First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hyundai Tuscon NLine
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
" A naturally aspirated four-cylinder remains a possibility for the entry-level model to keep costs down, while the Maverick will also come with a hybrid powertrain option. "

I hope to ~bleep~ the 4wd hybrid option is priced no higher than 30k.

Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm quite curious to see actual specs, trims, option groups and pricing. I think I've eliminated the hybrid idea after reading it uses CVT transmission and I hate those and won't own a vehicle with 1. My initial thought was to go with the lowest cost version, unless it has the I-3 in it. Simply no reason for an engine like that to even exist IMO. :poop: Making matters worse it has automatic cylinder de-activation, auto stop/start, and when you add that to the fact FWD vehicles with transverse mounted motors are known for torque steer unless you go AWD- and then put turbos on it with lag on spool up- no thanks! I thought I might go big instead since it will probably be the last vehicle I ever buy new and want the 2.0 with AWD if it's comparable to Escape option groups and trim levels I saw. I'm going to sell an old house I no longer need and with the way prices have skyrocketed, that further re-inforced the idea of splurging with my unexpected windfall profits. Only potential downside to that idea is I don't want or need all the extra tech features and don't want to pay for them just to get the 2.0/AWD combo. :confused:

If the reports are true the entry level Mav really does have the N/A 2.0 I-4 standard with fewest whistles and bells and really does have MSRP under $20k, that will probably be the way to go for me. Then I'll use the leftover $ saved from not buying an uplevel version to buy a new sport bike (y):cool:

Sponsored

NavyBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL
Do you think they will reveal Price structure for all versions? Hyundai did a reveal of the Santa Cruz but no prices.

Reactions: Doc

MarcusBrody

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit Connect, BMW 318ti
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sounds great. I'll be glad to know the specs to see if it will fit my needs.

Unlike everyone else though it seems, I very much want the turbo engine. I've been driving my loaded Transit Connect at 6-8000 feet the last couple of days and it is pretty anemic up here.

MontanaEd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PHEV- Volt
On the hybrid thing. The Toyota Sienna minivan, which is AWD, gets 35 miles to the gallon. Done right, a compact pickup with a hybrid power train could get amazing milage and have great power even at higher elevation because the electric assist is not effected by air density. That said, my bet is the hybrid will be 2WD only. I'm also sceptical it will happen.

Dan_E26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Focus, 2018 Sonata SEL
"Sources familiar with _____"

Hmm, where have we heard that before?

not saying I'm not excited, just saying to temper your expectations, cause "sources familiar with" is journalist-ese for "This is probably BS but you'll click anyway"
Sponsored