First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So now the big question is, how many already had a build date and now you have a possibility of waiting again?
THIS. I was September 20th before the forced change. Then got moved to October 25th. Then November 1st. I REALLY hope this doesn't push things back again.
Sponsored

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
2.0 FWD and 4K were never offered in Canada, likely because Ford of Canada knew it wouldn't work.
Oh:

TAKE THE DEAL PEOPLE COME ON.

dbnyr1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Journey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I mean, how? Did you order something that got cancelled and were pretty much forced to upgrade and pay an extra $2200 several weeks later? Then no, I don't think you are. It's just something Ford is making right for a specific situation.
I disagree. AWD either costs $2200 or it doesn't. Shouldn't matter how, when, or why you ordered it.

Crazy

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Terrain
Squeaky Wheel Gets Greased! AWD upgrade being paid for by Ford! *fist pump*

Appearances are everything. Customers feeling a bait and switch was happening makes for unhappy peeps. I think my complaints made a difference. The following was sent to all dealerships:

INFORMATION

2022MY Maverick FWD Gas & 4K Tow Package Buildable Combination Change - Customer Specific Private Offer Details

ACTION REQUESTED
  • Please re-spec, reorder, or cancel any 22MY Maverick stock or retail orders including FWD Gas (999/448) & 4K Tow Pkg (53Q).
  • For those customers that choose to change their order from a FWD to AWD, a customer specific private offer has been created to cover the full cost of AWD (W8F) ($2,220 MSRP).
SUMMARY
Due to recent engineering and performance evaluations it has been determined to remove the FWD Gas (999/448) & 4K Towing Package (53Q) combination from the 22MY Maverick offering, across all series. As of mid-August this specific combination was removed from dealer ordering through WBDO and CONCEPS, so no new orders with this combination could be placed.

Retail and stock unit orders will need to be either cancelled, reordered as an All-Wheel Drive (W8F), or re-spec’d to delete the 4K Tow Pkg (53Q) in order to be a clean buildable order.

Change Order Options:
  1. Reorder to include AWD (W8F) ($2,220 MSRP)
  2. Re-spec to remove 4K Tow Pkg (53Q)
    • Base vehicle towing remains 2,000 lbs.
    • Vehicle may be spec’ed with Trailer Hitch Receiver w/ 4-Pin Connector (60B) ($100 MSRP)
  3. Cancel the order
MAVERICK AWD/TOW PKG CUSTOMER SATISFACTION PRIVATE OFFER (#38274)
A Private Offer has been created for customers who placed a Retail Order for a 22MY Maverick FWD Gas (999/448) & 4K Towing Package (53Q) that must be reordered as this combination is no longer available. Ford is offering $2,220 Open Bonus Cash to cover the cost difference from FWD to AWD ($2,220 MSRP) should customers choose to upgrade to the 22MY Maverick Gas AWD with the 4K Towing Package.

Eligible on 22MY Maverick Gas that are equipped with AWD (W8F) and 4Q Tow Package (53Q).
Yahoo, that is me and I was ticked off. I lost my 9/20 build date. It got pushed to 11/1 with AWD.

KenC

Banned
Banned
First Name
First
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck.
Is it true if you have AWD, you need to replace all 4 tires? I had a Chevy dealership refuse to change one bad tire stating this.

Sponsored

Crazy

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Terrain
THIS. I was September 20th before the forced change. Then got moved to October 25th. Then November 1st. I REALLY hope this doesn't push things back again.
Same thing happened to me, same dates. I’m in Central Florida. I just text my salesman, I doubt he knows anything.

Carl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
I tried placing a order for the front wheel drive and 4K towing package and my dealership wouldn’t allow it. I was told I needed the all wheel drive version. I declined because of the extra cost. So now if I would have insisted on going the way I originally wanted to the all wheel drive would have been free. That sucks.

Pringles70

First Name
Kat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fiesta
Excuse me if this is a stupid question, I am sick at the mement.
I ordered my lariat luxury with AWD andFx4 package but not 4 K tow, so this does not apply to me, correct?

AngeloInSC

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is infuriating to those of us that KNEW upfront that configuration would not work and bit the bullet and ordered the AWD option up front. If we all don't get the credit for it, this will be a real PR nightmare for Ford. Maybe because they have more orders than they can fill, they won't give a shit if we are pissed, but this would not be a good decision on their part. We all need to make sure they know this is a HUGE mistake if this is how it pans out.

Sponsored

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How about a rebate for those that order BOTH 4KTOW/FX4 packages ? They have duplicate features and it seems we are being double dinged - At least add a lower priced package that contains both ?

Last edited:

tcw8848

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I tried placing a order for the front wheel drive and 4K towing package and my dealership wouldn’t allow it. I was told I needed the all wheel drive version. I declined because of the extra cost. So now if I would have insisted on going the way I originally wanted to the all wheel drive would have been free. That sucks.
Depends on if you tried before they said they were going to discontinue that specific build. This probably effects a small number of June and July orders that were originally FWD with 4K package.

tcw8848

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is infuriating to those of us that KNEW upfront that configuration would not work and bit the bullet and ordered the AWD option up front. If we all don't get the credit for it, this will be a real PR nightmare for Ford. Maybe because they have more orders than they can fill, they won't give a shit if we are pissed, but this would not be a good decision on their part. We all need to make sure they know this is a HUGE mistake if this is how it pans out.
I mean. If you’re claiming your mechanical knowledge warrants a bonus, meh, I’m not sure. I really think this is just a small sorry for those who were forced to upgrade suddenly after the fact. I get that it sucks everyone can’t get some free money, but no one is being screwed here.

OP
OP
coolhip33

coolhip33

First Name
Colleen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick FWD w/tow pkg
I disagree. AWD either costs $2200 or it doesn't. Shouldn't matter how, when, or why you ordered it.
Actually - when we did the build on Ford's website it stated the AWD option was list at $3,000. We went went with FWD and 4k tow. We placed the order. It only said "late availability". Even after the memo came out about this combo being no longer available I was assured on 8/27/21 by my dealership, Ford customer service and the marketing dept that the truck would be built as ordered. On 9/10/21 we were advised a hold was placed. We had to buy AWD. They basically are honoring the original price of our order. They made a mistake and are providing compensation for that error.

AUsomTiger

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1, 2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost