Sponsored

2.0 FWD Thoughts, likes and dislikes from any current 2.0 FWD owners?

TK4261

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
Hi All,
I am currently on a wait list at 3 ford dealers here in Las Vegas for a Lariat 2.0 FWD if any customer cancels their order. I had a chance to get a Limited Edition 2.0 in carbonized Grey that a customer cancelled but they had it marked up to 40K and it was a 4WD and a bit more than I would like to spend.

I was curious about anyone here that has the FWD 2.0 if they are happy with it and any dislikes they might have? If you use sport mode at all.? Most all of my driving is city and frwy so I figured the 2.0 fwd is fine and sport mode is included which I like that option to have. :cool:
Sponsored

Efab

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Edwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT FWD 2.0 EB LUX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Im in vegas. Fwd eco. No issues. Picks up pretty good and we definitely wont need awd here lol

ebxltfwd

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost XLT Carbonized Gray
I'm in Atlanta and so mostly do city/hwy driving. I usually drive in eco mode, but sometimes I'll do sport mode. The motor definitely has a lot of power and with traction control turned off, you're gonna spin those tires at launch. I don't do much off road, so the truck has been good for all my needs. Good traction in the rain. I purchased it off a lot, but if I were ordering one, I probably would have gone with AWD just because it is more versatile.

OP
OP
TK4261

TK4261

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Im in vegas. Fwd eco. No issues. Picks up pretty good and we definitely wont need awd here lol
I'm in Atlanta and so mostly do city/hwy driving. I usually drive in eco mode, but sometimes I'll do sport mode. The motor definitely has a lot of power and with traction control turned off, you're gonna spin those tires at launch. I don't do much off road, so the truck has been good for all my needs. Good traction in the rain. I purchased it off a lot, but if I were ordering one, I probably would have gone with AWD just because it is more versatile.
Thank you for the feedback, I appreciate it! :cool: :coffee:

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Because some of us will enjoy the extra power of the Ecoboost engine & have no use for AWD & all of the extra costs that come with it.

Sponsored

catinthebathtub

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
haas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 GT 350, 60 VW, 34 pickup and porsches....
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
over 3 months and 3k miles. very satisfied.
"factory gages" shows 28.1 MPG average since day 1 (i have never reset it) and mine has never left houston city limits so maybe 30-35% freeway.
i have added a spray in bedliner and tomorrow will be first oil change, homelink mirror install and the SSM50411 audio system software update while i have it in my shop and can connect it to my wi-fi.

GaryG

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, 2000 F250 7.3 TD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You will love the power on such a light weight vehicle. Traction is also fantastic as the full weight of the engine is on your drive wheels. I've had my 2.0 Ecoboost Fwd since Nov.

OP
OP
TK4261

TK4261

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I really like the 4cyl ecoboost engines. I have one in my Bronco Sport Badlands and I like the power. I work from home so all my driving is for pleasure. Just want something fun to drive and have the practical uses of a truck. I'm not sold on Hybrids or electric vehicles yet....Maybe someday

OP
OP
TK4261

TK4261

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Because some of us will enjoy the extra power of the Ecoboost engine & have no use for AWD & all of the extra costs that come with it.
You are correct! (y)

over 3 months and 3k miles. very satisfied.
"factory gages" shows 28.1 MPG average since day 1 (i have never reset it) and mine has never left houston city limits so maybe 30-35% freeway.
i have added a spray in bedliner and tomorrow will be first oil change, homelink mirror install and the SSM50411 audio system software update while i have it in my shop and can connect it to my wi-fi.
Cool, thats pretty good gas mileage. My Bronco Sport 2.0L gets around 23mpg here in Vegas with 91 octane.

You will love the power on such a light weight vehicle. Traction is also fantastic as the full weight of the engine is on your drive wheels. I've had my 2.0 Ecoboost Fwd since Nov.
Good to know...Thank you! Looks like I will hold out for a 2.0 FWD for sure and hope a customer doesn't pick up their order. I will be placing an order when they open back up for order taking whenever that is if I can't find one.

Ricketts

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Because that would cause a bunch of lost sales. Me for instance I want nothing to do with a hybrid vehicle. If it came Hybrid only I wouldn't of bought a Maverick, I don't want anything to do with repair prices, cost of a battery in 10-15 years, etc of a hybrid/electric vehicle. Others want the gas engine for the increased power, towing capacity that the Hybrid doesn't possess.

Last edited:
Sponsored

catinthebathtub

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
haas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 GT 350, 60 VW, 34 pickup and porsches....
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Cool, thats pretty good gas mileage. My Bronco Sport 2.0L gets around 23mpg here in Vegas with 91 octane.
i've raced sports cars professionally most of my life so know how to drive fast and work to achieve the fastest lap times. on my daily drive i enjoy trying to keep that gas mileage number up, just like trying to set the fastest lap on weekends.

sunismymed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 xl
Engine
Undecided
I don't want anything to do with repair prices, cost of a battery in 10-15 years, etc of a hybrid/electric vehicle.
While the vast majority of Hybrid and EV buyers probably believe they are "being good to the environment" - why are media, industry & government silent on the inevitable wave of toxic 'disposable' massive vehicle batteries?

kingdoms333

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln, Isuzu
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi All,
I am currently on a wait list at 3 ford dealers here in Las Vegas for a Lariat 2.0 FWD if any customer cancels their order. I had a chance to get a Limited Edition 2.0 in carbonized Grey that a customer cancelled but they had it marked up to 40K and it was a 4WD and a bit more than I would like to spend.

I was curious about anyone here that has the FWD 2.0 if they are happy with it and any dislikes they might have? If you use sport mode at all.? Most all of my driving is city and frwy so I figured the 2.0 fwd is fine and sport mode is included which I like that option to have. :cool:
I have had the xlt since mid January. Excelllent vehicle and "I" do like the 2.0 EcoBooost. Quiet, shifting is very smooth...I did not want the Hybrid as it is too new technology and Ford's first buillding of this engine. If there are going to be problems in the future regarding the drive train..it will be on the "hybrid". The only thing that I wish it has ...are softer, more plush seats. Other than that..totally ...no complaints. I am not sure that I would pay over MSRP however. If you are going to spend 3 to 5 Grand over sticker...I would go for the Ford Ranger. I did not want to spend $ 35 or so Grand for a pick up ..so the Maverick is ideal for those people thinking the same.
Sponsored