First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy S10
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Now that the truck has been revealed at all angles, who is ready to take this truck "up" a notch when they receive it? From where I'm sitting, the truck looks like the axle line is below the body line and with that means you can more easily stuff larger tires with just a bit more clearance....

Now, I'm no engineer but I don't think another inch would hurt anybody in the next 3yr/36kmi, so I bet the additional lift of a 1 inch spacer above the coils would allow you to clear 30s, maybe 31s if you try harder... And undoubtedly make the truck look more rugged in the wild.

Have these thoughts crossed anyone else's minds?
Sponsored

Reactions: JJC
OP
OP
ZipperKid

ZipperKid

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy S10
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here we go.
I've Got a rig with 33's and you Know Im gonna find how far you would need to go to fit them. Realistically though, I'm sure there's a limit for the fwd platform, but darn it we need the answer!

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
no, just no.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ZipperKid

ZipperKid

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy S10
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Last edited:

808Rider

First Name
Gee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
I've lifted my previous 2011 Tacoma. As popular as that truck is for off-roading and with the myriad of aftermarket suspension parts for it, you'd think a moderate lift 2" would be no problem. Wrong. The bearings in the front transaxles were at such an angle to cause premature wear and a constant grinding noise. I had to replace the bearings with an aftermarket modified bearing. Then the constant realignment adjustments and irregular wear pattern on tires. At $300+/tire, and the frequent time and visits to the alignment shop, I finally got very frustrated with it. Then had to bring back to stock for resale. Oh and then there was the ABS system that would kick in on mild turns because the yaw rate was different from stock.

So unless you're willing to have potential issues, wasted time for shop visits, extra money, especially for a new model, I'd say NO!

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
The FX4 Comes with 29”. So I would imagine 30” would fit w/o any lift

Trying to lift a unibody, independent suspension truck might be tricky and expensive tho

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota
Probably wouldn’t lift right away. FX4 and it’s tire package would provide enough clearance for my needs out of the box. Curious to see what aftermarket does in that regards. If I were to lift for some reason, it would be 1” or slightly less.

Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
The real question is can it be lowered? 8.3” of ground clearance is too much for me. Drop it by 2”+ and it will be SICK!

HarrisonFordMaverick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
I really hope the aftermarket embraces this as an off-road/softroad platform. I’d be coming from a 1 1/2” lifted Subaru Outback on 29” tires. I personally don’t think I’d lift the Maverick unless it was a true SUSPENSION lift, not a spacer lift, that Rough Country (which is terrible btw just check the Bronco Sport forums) and the like sell. Those can lead to harsh ride, and bad cv axle angles if not done right. If someone offers an extended spring/dampener combo and a subframe drop to correct the driveline angles then I’d bite.

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How did you like the lift in the Subaru? What was in the kit?

HarrisonFordMaverick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
How did you like the lift in the Subaru? What was in the kit?
1” inch ADF spacer lift with half inch overload springs from rallitek. Built a 2” rear subframe drop to accommodate the 2” taller tires and the 1.5” lift. I only did the 1” part of the lift because I got I second hand for $40. It’s nice to have the extra clearance, but it transfers way too much road vibration into the cabin.