First Name
Geno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep renegade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
From what i've read, it only resets if you change the trim, not color or even powertrain.
So XL to XLT resets the clock.
XL Hybrid to XL Ecoboost does not.
Color or feature change (drop Berliner etc) does not reset.
Changing your power train will absolutely 100 percent affect your order.
Sponsored

XLTLUXRED

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid, Mini 4 door
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

jennifer1162

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick First Edition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
QUESTION for Chapman Courtesy Delivery customers, does your email say Champman OR "your" CD dealer (Planet Ford Dallas) as the delivery loction?
Thanks
I have the same question. My info in the ordering system shows Chapman in my delivery details, although I have arranged for a courtesy delivery in Virginia. Not sure whether to be concerned or not. Perhaps Tom or Tim can advise @fordvideoguy @Dealerinsider

Peps

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Volvo XC40
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I

I admire your calmness and willingness to move on, I wish I could, but the thing is, if we do nothing, say nothing, or simply move on and buy something else...Ford and the slimy dealers doing mark ups, win.

With each passing week, my desire to own a Maverick goes down a little bit more. It started a long time ago because I was one of the first to order and thought I'd be one of the first to drive one. I had different accessories and add-ons picked out, decals, other modification ideas...it was also going to be the first new vehicle I ever bought in my life. I have always dreamed of owning a vehicle during a year BEFORE the actual model year.

But...those dreams are now long gone.

The only reason I've stuck around and haven't cancelled my order...is solely out of spite. I'm not letting my dealer resell my order, and I'm paying with cash so they will make as little money as possible off me.

I don't even want the damn truck anymore.

Now...it's personal.
I agree on every single point including the f word you used before.
Every week is like maybe the next one and a year will pass before I will get this thing. This damn truck is not a collectable for a museum, it’s plain vanilla...1 year to get it ...give me a break.

DogNamedMaverick

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Varies
Changing your power train will absolutely 100 percent affect your order.
Of course it will, because they are being built at different rates. It will not change your relative standing as far as order date goes though (allocations and other things notwithstanding)

Sponsored

XLTLUXRED

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I make a point of not calling the dealer. They can't really do anything anyway. I totally get that custom orders will take months but the orders should be FIFO with MUCH better communication about what is happening and why.
My dealer sends me the updated Vehicle Visibility Report every Monday morning. It has really made it a lot easier to wait. I don't feel like I have to refresh Tracker 15 times a day hoping that it's working and that it has SOMETHING new to tell me.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm am beyond confused at Ford's scheduling process. This is my exact build, from the same exact dealer but ordered over a month after mine and I am still somehow unscheduled.
It does really screw with the mind at how this happens!
I don't think you realize how big of a deal it is that me, you, and lots of others that ordered in June and July are getting rolled over to 2023. It's a HUGE deal and HUGE problem. There should be articles about it from major news sources. I ordered before 99.9% of the country ordered and won't even get one. You ordered before 98% of the country ordered and won't get one. Lots of others are in the same boat.

There are people that ordered in January that got scheduled a week or even ONE DAY later, but us June and July orders not only aren't getting scheduled...we are told to wait until the NEXT model year.

It's a HUGE fucking deal.

But the fact that it hasn't happened yet at a major dealership...no one gives a fuck.
I've read this type of stuff a few other times and it's been mostly confined to folks who say they ordered from a small dealership. I didn't really pay mention mind to it because I figured that dealerships/salesperson aren't always very reliable in the information they give because a) they don't really know, b) they do know, but don't want to upset a potential customer, c) they know something and hope that customer will back out of the order so the dealership can keep the order for markup, (pick an answer that suits your needs) for myself I just figured that the dealership/salesperson was just giving the extreme case scenario. I say that because Ford has closed the ordering on both models. They have publicly committed to not producing any "stock" orders (at least for the hybrid models) until all retail orders have been built and thus far I haven't heard of any stock hybrids being sold at dealerships.
Now with all that in mind, will Ford roll some orders into MY23? I think that is a very likely scenario, given that their current method of allocating Mavericks to dealership is the model of the term "SNAFU"! Ford hasn't taken any steps (none that I'm aware of) to address how build dates are doled out to the various dealership. Perception, is that larger dealerships are getting more allocations than smaller dealerships. Being that there's over 4k (?) members on MTC I think we have a good idea of what's happening out there as far where allocations are going. Yes, Jim Farley has stated “All we can do at this point is scale as fast as we can and break the constraints and communicate to (buyers) what’s realistic.”
When that "Communicate to (buyers) what's realistic" will happen is anybody's guess. Perhaps this communications has already begun to these smaller rural dealerships and that where the "your order is going to be rolled in MY23" has started. Ford knows there's a lot of people that are extremely unhappy with how the allocation system has been dishing out build dates. As one MTC member stated that since the ordering is closed along with Ford stating that everyone's Maverick that was ordered will get built, then why continue with the dealership allocations, why not start building by oldest order date and work forward? Ford has a huge media relations department @Ford Motor Company and they monitor the various Maverick forums, so one would hope they would pass up the chain that folks want and deserve answers! But when you're dealing with a massive company like Ford, the complaining that is being done here and on other forums doesn't appear to be reaching the top level management. I liken to trying to poke Godzilla with pen knife in order to stop him from stomping on your house! So for those who have left Ford in discuss because they haven't received their Maverick yet, Ford hasn't even acknowledged your leaving. Because even with as crappy as the system is for many of us the Maverick is exactly what we want and couple that with no real competition they have the market corned for now. I'm very certain that if any of the other car manufactures had something similar to offer there would probably be me and 20 others on this forum at this point. I've only owned two brands of vehicles, Ford and Jeep. This whole process has really tested my patience with Ford's customer service, and I say customer service because we have been kept in the dark as to why there was nothing said about allocation system when we first ordered, nor explained how the system works now that we know about it. I've made a complaint to the Ford's media group and I was passed on to Fords New Vehicle Market Team and was told they would contact me to gather more information concerning my order. That was 3 weeks ago and I've still not heard from them, I guess they also follow upper management lead of not commenting on anything. I've been in contact with my salesman every week since the OKTB was given to the hybrid and each week my build gets passed over. I finally dropped the SIBL for the DIBL and still I get passed over, yet have to sit watch week after week folks who order months after me getting build dates most WITH the SIBL! Sadly, I'm just a July 5th order, there are still so many out there from June who are still waiting and with each passing week they get closer and closer to the 1 year mark by the time they would actually receive their Maverick. Sure there are still about 5-6 months of build time for Ford to get everyone's Maverick built, this of course doesn't factor in supply issues during that time. So to get back to your original point (sorry for straying) yes it is a big F'ing deal if June and July orders are going to be rolled into MY23. I would say we'd be ok and that those that ordered in Dec/Jan should be more worried about that since they are the last in, but Godzilla (allocation system) just stomps wherever he wants with no rhyme or reason.
The thing that keeps me going forward is that Maverick is the truck I want so I'll wait. Next is all the wonderful and hilarious memes that show up in the Meme thread that just keep me laughing! I really have to thank @Gabbydad for starting the thread, which I'm sure has gone on longer than he expected! To @STARCOMMTREY1 for getting more Mavericks than a human should 😒😂 , @Leand60 and @mamboman777 for making me truly LOL a number of times.
So, if you can stay the course and wait for your Maverick it will be worth it, if and when it arrives. If you can't, I certainly don't fault for looking elsewhere for a vehicle, lord knows that Ford could do so much to mend the ill feelings so many of us have. So for now I will get down from my High Horse, step off my Soapbox, and go watch a few episodes of Yellowstone to see how business is really done!! ;)🤣🤣

Last edited:

XLTLUXRED

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wa notified today that my truck was built yesterday. I ordered it last July 28th, They indicate that it will be at the dealer in CT the last week of March.
What model and packages?

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There is a thread for June orders and it soon devolved into everyone chiming in that hasn't been given a build date.

Sponsored

Yar

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT Lux - VB
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
  • ⏰ Time email was received (include time zone!): 9:09am PST
  • 📅 Your scheduled build week: 4/18/22
  • 🛻 All relevant build info: Hybrid XLT, Alto Blue, rear window, trailer hitch, 360
  • 📍 Your region, if comfortable: Los Angelos, CA
  • 🗓 Your original order date: 8/27/21
  • 🕺 Dealer: Chapman
Chapman Horsham or Chapman Philly?

Pick up at Dealer or Courtesy Delivery?

Thanks!

Leand60

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It does really screw with the mind at how this happens!

I've read this type of stuff a few other times and it's been mostly confined to folks who say they ordered from a small dealership. I didn't really pay mention mind to it because I figured that dealerships/salesperson aren't always very reliable in the information they give because a) they don't really know, b) they do know, but don't want to upset a potential customer, c) they know something and hope that customer will back out of the order so the dealership can keep the order for markup, (pick an answer that suits your needs) for myself I just figured that the dealership/salesperson was just giving the extreme case scenario. I say that because Ford has closed the ordering on both models. They have publicly committed to not producing any "stock" orders (at least for the hybrid models) until all retail orders have been built and thus far I haven't heard of any stock hybrids being sold at dealerships.
Now with all that in mind, will Ford roll some orders into MY23? I think that is a very likely scenario, given that their current method of allocating Mavericks to dealership is the model of the term "SNAFU"! Ford hasn't taken any steps (none that I'm aware of) to address how build dates are doled out to the various dealership. Perception, is that larger dealerships are getting more allocations than smaller dealerships. Being that there's over 4k (?) members on MTC I think we have a good idea of what's happening out there as far where allocations are going. Yes, Jim Farley has stated “All we can do at this point is scale as fast as we can and break the constraints and communicate to (buyers) what’s realistic.”
When that "Communicate to (buyers) what's realistic" will happen is anybody's guess. Perhaps this communications has already begun to these smaller rural dealerships and that where the "your order is going to be rolled in MY23" has started. Ford knows there's a lot of people that are extremely unhappy with how the allocation system has been dishing out build dates. As one MTC member stated that since the ordering is closed along with Ford stating that everyone's Maverick that was ordered will get built, then why continue with the dealership allocations, why not start building by oldest order date and work forward? Ford has a huge media relations department @Ford Motor Company and they monitor the various Maverick forums, so one would hope they would pass up the chain that folks want and deserve answers! But when you're dealing with a massive company like Ford, the complaining that is being done here and on other forums doesn't appear to be reaching the top level management. I liken to trying to poke Godzilla with pen knife in order to stop him from stomping on your house! So for those who have left Ford in discuss because they haven't received their Maverick yet, Ford hasn't even acknowledged your leaving. Because even with as crappy as the system is for many of us the Maverick is exactly what we want and couple that with no real competition they have the market corned for now. I'm very certain that if any of the other car manufactures had something similar to offer there would probably be me and 20 others on this forum at this point. I've only owned two brands of vehicles, Ford and Jeep. This whole process has really tested my patience with Ford's customer service, and I say customer service because we have been kept in the dark as to why there was nothing said about allocation system when we first ordered, nor explained how the system works now that we know about it. I've made a complaint to the Ford's media group and I was passed on to Fords New Vehicle Market Team and was told they would contact me to gather more information concerning my order. That was 3 weeks ago and I've still not heard from them, I guess they also follow upper management lead of not commenting on anything. I've been in contact with my salesman every week since the OKTB was given to the hybrid and each week my build gets passed over. I finally dropped the SIBL for the DIBL and still I get passed over, yet have to sit watch week after week folks who order months after me getting build dates most WITH the SIBL! Sadly, I'm just a July 5th order, there are still so many out there from June who are still waiting and with each passing week they get closer and closer to the 1 year mark by the time they would actually receive their Maverick. Sure there are still about 5-6 months of build time for Ford to get everyone's Maverick built, this of course doesn't factor in supply issues during that time. So to get back to your original point (sorry for straying) yes it is a big F'ing deal if June and July orders are going to be rolled into MY23. I would say we'd be ok and that those that ordered in Dec/Jan should be more worried about that since they are the last in, but Godzilla (allocation system) just stomps wherever he wants with no rhyme or reason.
The thing that keeps me going forward is that Maverick is the truck I want so I'll wait. Next is all the wonderful and hilarious memes that show up in the Meme thread that just keep me laughing! I really have to thank @Gabbydad for starting the thread, which I'm sure has gone on longer than he expected! To @STARCOMMTREY1 for getting more Mavericks than a human should 😒😂 , @Leand60 and @mamboman777 for making me truly LOL a number of times.
So, if you can stay the course and wait for your Maverick it will a worth it, if and when it arrives. If you can't, I certainly don't fault for looking elsewhere for a vehicle, lord knows that Ford could do so much to mend the ill feelings so many of us have. So for now I will get down from my High Horse, step off my Soapbox, and go watch a few episodes of Yellowstone to see how business is really done!! ;)🤣🤣
it is worth the wait, that's why I'm waiting on #2

Farleyman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Chevelle, 66 mustang, 64 nova.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My build date was the week of feb 24, then ford changed to feb 7, havent heard a peep since that email. when i check the site it says it has not been scheduled , window sticker not even generated. I ordered it june 19 and made no changes from original order. I hope it will show up sometime this year !!

XLTLUXRED

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I never got an email. Called a Ford a couple of weeks ago. Seems I was dejected for no reason. My Mav was built January 8 and I am picking it up tomorrow.
Lucky! Enjoy! Mine was sent to plant 12/15 and "Produced" 1/3 (modules populated 1/4) and mine's on chip hold 'til mid-May.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid