First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wow. Imagine the call volume this morning at the dealerships.
Yeah… ill be calling my dealer to assure that my order is okay or not. 🤞
Sponsored

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wonder if my order will go through, really hope so. ordered like a week ago. Already got a confirmation email from Ford.

edit- ford website still allows you to build/create order online. 🤷‍♀️
Your order is probably good as you placed it before the news came out.

As for the ford website still allowing you to build/create an order online realize that you can still build a Hybrid Maverick online but no dealer will be able to accept and order a Hybrid Maverick.

I expect the same happening for the EcoBoost.

Portcqb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wonder if my order will go through, really hope so. ordered like a week ago. Already got a confirmation email from Ford.

edit- ford website still allows you to build/create order online. 🤷‍♀️
Build and price site is useless as far as seeing what is or isn't available. It still allows you to spec out a first edition hybrid both of which have been done for months.

Sponsored

Sleepyalero

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Your order is probably good as you placed it before the news came out.

As for the ford website still allowing you to build/create an order online realize that you can still build a Hybrid Maverick online but no dealer will be able to accept and order a Hybrid Maverick.

I expect the same happening for the EcoBoost.
Figured they would atleast make a bulletin on the website but 🤷🏼‍♀️

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

You and I think alike. I haven't boughten a brand new car in 28 years. Mav has a build date. Will prolly NEVER buy brand new again. Vehicles are built too well and depreciate too quickly. 20K or less is my mantra.

xSWMIx

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know it's trendy and commonplace to bash dealers and Ford here. But I wish people would stop to think of the supply chain situation the world is in right now and think about all the people affected.

Ford workers will be laid off/furloughed/not hired while there is a shortage of parts.
Parts suppliers will do the same.
Shippers/logistics/truckers will have fewer loads.
Car dealerships lay off salespeople and support staff.
I am just touching on a few sectors pertinent to the topic, let alone all the others affected.

This is horrible. It's worldwide. And it never had to happen. Just a shame. Good luck to all those impacted because it's hit me at my place of employment as well.
My wife works for a manufacturer that supplies Ford. They're shipping out parts like crazy and are trying desperately to find people to hire.

Sponsored

Unlikely_Username

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
I'm really considering checking out Carvana/Carmax/etc. prices once I get my Maverick. If I can stand to profit a solid chunk of change, I might just take the profit and put in another order for a 2023 MY. I've already waited this long...

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My wife works for a manufacturer that supplies Ford. They're shipping out parts like crazy and are trying desperately to find people to hire.
I don't doubt that at all. Anecdotal stories like this are prevalent. But the empty store shelves, the inability to deliver products in virtually all sectors and the lack of vehicles in auto dealers lots demonstrate the supply chain shortage affects everyone.

xSWMIx

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't doubt that at all. Anecdotal stories like this are prevalent. But the empty store shelves, the inability to deliver products in virtually all sectors and the lack of vehicles in auto dealers lots demonstrate the supply chain shortage affects everyone.
I mean, to be fair, most of what we're going on is anecdote. The store shelves around me are decidedly not empty. Yes, there's a supply chain issue that's slowing some things down. People have a ton of money and there's not enough product to go around to satisfy every American's urgent need to have stuff immediately. Myself included. But manufacturers are going at breakneck pace to alleviate that, unemployment at 3.9%. Not exactly a doom-and-gloom scenario and almost certainly not something that "never had to happen". It's the economy. It happens.
Sponsored