Sponsored

gchmav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0 AWD Lariat Lux (times 2!)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I took a break from unpacking and read a bunch of posts on here from those unfortunates still waiting (and some getting very unhappy about it), then went and looked at both of ours and wondered what we did right. Drove down the hill to get some lunch, and just as I was getting back home my neighbor drove by in her XLT Hybrid...

They really are everywhere now. We just moved from Michigan to Washington and I expected to see fewer of them, but that just isn't the case. True, you don't see many XL Hybrids, but you don't see many base model anything much...

So what did I do today? Appreciated that we have ours, and hoped that all the rest of the orders get them soon.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
20230506_134212.jpg
20230506_134225.jpg
20230506_122402.jpg
20230506_123514.jpg
20230506_123521.jpg

I went out to Mt Saint Helens since they recently opened up the gates due to the snowlevel, got a couple nice pictures while I was out there. Hiked about a mile or so but decided to turn around due to how much snow was on the trailhead. Crazy to see how high of snow levels there still was
That's a beautiful Maverick, Derick. So glad you're enjoying it!

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I made a new keychain to go with my blue and orange color scheme.

Ford Maverick πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ What did you do TO / WITH your Maverick today? IMG_2897

Ford Maverick πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ What did you do TO / WITH your Maverick today? IMG_2811

marp

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura, Honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I installed the Lund hood deflector and nearly had a heart attack seeing that the surface prep discolored the paint. Fortunately, it came off with Everclear after trying everything else. :)
I came in here searching for this answer. I'm livid pissed the "surface prep" pad that came with the Lund hood deflector made a mess of the paint.

I don't have Everclear in the cabinet (I'm more of a whiskey guy) lol. Any ideas of what else I could use to remove the "surface prep" without damaging the paint?

EDIT: I was able to take off the errant prep using 70% isopropyl alcohol and a cotton cloth. whew

Last edited:

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I came in here searching for this answer. I'm livid pissed the "surface prep" pad that came with the Lund hood deflector made a mess of the paint.

I don't have Everclear in the cabinet (I'm more of a whiskey guy) lol. Any ideas of what else I could use to remove the "surface prep" without damaging the paint?
IPA.....not the beer.

Isopropyl alcohol. Try 70%, then move to 90% if needed.

Sponsored

marp

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura, Honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
IPA.....not the beer.

Isopropyl alcohol. Try 70%, then move to 90% if needed.
Instructions unclear. Drank beer. Feeling calmer now. ;)

In all seriousness, the surface prep did come off with 70% isopropyl alcohol. Thank goodness.

JP4AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hybrid MAV, 04 Dakota 4x4, 02 Lexus, 03 V-Rod +
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

ohhhh, nice truck!

I just ordered that same bug deflector with the raised center part. Do you like it? Any issues?

Thanks
Were you able to find that bug deflector with raised center part? Please provide a link to it.
I am looking for the same and cannot find it (I heard that they were discontinued)

Ford Maverick πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ What did you do TO / WITH your Maverick today? A2

HybridOnOrder

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Going to be: Maverick XLT, Lux PKG, Moonroof, 360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Were you able to find that bug deflector with raised center part? Please provide a link to it.
I am looking for the same and cannot find it (I heard that they were discontinued)
Hi,

Most unfortunately, no.

The guys at the dealer were super nice and ordered two of them, not sure which one might have that bump in the middle. One was shiny and stood up taller, more away from the hood. And the other one came in at the same time and it was matte, but it adheres flat to the hood. I took the matte one. I think the shiny one might hypothetically protect the windshield from rocks more, but it also seemed like crap could get caught/stuck in between it and the hood.
Plus, not such a fan of shiny plastic.

Ford Maverick πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ What did you do TO / WITH your Maverick today? 1684619695236

JBnorthTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2013 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs