First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hello community, my truck with 18k miles, only urban use, differential is damaged. It needs to be replaced.

First of all, I love the truck since the first contact. Enjoyed it for 17 months. Always funny to be approached by someone on the street asking questions about the truck. I can say that I’m an enthusiast. I did some DIY projects. Anyways I really enjoyed the experience.

From this sad event, I do have to do a reflection, I owned several cars in almost 25 years. From compact VW models to Porsche. Few times I saw such poor quality in terms of plastic trimming and painting mainly.

Again I love the truck. However this poor quality of Ford is unacceptable.

Totally frustrated. The dream is over.

After repairing I will sell this truck.

It was a pleasure to interact with you guys. All the best for every Maverick owner.
Sponsored

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
Sorry to hear you are going through this. It really sucks that a newer vehicle has issues like this.

Is this covered under warranty at least? I'm not familiar with Fords warranty coverage in Brazil.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How was it determined the diff was at fault ? Sounds unfun-

OP
OP
MavRio

MavRio

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sorry to hear you are going through this. It really sucks that a newer vehicle has issues like this.

Is this covered under warranty at least? I'm not familiar with Fords warranty coverage in Brazil.
Yes, covered by warranty. Ford offers 3 years warranty.

OP
OP
MavRio

MavRio

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How was it determined the diff was at fault ? Sounds unfun-
The symptoms are noises when you are curving in low speed. Also when you just move the vehicle forward from inertia. Based on this, the dealer tested, disassembled and determined the diagnostic. Now I am waiting for the parts to be shipped.

Sponsored

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The symptoms are noises when you are curving in low speed. Also when you just move the vehicle forward from inertia. Based on this, the dealer tested, disassembled and determined the diagnostic. Now I am waiting for the parts to be shipped.
Wondering what the diff fluid looked like...

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sorry to hear this. Love cyber orange - you rarely see them. I get the lack of trust. I once had a Toyota go bad on me and had a horrible dealership service experience. My brain told me Toyotas were high quality. My emotions said the opposite and I haven't set foot in a Toyota dealership in 30 years.

A bad experience can poison a buyer against a brand for a lifetime. And that is one reason why the Ford CEO is fighting to improve quality at Ford.

OP
OP
MavRio

MavRio

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sorry to hear this. Love cyber orange - you rarely see them. I get the lack of trust. I once had a Toyota go bad on me and had a horrible dealership service experience. My brain told me Toyotas were high quality. My emotions said the opposite and I haven't set foot in a Toyota dealership in 30 years.

A bad experience can poison a buyer against a brand for a lifetime. And that is one reason why the Ford CEO is fighting to improve quality at Ford.
Exactly!

Jah.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jah.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick xlt fx4 , Honda 700 ctx mc
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
2004 F150 had differential lockup into positraction after 200 miles . Wrong fluid in rearend that dealer was suppose to replace prior to sale ( not done ) . never fixed right .always had a whine . could never shim it right imo . ford refused to take to differential shop . Ford payed for replacement/ repaired 3 times at dealership . never right . told noise was normal . I have worked on cars , motorcycles , F4 fighter jets ( Navy ) and helicopters ( Navy ) for over 50 years . A whine in differential may not be fatal in short term but eventually it will require replacement/repair . Also whine is annoying when you know it's not right . Dealership went out of business . Don't have much faith in any dealership these days . take my maverick to dealership for oil change ( fordpass points ) and can't even do that right ( missing bolt on skid plate ) . And of course they don't have in stock to replace ( next oil change ) . I replaced with bolt that fit from left over of mine own . I like my maverick but the least interactions with dealship is desirable .

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sounds like an over reaction but hey its your choice. There is nothing like a maverick now so what will you get? Maybe the Santa Cruz but long term reliability in Hyundai is a big no thanks as I think there junk.

Sponsored

Waterick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mav Lariat, '14 Prius, '83 'Stang, more...
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sounds like an over reaction but hey its your choice. There is nothing like a maverick now so what will you get? Maybe the Santa Cruz but long term reliability in Hyundai is a big no thanks as I think there junk.
I do not know what's available in the Brazilian market, but I bet there are more alternatives than just the Santa Cruz.

CajunMick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Heman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is your truck AWD, and if so, front or rear differential?
Curious. Any unusual incident, like high water or dusty roads?

gp1200x

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500,C8-Z51, 2023 Lariat Lux 4K Co360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
2004 F150 had differential lockup into positraction after 200 miles . Wrong fluid in rearend that dealer was suppose to replace prior to sale ( not done ) . never fixed right .always had a whine . could never shim it right imo . ford refused to take to differential shop . Ford payed for replacement/ repaired 3 times at dealership . never right . told noise was normal . I have worked on cars , motorcycles , F4 fighter jets ( Navy ) and helicopters ( Navy ) for over 50 years . A whine in differential may not be fatal in short term but eventually it will require replacement/repair . Also whine is annoying when you know it's not right . Dealership went out of business . Don't have much faith in any dealership these days . take my maverick to dealership for oil change ( fordpass points ) and can't even do that right ( missing bolt on skid plate ) . And of course they don't have in stock to replace ( next oil change ) . I replaced with bolt that fit from left over of mine own . I like my maverick but the least interactions with dealship is desirable .
I won't take my vehicles in for any fluid changes I can do and I am in my late 60s. I don't trust a dealership to do it correctly or screw up something else. Nowadays mechanics have little training and know very little about the vehicles they are working on. They could care less about your car. The only dealer I was ever impressed with was a Lexus dealer in NJ. I had a tranny leak on an older RX and warranty had been off for years. They put it on a lift and used a blacklight to see where the fluid was coming from. It was hard to find since it was a small hairline crack in the tranny case for the reverse channel. Service manager and mechanic told me it would be a 5-7K repair but said I should first try to seal it myself when cold since it was a pressure leak when running. They were not allowed to make those kind of repairs in the shop. No charge for their hour+ long work and my epoxy repair worked after the second attempt. They saved me at least 5K if not more. Hard to find honest people nowadays that won't try to soak you for as much as they can.

Derwood

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Derwood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick and Kia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I do not know what's available in the Brazilian market, but I bet there are more alternatives than just the Santa Cruz.
S America has the Dodge compact pickup. Tiny engine though.
Sponsored