‘23 Ranger on the way.

stick

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep wrangler 4xe; 13 vw gli; 21 maverick xlt
all video highlighted items are non-maverick I noticed - trying to differentiate I guess. All I see $$$ and had to roll my eyes at the tail gate. no self-respecting craftsman would use that plastic rule and the clamps on plastic, not seeing that last before someone tries a steel clamp that breaks that tail gate. Let alone getting a saw that close to the paint! didnt think that out I guess! I really liked the headlights though. But like most here, looking for a phev version. but the hybrid I got is a pretty good truck - looks good and feel good about the cost. I think we will see the ranger get a significate price jump for the non-maverick available goodies. Might also be the approach to get all the first time ford truck owners who were brought in with the maverick to 'move up' the truck line on the next buy.

Last edited:

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
all video highlighted items are non-maverick I noticed - trying to differentiate I guess. All I see $$$ and had to roll my eyes at the tail gate. no self-respecting craftsman would use that plastic rule and the clamps on plastic, not seeing that last before someone tries a steel clamp that breaks that tail gate. Let alone getting a saw that close to the paint! didnt think that out I guess! I really liked the headlights though. But like most here, looking for a phev version. but the hybrid I got is a pretty good truck - looks good and feel good about the cost. I think we will see the ranger get a significate price jump for the non-maverick available goodies. Might also be the approach to get all the first time ford truck owners who were brought in with the maverick to 'move up' the truck line on the next buy.
Yeah, when framing we would take a pass on that tailgate schtick. :D

SpacemanSpiff

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tyreese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-15 Eagle
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The real question is which platform will Ford use for the next full EV truck?? Whichever one they use (Maverick or Ranger) will be my next vehicle. Or the mach-E I ordered :ROFLMAO:
I'm betting the next EV truck from Ford is the Ranger. It's far easier to adapt to an EV with the battery pack between the frame rails. I would think the Maverick would require a redesign of its unibody to accommodate the extra volume. But who knows, maybe the batteries could simply occupy the space where the fuel tank currently resides in a Maverick?

Sponsored

PDM33

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm betting the next EV truck from Ford is the Ranger. It's far easier to adapt to an EV with the battery pack between the frame rails. I would think the Maverick would require a redesign of its unibody to accommodate the extra volume. But who knows, maybe the batteries could simply occupy the space where the fuel tank currently resides in a Maverick?
I feel like it could go either way. I would be surprised if they designed a vehicle from the ground up in this environment without thinking ahead to an electric version. But you could say that about the new Ranger as well so we will see which they think will draw more attention.

davnau

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I feel like it could go either way. I would be surprised if they designed a vehicle from the ground up in this environment without thinking ahead to an electric version. But you could say that about the new Ranger as well so we will see which they think will draw more attention.
I could be wrong but I think the Maverick will offer a PHEV version, like the PHEV Escape (which is FWD only) while offering an all-electric Ranger.

We’ll see. Lots to come.

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I like the Ranger a lot, but I still can't seem to understand why it's considered alongside the Maverick. They're completely different kinds of vehicles, and I would assume if you're interested in the Maverick then there's little about the Ranger that would meet your needs.
They are not completely different vehicles. Both have a bed, both are smaller than a full size truck. Current advantages to Maverick IMO are : Interior design and layout, MPG.

I was looking at Rangers before the COVID price swing, and then saw the Maverick. I picked the Maverick because of its price point, and the hybrid option. Rangers went from being available in Lariat 4wd dealer demos around 35k, to 35k for a base 2wd XL.

I wouldn't mind the taller ride height, and bigger bed as a trade off for the MPG. Hybrid Ranger would really catch my eye, I am sure it will happen eventually.

Would be a bigger consideration if the market returns to sub MSRP and incentives, but if MSRP is the norm moving forward, then I probably won't consider anything over $35k on my next vehicle.

Stealth Raccoon

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Chevy S10
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The new Ranger shares a platform with the Bronco - making an electric Ranger means also adaptable to an electric Bronco.

MrKombi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It is too long so it will not fit in my garage.

More than likely way more expensive (hybrid version) vs my 2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid.

My last truck was a 1998 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab and my Maverick is almost the exact same size as that truck.

Rangers and other Ford trucks over the years seemed to jump sizes as Ranger became F-150 sized, F-150 jumped to F-250 size and on and on.

The Maverick is all the Truck I need.
Yeah, I hope someone from Ford corporate removed all sharp objects from the office of the Ranger brand-manager after Maverick was introduced........

50% better mileage for 40% less sticker price Maverick vs. Ranger has surely impacted Ranger sales negatively.......

Sponsored

stick

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep wrangler 4xe; 13 vw gli; 21 maverick xlt
I do not want a vehicle with a giant freakin iPad on the dash!!!
I agree with you - but its cheaper for the manufacturer to remove a lot of separate components and replace them with a screen and software/relays. one of the things I love about the maverick is the simple controls. I feel the big screens are distractions - you got to look, can't feel for the button/knob, and have to play 'I spy'. So really doesnt belong on any vehicle that isnt some level of self-driving

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I agree with you - but its cheaper for the manufacturer to remove a lot of separate components and replace them with a screen and software/relays. one of the things I love about the maverick is the simple controls. I feel the big screens are distractions - you got to look, can't feel for the button/knob, and have to play 'I spy'. So really doesnt belong on any vehicle that isnt some level of self-driving
I don’t like the iPad design how easy it can break . Going down hill fast having stop f150 . Hit big pothole …. Idk I prefer the Proctected mini digital display built in

ychuck46

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Supercrew w/EcoBoost engine, Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Would like to see it in a hybrid. In fact, as the F-150 I have gets longer in the tooth, I would like to see a hybrid on that truck as well. We would have our choice for any future addition to go along with our Maverick with the hybrid engine.

Aza

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Would like to see it in a hybrid. In fact, as the F-150 I have gets longer in the tooth, I would like to see a hybrid on that truck as well. We would have our choice for any future addition to go along with our Maverick with the hybrid engine.
My buddy has a 2021 F150 hybrid and he loves it.

ychuck46

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Supercrew w/EcoBoost engine, Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My buddy has a 2021 F150 hybrid and he loves it.
TBH I didn't know they had the hybrid for the F-150 yet. I checked Ford.com and they don't have any fuel mileage ratings for it yet. Has you buddy given you an indication of what kind of mileage he is seeing? Thanks.
Sponsored