First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It can’t be “irregardless of number of orders” when you only supply percentages. If there is a “max number of each” that can be built then that should be communicated in finite numbers as percentages are utterly meaningless if not linearly distributed.
They have to use percentages because they only know what they expect to be built IF they get all parts ordered. Actual percentages built will certainly be different when and if parts come in on time. So if 20% hybrids parts are delayed those slots in the line may be lost permanently if extra parts for EB are not available. The 65/35 could be and probably is a different 65/35 for each build week. Yes they could post actual numbers they will build week by week or day by day. They could say "we are going to build some" and disclose what's going to happen.
Sponsored

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They have to use percentages because they only know what they expect to be built IF they get all parts ordered. Actual percentages built will certainly be different when and if parts come in on time. So if 20% hybrids parts are delayed those slots in the line may be lost permanently if extra parts for EB are not available. The 65/35 could be and probably is a different 65/35 for each build week. Yes they could post actual numbers they will build week by week or day by day. They could say "we are going to build some" and disclose what's going to happen.
Again… if not linearly distributed… percentages are meaningless. If there is in fact a finite constraint then state that constraint. If there were 200k orders then 35% hybrids would be 60k. If it was 400k then it would be 120k. You cant state constraint and say it is both a function and defined. If you could supply both scenarios then it is linear function. Otherwise it is a defined amount of constraint and should not defined as percentage.

MTK46

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-350 6.7l dually, 2020 Escape hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The monthly built to sold numbers sure shows where the problem is SHIPPING!
My son's Lariat was built 9/1. Still hasn't been shipped yet. Dealer he bought from just got in a XLT that was built 6/29. It's for sale. I imagine the person that ordered it gave upped and moved on.

CuriousGary

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My son's Lariat was built 9/1. Still hasn't been shipped yet. Dealer he bought from just got in a XLT that was built 6/29. It's for sale. I imagine the person that ordered it gave upped and moved on.
Ford’s shipping definitely needs to be analyzed and re-engineered. When/if you see 4K sold (shipped?) and 10k produced, there is a problem. (Just giving numbers from memory. Sorry.) Looks like a massive problem. Ford should explain.

CuriousGary

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford’s shipping definitely needs to be analyzed and re-engineered. When/if you see 4K sold (shipped?) and 10k produced, there is a problem. (Just giving numbers from memory. Sorry.) Looks like a massive problem. Ford should explain.
It’s 3k sold (shipped?) and 10k produced according to Administrator.

CuriousGary

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Interesting post. The difference between built and shipped dates may mean that “produced” really means “almost produced” — like the hybrid battery is missing?
Sponsored