Sponsored

MikeInFla

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2016 VW Passat, 2017 VW Beetle
I 1000% agree. From what I learned regarding RVOP, when you go to order, the salesperson should have provided you with a order document of sorts. This shows your options and how much it would be in total. You sign this document. There is also a second similar looking document (frustrating that these two documents are from different systems) that the manager or salesperson signs at the bottom that shows your taxes, doc fee, etc. which is from the WEBDO system. Then salesperson will then ask you for your driver's license and makes a copy of your DL and these two documents. THEN all of these documents gets submitted to RVOP.

There is a video that explains this process better then I can lol:

From what I heard, if your dealership did not give you a document or both to sign, then there is a high likelihood that your order will not go through RVOP, therefore, no build date. There are so many hoops to jump through. Just to get a confirmation email that has little validity to it depending on the steps your dealership took. Some dealerships are not even aware of this process, which goes to show the complexity behind it. I just hope since my dealership did everything mentioned above and I got the email quickly, that I'm squared away!
I guess that makes sense. She brought over 2 documents for me to sign and took my DL. I signed both (one of which had the estimated price) and then a form with the "order code". Once I signed all of this she walked away from the desk, I assume to "turn it in". When she got back to the desk she said "You should get a confirmation e-mail from Ford that looks like this" and she showed me an e-mail of what I should look for. While I was still sitting there my e-mail came in. I too know nothing of the WEBDO and RVOP things but I assume I am good to go. She did say it would take 6-8 months but that I would get e-mails throughout the process once things start. So I am keeping my fingers crossed. My luck is usually pretty bad so it wouldn't surprise me if something fell thru the cracks.

Mike
Sponsored

BoricuaBeautyx

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tatiana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I guess that makes sense. She brought over 2 documents for me to sign and took my DL. I signed both (one of which had the estimated price) and then a form with the "order code". Once I signed all of this she walked away from the desk, I assume to "turn it in". When she got back to the desk she said "You should get a confirmation e-mail from Ford that looks like this" and she showed me an e-mail of what I should look for. While I was still sitting there my e-mail came in. I too know nothing of the WEBDO and RVOP things but I assume I am good to go. She did say it would take 6-8 months but that I would get e-mails throughout the process once things start. So I am keeping my fingers crossed. My luck is usually pretty bad so it wouldn't surprise me if something fell thru the cracks.

Mike
I just learned about WEBDO and RVOP from the video and I heard about RVOP previously. So I'm still not 100 percent certain if I explained it accurately, but that's how it was explained to me. Wow 6 to 8 months? That's wild! I've heard it could be up to 6 months, but not much more than that. Maybe it's because of the limited supply? Or the high amount of orders? But I still know people who ordered it in the beginning of January and they already have their in production. Maybe it's because of constraints? I know that the FX4 and 4k towing and AWD is in high demand, but I'm not sure if those are considered constraints at the moment. I wish you the best on your Mav!

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, I have the docs, they did take my license, I made a deposit, and I got the Order Confirmation from Ford. All seems good. But with such a long wait and no further communication from anyone, one begins to fear the worst. I feel like I'm "Waiting for Godot."

MikeInFla

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just learned about WEBDO and RVOP from the video and I heard about RVOP previously. So I'm still not 100 percent certain if I explained it accurately, but that's how it was explained to me. Wow 6 to 8 months? That's wild! I've heard it could be up to 6 months, but not much more than that. Maybe it's because of the limited supply? Or the high amount of orders? But I still know people who ordered it in the beginning of January and they already have their in production. Maybe it's because of constraints? I know that the FX4 and 4k towing and AWD is in high demand, but I'm not sure if those are considered constraints at the moment. I wish you the best on your Mav!
Yeah, mine is pretty basic. XLT, 2.0 Ecoboost Front Wheel Drive and I decided not to get the spray in bed liner in hopes of speeding things up. Nothing fancy on the options other than a full size spare, Tonneau hard cover and swing tool box. Opted for the bed tray liner but if I don't like it I can always get a spray in bed liner later on....

To be safe I did confirm with the dealer today that my order was in and she said it was. I questioned why there was a VIN # on my order sheet and she just said they have to use a "dummy" VIN to process the order and I will get the actual number when it goes into production. And I am glad they were honest and told me 6 months.... So in real time maybe by the end of August? ;)

MikeInFla

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, I have the docs, they did take my license, I made a deposit, and I got the Order Confirmation from Ford. All seems good. But with such a long wait and no further communication from anyone, one begins to fear the worst. I feel like I'm "Waiting for Godot."
I assume if you have those 2 documents you should be good to go. You'll get an email when it is scheduled for production... Which is what a lot of us are waiting on... That second e-mail. I think once we get that we are "in the clear" and then play the waiting game until the vehicle arrives.

My dealer told me once it is in production is is pretty quick and then will be shipped to Atlanta by train. Then trucked to my area and they want to keep it for 24 hours to make sure everything works. They said that in addition to the emails they will call me when it is on the lot and they offer window tinting there, which I assume might slow it down for another day but once I get pricing on the tinting I may end up going to the place who did our other cars because he can be done in a couple of hours and does a good job.

Sponsored

BoricuaBeautyx

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tatiana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah, mine is pretty basic. XLT, 2.0 Ecoboost Front Wheel Drive and I decided not to get the spray in bed liner in hopes of speeding things up. Nothing fancy on the options other than a full size spare, Tonneau hard cover and swing tool box. Opted for the bed tray liner but if I don't like it I can always get a spray in bed liner later on....

To be safe I did confirm with the dealer today that my order was in and she said it was. I questioned why there was a VIN # on my order sheet and she just said they have to use a "dummy" VIN to process the order and I will get the actual number when it goes into production. And I am glad they were honest and told me 6 months.... So in real time maybe by the end of August? ;)
I assume if you have those 2 documents you should be good to go. You'll get an email when it is scheduled for production... Which is what a lot of us are waiting on... That second e-mail. I think once we get that we are "in the clear" and then play the waiting game until the vehicle arrives.

My dealer told me once it is in production is is pretty quick and then will be shipped to Atlanta by train. Then trucked to my area and they want to keep it for 24 hours to make sure everything works. They said that in addition to the emails they will call me when it is on the lot and they offer window tinting there, which I assume might slow it down for another day but once I get pricing on the tinting I may end up going to the place who did our other cars because he can be done in a couple of hours and does a good job.
I agree, the second email is the one that puts a product to the name. I doubt that Ford wouldn't build those last minute Mavericks. If ordered just in time. The only way for Ford to NOT build those Mavericks are if our dealerships don't submit the RVOP in time towards the end of today. Then we're screwed lol

tomahawk72

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It is now 10pm EST. So new 2.0L orders are now done for the 2022 MY.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well now that the ordering party for 2022 is over, let's NOT swamp the Granger staff about our orders. They still have a business to run. The die is now cast, these will all get built. That's why Ford shut it down on the 27th. They know how many the factory is capable of building, and stopped orders when it reached that number. In my lifetime this will be the 3rd vehicle I special ordered. In 1994 I ordered a Silverado pickup , and it took 22 weeks to get, and in 2007 I ordered a mustang GT and it took 18 weeks to get. I suspect this will be similar to the other 2. Both vehicles of which I still have by the way. I look at it this way, it will be exciting when I get the email that its been built. Just like the last 2 vehicles. I just check my email traffic daily for when the winning ticket pops up.

BoricuaBeautyx

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tatiana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well now that the ordering party for 2022 is over, let's NOT swamp the Granger staff about our orders. They still have a business to run. The die is now cast, these will all get built. That's why Ford shut it down on the 27th. They know how many the factory is capable of building, and stopped orders when it reached that number. In my lifetime this will be the 3rd vehicle I special ordered. In 1994 I ordered a Silverado pickup , and it took 22 weeks to get, and in 2007 I ordered a mustang GT and it took 18 weeks to get. I suspect this will be similar to the other 2. Both vehicles of which I still have by the way. I look at it this way, it will be exciting when I get the email that its been built. Just like the last 2 vehicles. I just check my email traffic daily for when the winning ticket pops up.
I think a lot of people are just afraid that their documents were not uploaded to the RVOP on time, which would cause the order to not be built. But I wholeheartedly agree with you. Since I just placed my order, I have no real reason to contact my dealership, nor do I plan to for a bit. For me, my dealership has delivered many Mavericks and Broncos in the last few months, so I'm confident they know what they're doing. I'm really excited for my Mav! This will be my first new vehicle and it will replace my 2011 Mitsubishi Galant. I wish you a quick built date!

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If your info was put thru docusign, and you got a copy of your vehicle order with your signature and drivers licence on it , then you should be good to go. Maybe Zach can verify all this to put peoples fears to rest. I have a copy of mine w my drivers licence on it and my docusign signature on it. And a copy of my deposit left. I believe that's all that's required.

Sponsored

BoricuaBeautyx

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tatiana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If your info was put thru docusign, and you got a copy of your vehicle order with your signature and drivers licence on it , then you should be good to go. Maybe Zach can verify all this to put peoples fears to rest. I have a copy of mine w my drivers licence on it and my docusign signature on it. And a copy of my deposit left. I believe that's all that's required.
I received a copy of my order with my signature and the other document that is similar, but it includes an estimate with taxes and doc fee, etc. which has the salesperson signature on it. He did make a copy my driver's license attached to these documents, but I didn't receive the copy that had my driver's license. I did get a copy of these documents in return, just not with my driver's license. He stayed with that. Which I think that's what matters lol

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I received a copy of my order with my signature and the other document that is similar, but it includes an estimate with taxes and doc fee, etc. which has the salesperson signature on it. He did make a copy my driver's license attached to these documents, but I didn't receive the copy that had my driver's license. I did get a copy of these documents in return, just not with my driver's license. He stayed with that. Which I think that's what matters lol
I'm sure Grangers sales staff put these all in the right way.

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford needs to: 1) Simplify the ordering system 2) Use the people from Granger and the other top dealers to train other dealers how to do things properly. They also ought to bring in people from those top dealers to advise them how to improve the system. So often company heads fail to seek advice from those who "work in the trenches" thinking they are too smart to need that. Clearly if the build to order mode is the future, big improvements are needed.

BoricuaBeautyx

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tatiana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm sure Grangers sales staff put these all in the right way.
Oh, I'm not sure about Grangers. I ordered in Alabama. So I was referring to dealerships in general.
Sponsored