First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Riiiight. This makes perfect sense for fords cheapest mass produced entry-level vehicle.
Farley needs to crack down even more on these abusive dealerships. These aren’t markups these are inexcusable and deceptive tactics. Does nothing but give a bad image to Ford, piss off us consumers and expose a crooked dealership.

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It's pretty sad to see these crazy markups. Jim Farley certainly should address it I agree.

Sponsored

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Good for that dealership. Make as much money as the market will allow. They aren't forcing anyone to pay for that vehicle. Not a single person.

As soon as the market is back to normal and they can't do this kind of stuff they will come back to being competitive and nobody will remember this event.

If you are against ADM's, you also shouldn't sell your used car for the inflated values out there right now.

spuds_mackenzie

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Hot pepper red
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good for that dealership. Make as much money as the market will allow. They aren't forcing anyone to pay for that vehicle. Not a single person.

As soon as the market is back to normal and they can't do this kind of stuff they will come back to being competitive and nobody will remember this event.

If you are against ADM's, you also shouldn't sell your used car for the inflated values out there right now.
Yeah mark ups suck but lets be honest. If I could sell my Mav for that much it would have been gone yesterday. It's well in their right to do so and they wouldn't do it if some smuck wasn't gonna buy it.

Mavman123

First Name
Joe Shmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Maverick XLT

The difference is that a car dealer is the ONLY place a consumer can purchase a brand new car. They have a Monopoly on new car sales due to years of lobbying the govt. For it to be priced anything other than MSRP is absolutely BS and unfair to the consumers.

I have no problem with a customer buying a maverick and turning around and trying to flip it for profit because the consumers already had a chance at it at MSRP. I like to use the following example:

Over the last year the new Xbox and playstation have been sold out nearly everywhere. As soon as it gets a restock on Walmart, they are gone again in minutes. Now Microsoft set a price of $500... If the only places in the world you could buy one is Walmart or Amazon, and they crank the price up to $900, wouldn't that be unfair? Microsoft wanted to sell it at $500 after all, but you can't buy direct from Microsoft. All bets are all for what you would pay for one on eBay, but if you caught the restocks you would have paid MSRP and not a penny more. Cars should be the same way but the dealer system screwed it all up

MrEd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Rav 4
If I spent $51k on a truck that doesn't even have a damn light in the visor I'd drive it through their window
I've got a Rapid Red First Edition Hybrid with Luxe Pkg and 360 and a tailgate lock. I'll let it go for $51K...sliding rear window, moonroof, 18's, black wheels, tonneau cover, heated seats, heated steering wheel, and reflective MAVERICK tailgate letters.
Sponsored