Sponsored

Nguzzo

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon XL
Porsche puts ignition on left based on their racing history at LeMans. Drivers would run to their cars so they could start with left hand while keeping right hand free to shift. At least that is what I have been told. Every Porsche sports car I have seen has ignition on left. Not sure about the SUVs.
This 👆
Sponsored

mla_anderson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus SE Coupe, 22 F-150 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m pretty sure with any recent Ford, the key is more of a suggestion to the computer than a hard kill switch. If you blip the key in and out of the start position your Maverick will take over and finish the start. If you hold the key in the start position when the engine is running, the starter won’t engage. The differences between push to start and key start are minimal anymore, the key just gives the illusion of more control.

mcgarveyjb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT W/Lux and spray in
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same here. Love that I can just tap it and I'm done. Perhaps it's similar on the XL and XLT with the key...dunno. Or maybe it doesn't work because the key shouldn't be able to be removed when in gear.
YUp if you shut the xlt off while in drive, it will go to park

Pogeegitz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Expedition Max XLT, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You can turn the engine off with a key and it will automatically put the vehicle in park. I've done it by accident a couple of times. When the engine is off, you can't shift into park =)
I actually do that on purpose sometimes with my keyed start 2.0 EB. The auto engine shut-off when pulling into the garage or a parking spot can be annoying, especially when the engine starts again when you shift into park, only to shut it off a second later. I know the starters and batteries are supposedly designed to be able to handle this, but it seems excessive. When I come to a stop and the auto shut-off engages, I turn the key to off. I confirm the the truck shifts to park, I take my key and go. Haven't had an issue with that yet.

NeedForSteve

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Fusion 2.3; 2023 HPR XLT EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For anyone who thinks the button is in a weird spot, check out the new Mustangs. It's in the center stack, down low in front of the shifter. I've probaby been in and out of them hundreds of times and it never feels natural

Sponsored

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For anyone who thinks the button is in a weird spot, check out the new Mustangs. It's in the center stack, down low in front of the shifter. I've probaby been in and out of them hundreds of times and it never feels natural
Never gave it a second thought. I push it once to power up the electronics, once to start the engine when I've got the clutch in, and once when I shut things down. It's something I've never given a second thought to.

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Definitely a first world "problem"... Repositioning the PTS would be #1,023 on my list of things to be concerned with. #1 (as relates to the Maverick) is when the heck will I get mine? LOL
Sponsored