JVolpe

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
beater truck
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Our little Maverick beat out some stiff competition: F-150 Lightning, Rivian R1T, Chevy Silverado ZR2, Toyota Tundra Hybrid!

https://www.thedrive.com/car-reviews/the-drive-awards-2022-best-truck-ford-maverick

The Drive’s Best Truck of 2022 Is the Ford Maverick

We tested a lot of pickups in 2022, and when the staff was polled on their favorite, the Ford Maverick won. And not by a little.

Winner: Ford Maverick
Ford Maverick The Drive's Best Truck of 2022 is the Ford Maverick, by a Landslide Maverick-AWARD-WINNER-INLINE-1

Full article: https://www.thedrive.com/car-reviews/the-drive-awards-2022-best-truck-ford-maverick
Sponsored

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The fact that the Mav really has no direct competition is a luxury that Ford needs to (and is..) extract maximum mileage from. Undoubtedly, other mfgr's will be getting into this game soon, and the Mav will have a big target on it's back. Will be fun to see what others bring to the table in the coming years...

Sponsored

FromAway

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat FX4 4K Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I hope Ford is really compiling the data on improvements for the next refresh while streamlining the build process. There is so much potential for new packages too. I just have a feeling we are going to start seeing more price creep in higher end trims and locking features arbitrarily behind those packages like they have done with the rest of their lineup. I'm sure there are executives out there looking to bump up the average profit to secure their bonuses.

Raymundo76

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Our little Maverick beat out some stiff competition: F-150 Lightning, Rivian R1T, Chevy Silverado ZR2, Toyota Tundra Hybrid!

https://www.thedrive.com/car-reviews/the-drive-awards-2022-best-truck-ford-maverick

The Drive’s Best Truck of 2022 Is the Ford Maverick

We tested a lot of pickups in 2022, and when the staff was polled on their favorite, the Ford Maverick won. And not by a little.

Winner: Ford Maverick
Maverick-AWARD-WINNER-INLINE-1.jpg

Full article: https://www.thedrive.com/car-reviews/the-drive-awards-2022-best-truck-ford-maverick
Gee I guess the Santa Crux was not close!

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Cue the whiners in 3,2,1...
Theory: The Drive writers strike me as those who prefer to get into the seat of a sports car. The Maverick drives more like a car than the rest of the trucks on the list. Could be coloring their opinions a little.

st3v

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Notably absent: the Santa Cruz, lol!!! 🤪😆
I saw a Santa Cruz yesterday. Looked ok since it was in black. But I just looked up the Santa Cruz fuel economy - it's not good: [22 city / 26 hwy / 23 combined]. As a small truck, that bad fuel economy removes the incentive to get it (aside from questionable looks).

For comparison, Maverick eco is [23 city / 30 hwy / 26 combined] (a little better) and hybrid is [42 city / 33 hwy / 37 combined] (the best option that makes sense to me).

Deleted member 14823

Theory: The Drive writers strike me as those who prefer to get into the seat of a sports car. The Maverick drives more like a car than the rest of the trucks on the list. Could be coloring their opinions a little.
I honestly don't even follow them, and as such I don't know how relevant their opinion should be. I'm just anticipating the avalanche of rebuttals that will be posted soon on this thread, as sure as the dawn.

Sponsored

Last Truck Ever

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I saw a Santa Cruz yesterday. Looked ok since it was in black. But I just looked up the Santa Cruz fuel economy - it's not good: [22 city / 26 hwy / 23 combined]. As a small truck, that bad fuel economy removes the incentive to get it (aside from questionable looks).

For comparison, Maverick eco is [23 city / 30 hwy / 26 combined] (a little better) and hybrid is [42 city / 33 hwy / 37 combined] (the best option that makes sense to me).
I've got a buddy who has one, I actually like the Santa Cruz. The only reason I haven't bought one already is the low mpg, plus in my area you absolutely cannot find a base model anywhere. Only the higher dollar ones.

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I don't hate the SC at all. In fact, if it had better MPGs (or a hybrid variant) I might have chosen it over the Maverick. There are a few little dislikes I have about it, such as the piano black interior and the "just begging to get destroyed by road debris" front lights. But overall I find it to be a decent little kinda-truck. Just needs a few tweaks and to improve that gas mileage for it to even come close to offering what the Mav does.

leezep

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
SOTXMAV
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Chevrolet Tahoe LT, '23 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The versatility of the Mavericks many trims and packages puts it miles ahead of any oncoming competition. Bravo to Ford on the Maverick.

MichaelG

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't hate the SC at all. In fact, if it had better MPGs (or a hybrid variant) I might have chosen it over the Maverick. There are a few little dislikes I have about it, such as the piano black interior and the "just begging to get destroyed by road debris" front lights. But overall I find it to be a decent little kinda-truck. Just needs a few tweaks and to improve that gas mileage for it to even come close to offering what the Mav does.
The only place that piano black should be used is on a piano. I would never get that interior option.
Sponsored