Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Eligible on 22MY Maverick Gas that are equipped with AWD (W8F) and 4Q Tow Package (53Q).
Are you suggesting orders originally placed with AWD and 4K tow are also eligible for this offer? Confused. 🤔

Mainer500

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 STX, 2016 Ford Fiesta SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Squeaky Wheel Gets Greased! AWD upgrade being paid for by Ford! *fist pump*

Appearances are everything. Bait and switch does not look good. I think my complaints made a difference. The following was sent to all dealerships:

INFORMATION

2022MY Maverick FWD Gas & 4K Tow Package Buildable Combination Change - Customer Specific Private Offer Details

ACTION REQUESTED
  • Please re-spec, reorder, or cancel any 22MY Maverick stock or retail orders including FWD Gas (999/448) & 4K Tow Pkg (53Q).
  • For those customers that choose to change their order from a FWD to AWD, a customer specific private offer has been created to cover the full cost of AWD (W8F) ($2,220 MSRP).
SUMMARY
Due to recent engineering and performance evaluations it has been determined to remove the FWD Gas (999/448) & 4K Towing Package (53Q) combination from the 22MY Maverick offering, across all series. As of mid-August this specific combination was removed from dealer ordering through WBDO and CONCEPS, so no new orders with this combination could be placed.

Retail and stock unit orders will need to be either cancelled, reordered as an All-Wheel Drive (W8F), or re-spec’d to delete the 4K Tow Pkg (53Q) in order to be a clean buildable order.

Change Order Options:
  1. Reorder to include AWD (W8F) ($2,220 MSRP)
  2. Re-spec to remove 4K Tow Pkg (53Q)
    • Base vehicle towing remains 2,000 lbs.
    • Vehicle may be spec’ed with Trailer Hitch Receiver w/ 4-Pin Connector (60B) ($100 MSRP)
  3. Cancel the order
MAVERICK AWD/TOW PKG CUSTOMER SATISFACTION PRIVATE OFFER (#38274)
A Private Offer has been created for customers who placed a Retail Order for a 22MY Maverick FWD Gas (999/448) & 4K Towing Package (53Q) that must be reordered as this combination is no longer available. Ford is offering $2,220 Open Bonus Cash to cover the cost difference from FWD to AWD ($2,220 MSRP) should customers choose to upgrade to the 22MY Maverick Gas AWD with the 4K Towing Package.

Eligible on 22MY Maverick Gas that are equipped with AWD (W8F) and 4Q Tow Package (53Q).
You know over 2K savings that's a lot of money for future gas purchases. I ordered (for my Wife) the AWD to begin with but if I had ordered this and they GAVE me a FREE 2k dollar freebie, I'd rush out and buy their stock because that's actually GREAT customer service. Good luck to you all who have to make that choice, but it's basically 2K towards your gas:)

OP
OP
coolhip33

coolhip33

First Name
Colleen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick FWD w/tow pkg
Cool. I had originally placed an order with that configuration but had them change it the day we heard it was going to needed to be AWD. Hoping they honor this offer since I changed my order before the offer came out.
That is exactly what this is offer is for. People that ordered the FWD and 4k tow prior To Aug 19th (I think) but were then informed they had to upgrade to AWD to get the 4k tow. Ask your dealer to add MAVERICK AWD/TOW PKG CUSTOMER SATISFACTION PRIVATE OFFER (#38274).

OP
OP
coolhip33

coolhip33

First Name
Colleen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick FWD w/tow pkg
Are you suggesting orders originally placed with AWD and 4K tow are also eligible for this offer? Confused. 🤔
No. This is only for for customers who placed a Retail Order for a 22MY Maverick FWD Gas (999/448) & 4K Towing Package (53Q) that must be reordered as this combination is no longer available.

Sponsored

teamsauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang
That is exactly what this is offer is for. People that ordered the FWD and 4k tow prior To Aug 19th (I think) but were then informed they had to upgrade to AWD to get the 4k tow. Ask your dealer to add MAVERICK AWD/TOW PKG CUSTOMER SATISFACTION PRIVATE OFFER (#38274).
I got an email into the dealership when I saw the post. My CSR hasn't seen the offer yet but said she would get back to me shortly.

OP
OP
coolhip33

coolhip33

First Name
Colleen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick FWD w/tow pkg
Actually we might.

Sorry no... A Private Offer has been created for customers who placed a Retail Order for a 22MY Maverick FWD Gas (999/448) & 4K Towing Package (53Q) that must be reordered as this combination is no longer available.

tcw8848

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So, should I contact Ford, or my dealer or both? Definitely want to get in on this after having to update my order.

OP
OP
coolhip33

coolhip33

First Name
Colleen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick FWD w/tow pkg
So, should I contact Ford, or my dealer or both? Definitely want to get in on this after having to update my order.
Go to dealer and tell them you want this added to your order:

Sponsored

tcw8848

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Go to dealer and tell them you want this added to your order:
Just sent my rep an email with this info. Hope to hear back soon, although I have a feeling he will have no idea what I am saying, only to get back to me later once he is corrected. We shall see.

tcw8848

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Pretty sure we’re getting screwed here.
I mean, how? Did you order something that got cancelled and were pretty much forced to upgrade and pay an extra $2200 several weeks later? Then no, I don't think you are. It's just something Ford is making right for a specific situation.

Olldladieslovemavericksto

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ellen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outlander Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So now the big question is, how many already had a build date and now you have a possibility of waiting again?
Sponsored