discrepancy invoice price chapman new
Sponsored

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Factory price increases. Dealer should honor original agreed price, as they will pay the original invoice price to the factory. What are they trying to charge you?

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Factory price increases. Dealer should honor original agreed price, as they will pay the original invoice price to the factory. What are they trying to charge you?
Unfortunately when I ordered my Father's truck through Chapman I asked about a potential price increase. I was told they had a disclaimer on their website that says you will be charged 4% below current invoice pricing, aka, pricing at the time Ford actually invoices the vehicle to Chapman. Essentially they told me we have no control and too bad even though there's such a thing as price protection in smart vincent I believe. Maybe other recent Chapman purchasers can chime in. Here is what Chapman sent me when I asked:

Ford Maverick '22 Maverick Order Invoice Price Discrepancy Chapman Price Protect

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Unfortunately when I ordered my Father's truck through Chapman I asked about a potential price increase. I was told they had a disclaimer on their website that says you will be charged 4% below current invoice pricing, aka, pricing at the time Ford actually invoices the vehicle to Chapman. Essentially they told me we have no control and too bad even though there's such a thing as price protection in smart vincent I believe. Maybe other recent Chapman purchasers can chime in. Here is what Chapman sent me when I asked:

Chapman Price Protect.jpg
Haven't really been following, but have they been honoring the original price for others? Seemed like some had better luck than others.

OP
OP
Hyrax

Hyrax

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The original agreed-upon price was $24,657 (4% under invoice) plus tax/tags and $394 doc fee.

The invoice they sent over looks like it shows the invoice as $26898.25 which would be ~$25,822 at 4% discount. A $1200 increase seems like an awful lot.

Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
there are multiple existing threads about this (not just about Chapman) if you take the time to search and read. Short version is the final window sticker pricing reflects all increases accrued along the way from your original order until delivery to dealer. Dealers are supposed charge you what original order showed and get reimbursed for difference by Ford. Price Protection applies here and the good dealers remedy this automatically and it is transparent to buyer. There are reports of some dealers trying to charge customer the latest sticker price and claiming Ford will send the difference to customer. It's not supposed to work that way...

OP
OP
Hyrax

Hyrax

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
there are multiple existing threads about this (not just about Chapman) if you take the time to search and read. Short version is the final window sticker pricing reflects all increases accrued along the way from your original order until delivery to dealer. Dealers are supposed charge you what original order showed and get reimbursed for difference by Ford. Price Protection applies here and the good dealers remedy this automatically and it is transparent to buyer. There are reports of some dealers trying to charge customer the latest sticker price and claiming Ford will send the difference to customer. It's not supposed to work that way...
Thanks for the info! I did search a bit before posting but admittedly probably not enough. Will look into it more.

jpl7977

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 VW GTI Autobahn
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had an email conversation about this with one of the sales people at Chapman Horsham. The way they do it is:

Either MSRP with price protection from time of order OR 4% under invoice at time of invoice.

People seem to think they are honoring 4% below invoice at time of order which is not accurate. The price increase you’re seeing is the new current invoice -4% price.

OP
OP
Hyrax

Hyrax

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had an email conversation about this with one of the sales people at Chapman Horsham. The way they do it is:

Either MSRP with price protection from time of order OR 4% under invoice at time of invoice.

People seem to think they are honoring 4% below invoice at time of order which is not accurate. The price increase you’re seeing is the new current invoice -4% price.
If this is true, and what Old Ranchero said is also true, this seems like a pretty shady practice. Nowhere in the paperwork I saw or signed did it say I'd potentially be paying a higher price. No one mentioned it to me. I was told the price I'd be paying and I ordered. If they're able to get that money back from Ford, then the price should be no different.

For the moment I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and we'll see what they say.

OB1e

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CG LUX XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I thought the dealerships were still charging the increased prices and the incentives from ford were just to ease the pain. But the dealership can honor the original price and the incentives?

Sponsored

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Makes sense based on what they told me at time of order, for my father's order it's only a few hundred dollars but still kind of crummy.

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Chapman’s offers have changed over the past 18 months due in part to their inability to get original price protection from Ford.

The OP needs to go back and look at the terms of the original order, at the beginning of the ordering cycle Chapman may have offered the 4% deal plus price protection offered from Ford. It appears a firm, fixed price was agreed to..

Over the last 18 months, Chapman’s offers have changed due in part to Ford not backing price protection, or in some cases the difficulty to track multiple changes over extreme time. Chapman was forthcoming and stated they would provide the discount based on their final invoice price from Ford, still a sweet deal.

I’ve ordered and purchased my TRX and ordered my Maverick from them, and Steve (in OPs document), Tom and Ashlie have always treated me fairly and 1000% stuck to their commitment.

Good luck OP, give Chapman an opportunity to respond.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hyrax

Hyrax

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Update: I got the financing numbers from Steven and they lined up with the original numbers I saw. They didn't specifically address it so they either caught it or saw my email and fixed it. Hopefully will have my Mav within a few days!

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Glad you got it worked out. FWIW, the 4% under invoice at the time of delivery is still cheaper than the locked MSRP. So, you would have won either way.
Sponsored