First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@fordvideoguy has a video about Myth Busters and he goes into detail about that. He said the dealer could or could not charge for labor to install. He went through a list of all DIO's and there were some "should be" freebies and others they would most likely charge for. But it's uptown the dealer.
@fordvideoguy has a video about Myth Busters and he goes into detail about that. He said the dealer could or could not charge for labor to install. He went through a list of all DIO's and there were some "should be" freebies and others they would most likely charge for. But it's uptown the dealer.
So, each buyer needs to know what are “dealer installed options” and if they have “lots” of DIO’s he should be prepared…my concern is that the CD dealer is getting paid for DIO labor and selling dealer was already been paid...so customer was paying twice. I my case I may fly to selling Ford Dealer for pickup if CD Dealer is charging twice. This mostly applies to people with a number of DIO’s or some that take several hours to install. I don’t like surprises!!
Sponsored

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
So, each buyer needs to know what are “dealer installed options” and if they have “lots” of DIO’s he should be prepared…my concern is that the CD dealer is getting paid for DIO labor and selling dealer was already been paid...so customer was paying twice. I my case I may fly to selling Ford Dealer for pickup if CD Dealer is charging twice. This mostly applies to people with a number of DIO’s or some that take several hours to install. I don’t like surprises!!
Don't have any DIO's on my build.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
The CD should not bill you for anything unless they are processing your paperwork.

the cost of the CD is added to your total and billed internally.

so my CD raised my price by 200$, but I still pay Chapman it all. Likely via certified check or bank xfer, whichever they prefer. Heck I offered to set up an escrow account /shrug. That’s up to Chapman how they want payment, but the CD has told me they will be billing Chapman the 200$ and I should expect to see that as a line item. They will also bill for my one DIO and do the install at the CD, but that is an internal matter and I will not see that as a line item

OP
OP
fordvideoguy

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
If someone orders their Maverick from a dealer in a remote city, but has that dealer do a Courtesy Delivery to another dealership in the buyers town. Does the Courtesy Delivery Ford Dealer do and get paid to install all of the DIO’s Since the selling dealer never sees your Maverick? Are is the CD dealer going to charge for DIO’s again.
They do get paid for the courtesy delivery which should pay for that. 90% of the items take all of 5 minutes to install.

Splicer11

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Journey RT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was wondering if you could find out what seems to be keeping First Edition build to be held up.

I like the information you provide in the videos, but haven't seen anyone addressing this topic.

Thanks.
I
I was wondering if you could find out what seems to be keeping First Edition build to be held up.

I like the information you provide in the videos, but haven't seen anyone addressing this topic.

Thanks.
Ford cancelled my first edition.
Told it was supplier for the rims.
Seems odd.

Sponsored

OP
OP
fordvideoguy

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
I

Seems odd.
Reaching out to the Brand Manager. I plan to do a video on the First Edition soon and will include any information I receive from him.

doug2104

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I

Seems odd.
Well that real stinks(sucks). I thought that would be Ford #1 pride and joy trim line. You would think that Ford would have a backup Rim plan for that Trim line.

Sponsored

Waitingtosee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Explorer Limited, 2022 Ford Maverick FE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dealer called to tell me ford emailed and cancelled.
They didn't give you the option to change your order? I would have that the dealer would have wanted you to do that rather than lose the order. You're right seems odd...

Splicer11

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Journey RT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They didn't give you the option to change your order? I would have that the dealer would have wanted you to do that rather than lose the order. You're right seems odd...
yes I was given the option to change but am going to wait and see how things go. Seems like everything changes all the time now

Waitingtosee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Explorer Limited, 2022 Ford Maverick FE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
yes I was given the option to change but am going to wait and see how things go. Seems like everything changes all the time now
I ordered a FE too so I am just waiting for the call from my dealer. How disappointing… might just have to reconsider my choice.
Sponsored