First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That’s mine, and that’s the Ford branded SnugTop. You can get it through a Ford dealer, though I think you can now also get them from Leer dealers (Leer now owns Leonard and SnugTop).

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick, XLT, Lux, 4K.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not the usual 1Up setup but here it is. I wanted to keep easy access to the bed. I keep all my luggage protected from the elements under the bed cover. I'm working on a 4 bikes setup with two additionnal fork mount racks for a lower profile option. Main reason why I went away from a hitch rack was when I carry fat bikes in the winter. I don't want to get salt all over them.
Ford Maverick 1up bike rack installed 1661800774058
Ford Maverick 1up bike rack installed 1661800755415

Ford Maverick 1up bike rack installed 1661801040027

TripleB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not the usual 1Up setup but here it is. I wanted to keep easy access to the bed. I keep all my luggage protected from the elements under the bed cover. I'm working on a 4 bikes setup with two additionnal fork mount racks for a lower profile option. Main reason why I went away from a hitch rack was when I carry fat bikes in the winter. I don't want to get salt all over them.

Give us the details of what tonneau cover and crossbars you used.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Give us the details of what tonneau cover and crossbars you used.
I started with Truxedo Elevate TS rails coupled with Truxedo Pro X15 cover.
Used the rails to mount a Rhino Rack RLT600 leg kit with 59 inches long Vortex crossbars.

you can't roll the cover the normal way under the crossbars but it can be slid underneath, undoing the velcro as you go and pretty easily roll it when it's close to the cab. Otherwise, the legs are quick release so I can remove both crossbars and racks as a whole in under 2 minutes. it can be put back on in a couple minutes as well. the legs do come with a locking barrel and keys.

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
btw, note that i get an annoying front wheel wobble on the narrower tired bikes such as my gravel 45c... putting the bike backward does help and I also put a bungee to help secure that front wheel. pretty sure it's an aerodynamic thing but kinda disappointed that such an expensive setup is not even close to perfect.

Skulls Road

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I've been researching bed rack setups for weeks and settled on the Elevate rails, Rhino Racks RLT600, and Vortex bars. Glad I found your post because damn it looks sharp. I think I'll go with Kuat Piston SR racks though. Not really a fan of 1UP. Solid, but doesn't control wobble very well and I don't like the 2 handed operation. Unfortunately I'll have to buy a new bed cover since mine is top mounted.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah the wobble is very annoying. If I had to do it all over, i would also look into other alternatives. Those Kuat do look sweet. We own a Kuat ski roof rack and it’s very well made. I did build a diy rack with Rockymounts fork mounts and 1up van racks and it doesn't have any wobble obviously but it’s still not perfect. I had to invert one screw as it was digging in the sidewall of my 5” tires on my fat bike. I also added some vinyl tubing in a few areas to eliminate the rattle from the racks when they are folded down. Small annoyances but kinda unacceptable.
Here’s the winter version.
Ford Maverick 1up bike rack installed IMG_0730
Sponsored