Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So, I'm thinking if they are going to have any kind of electrified version available from the get go, it would make sense to reveal that along side a big announcement about an electric vehicle people have been waiting on. Perhaps a stage full of hybrid and plug in hybrid vehicles in the background with an all electric offering right up front. I'm talking about the F150 Lightening here. This would be the same sort of thing Hyundai did with the Santa Cruz press event. Here is out super popular model (Tucson / F150 Lightening) and this cool new thing you might like (Santa Cruz / Maverick). So the optimist in me says May 19th reveal. The pessimist says "Yeah, right. May 19, 2022."
that doesn't seem to be the way Ford goes about things. How long was Escape out before an EV option appeared? Is there a hybrid Bronco Sport avaialble on lots right now? F-150 just released as hybrid option this year. The Mach-E is selling like crazy (already #2 behind Tesla in units per month). I'm thinking Ford won't want to dilute sales from those other 2 big names, and if Maverick is indeed on shaky ground as some people think- just getting the ICE version into market with a few options would represent the major milestone event. Wouldn't an EV version require a completely separate assembly line too? I'm guessing they would want to evaluate popularity of the basic vehicle concept and count up pre-orders before comitting to anything requiring more resources at vendor and factory levels, but I could be wrong :cool:
Sponsored

NavyBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL
I think that Ford will have to say something at the Annual meeting on Thursday. If they ask for questions I will sure bring it up. I have had Ford stock for a long time and they usually "surprise" us with new stuff at these gatherings.

Ford Maverick Guess the Maverick Reveal Date 2021-maverick-product-packaging-guide-colors-trims-options-3

NDL

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think that Ford will have to say something at the Annual meeting on Thursday. If they ask for questions I will sure bring it up. I have had Ford stock for a long time and they usually "surprise" us with new stuff at these gatherings.
Suppliers announced a July start...we're already well into May.

If they don't do something soon, I see it as being kinda embarrassing.

Sponsored

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here’s my newest guess on the reveal date:
July 2, the same day the “Top Gun Maverick “ movie is released!

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here’s my newest guess on the reveal date:
July 2, the same day the “Top Gun Maverick “ movie is released!
Well, the Top Gun Maverick movie folks have screwed up my prediction... they’ve changed their date to November 19. Hope we don’t have to wait that long!

Sponsored

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
Well, the Top Gun Maverick movie folks have screwed up my prediction... they’ve changed their date to November 19. Hope we don’t have to wait that long!
Welp there goes Ford's promotion:

"Reserve a Maverick for $100 and get 2 tickets for the screening" 🤣

Minimalist

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ford Ranger FX4, '17 Ford Transit Connect
There were restricted dealer briefings today, 6/2, 3:00pm PDT, on Zoom.

That means something is happening, likely good. The formal announcements are probably going to be made real soon (next week as speculated by others here?), unless there is delay.

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota
June 8th! ...
Sponsored