Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Absolutely. If you think this is a cool truck now, wait 'til you get your hands on one.
Have you driven one? Maybe as a test driver for the test mules and/or pre-production units? With your Maverick picture avatar, Dearborn, MI location and www.ford.com website in profile .... curious minds want to know :unsure:
Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's a great way to fill capacity at that plant. They may want to reconsider a European model.
more likely to build units for Central & South America. I would think they'd open an assembly line at an existing plant (Spain?) for a Euro model as the shipping from Mex across oceans and possible import and regulatory issues might make it too costly. That's all assuming it really is going to be as popular as we all expect it to be.

OP
OP
theek

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford has a LOT of capacity in Europe sitting idle, and it would be a perfect vehicle for the EU. They could waggle incentives out of a government easily with this, especially if they refresh to EV/PHEV/HEV alone, which I suspect will happen in Generation 2 if they are at all successful.

The collector's item might be the gasser.

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
It's a great way to fill capacity at that plant. They may want to reconsider a European model.
I think they are testing the waters. I could see them adding it to the The Ford Saarlouis Germany plant

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
I figured Ford had a hit on their hands with the Maverick. I remember the day when the Ford's smaller Ranger along with the little Toyota and Nissan trucks where like flies on honey, they were everywhere. In today's smaller, and packed urban areas of the U.S. the Maverick will be quite popular.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
theek

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In today's smaller, and packed urban areas of the U.S. the Maverick will be quite popular.
Same in Canada. Same elsewhere. Have you ever driven in Buenos Aires? Even more so in Europe. Most of the world isn't half-acre suburban developments.

flashfearless

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav Lariat Hybrid,2014 Ford Edge Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My local dealer in San Antonio blew off my reservation, so eff him I'm ordering from a place in Kansas who will ship for free.

Maverick-xv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Expedition XLT
It is Hybrid! It is Truck! It starts below $20K! No brainer for me!

Toyota Venza Hybrid (compact UV) base model starts at $32K. You can buy fully loaded Maverick Lariat Hybrid for under $30K. So it is not just sedan people will be looking at Maverick, but SUV crowd as well and it is a big one.

Last edited:
OP
OP
theek

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Venza is tiny inside. Totally useless. The Maverick Hybrid with a topper is a great build.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Venza is tiny inside. Totally useless. The Maverick Hybrid with a topper is a great build.
Yeah the more you compare the maverick, it seems like it would be a really good solution for many different buyers. I took a look at the venza...for just $313 you can get an 'activity' mount! I mean, who doesn't like activities! Oh, you can't tow with it, it is 1 1/4" receiver size and only supports 110lbs? Is it mounted to the bumper?! What a joke :)

Sponsored

dldsm7

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am not surprised it is (probably) past 40,000 now. I ordered one (maverick XL) already but also have a reservation on a Lightning (base). Crossing my fingers that the 12.5k tax incentive gets pushed through, otherwise I will pass on that one and stick with the Mav.

SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma 🌮
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am not surprised it is (probably) past 40,000 now. I ordered one (maverick XL) already but also have a reservation on a Lightning (base). Crossing my fingers that the 12.5k tax incentive gets pushed through, otherwise I will pass on that one and stick with the Mav.
Same. Will wait on the electric Maverick!