First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I thought I could grow to love the orange accents in my XLT, but just cannot. I will keep the safety orange on the door pulls as it reminds me of aviation MTX of which I work in. The orange accented stitching is not bad either since its tasteful and not really in your face. The orange center console tray however has to go. It's just too much. I checked my ford dealer and the black one for the XL was listed for $98 !! I almost choked. Well recently ebay and amazon have a copy in black that looks almost identical and fits perfectly. It cost me $39 shipped. I love this much better than the orange. And at half the price of OEM.

Ford Maverick Maverick accessories, mods, how-to's on my Maverick 20231221_163104

Ford Maverick Maverick accessories, mods, how-to's on my Maverick 20231221_163202

Ford Maverick Maverick accessories, mods, how-to's on my Maverick 20231221_163209
Sponsored

Last edited:

urwatuis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Melyssa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Custom wheels or alloy wheels in general. I have had water get between rims and brake rotors and damn near corrode these parts together to where you cannot remove the wheel from the vehicle. I am installing custom wheels, however anybody installing aluminum wheels should do this.

Brush anti seize compound on the rotor mating flanges so if moisture gets between the rim flange and the rotor, you can still get them apart. My aftermarket rims use aluminum hubcentric rings. I buttered these up with permatex antiseize as well. Truck needs a 3" lowering job now to ditch the 4x4 look.

Rims are Circuit performance CP30 18x8.5 with a 35mm offset. Tires are 245-55R18. Same outer diameter as stock.
20221116_153942.jpg

20221116_153953.jpg

20221118_065326.jpg
nice wheels! good advice

urwatuis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Melyssa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sponsored

OP
OP
Barracuda340

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Off work and on vacation through january 8th. I have some more stuff to do on the silver buffalo, and then I will be back in the shop and welding the main floor pan in on my project car. To say I have been busy with other things home, kid, and spouse related is an understatement. The cuda will have its floor pan, and other sheetmetal projects welded up before I get back to work on january 9th.

Ford Maverick Maverick accessories, mods, how-to's on my Maverick 20231222_123109

OP
OP
Barracuda340

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Amazing work on your truck. Wish I could do a fraction of the fabrication work
Thanks for the kudos. Just dabble with what you can do. Lots of tutorials on here to do these projects. You would be surprised with what you can actually do when you put your mind to it. I have been fabricating and modifying stuff since I started building plastic model cars. The stuff just got bigger and more complicated as my knowledge grew. I'm 56 now. Been tinkering since my first model car at age 8, so it's been a long time.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I thought I could grow to love the orange accents in my XLT, but just cannot. I will keep the safety orange on the door pulls as it reminds me of aviation MTX of which I work in. The orange accented stitching is not bad either. The orange center console tray however has to go. It's just too much. I checked my ford dealer and the black one for the XL was listed for $98 !! I almost choked. Well recently ebay and amazon have a copy in black that looks almost identical and fits perfectly. It cost me $39 shipped. I love this much better than the orange. And at half the price of OEM.

20231221_163104.jpg

20231221_163202.jpg

20231221_163209.jpg
Good hunting and thanks for passing this along for the many folks looking for an alternative to the orange trim.

TomD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee Trailsport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Gator SFX trifold cover. About $235 purchased at Realtruck.com. price may have gone up since I ordered it a number of months ago, however this is one of the easiest things to install. No tools are required to put it on. I found that it was easiest to center it, and loosely install the forward mounting clamps to the underside of the bed rails. Then unfold the cover, and square it up on the truck bed.

Once squared up and even on both sides, tighten down the fwd mounting clamps, and attach the safety mounting clamps. Latch the spring loaded rear hooks, and it's done. It comes with some hollow weatherstripping that's peel n stick for sealing the tailgate shut when closed. I did not install this yet. Instructions werent very clear on that. The hold down clamps, and safety clamps use the pinch weld seam on the truck bed to hold it on, as well as the rear spring loaded hooks. The instruction pix are pretty clear on this aspect. It mentioned using a utility knife to cut away excess plastic for the clamps, but I found that to not be necessary.

This install took me 15-20 minutes, and was super easy to do.

20221115_155634.jpg
The safety tie downs are one of the things that really impressed me on this cover.

OP
OP
Barracuda340

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone do heated seats? Looking to put these in when I get the truck.

Seat Cushion Heated seat Kit High/Low Switch Settings Faster Warm Up (2 seat) https://a.co/d/0J8pp7t
One of the things I am planning on eventually doing to my XLT. Perfect spot for the switches is on either side of the cigar lighter aux power plug above the center console forward storage area. I will likely look for a set that uses round switches and 2 seperate controller boxes. One for each seat. This minimizes the wire run to the dash for the switches and isolates the seat heaters into 2 seperate systems, left and right. I will run power in, and mount everything to the bottom of each seat on mounting plates. Relays, fuses, controllers etc. Theres enough room to do that.

Note in pic, 2 seperate wire harnesses and controllers. One for each seat. This way, if one controller goes out, it only takes out one one seat heater not both. The switches appear to be 3 position, and have an LED light that probably lights dimly on low, and brightly on high. So off, low, high.

Ford Maverick Maverick accessories, mods, how-to's on my Maverick Screenshot_20231222-151647_eBay

Last edited:
Sponsored
OP
OP
Barracuda340

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have been on vacation since dec 18th. I was gonna get things done with my truck. Honestly I just got busy with other stuff. My 3mm and 5mm ice blue LEDs did finally show up. I need to do a small project with them to start. I think I'm gonna back light the dash cubby first. I may finish up the air horns install too. I had to go back to the drawing board on the bracket, and need to come up with a compressor mounting bracket. Maybe tomorrow or monday. Tuesday I go back to work.

OP
OP
Barracuda340

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Heres a video of the light-n-vent in action.

Last week, The LED on the drivers side internally shorted. Caused LF signal to not work, and a panic flash on the dash. I clipped the wire going to the LED side light, and everything went back to normal. I ordered from Amazon a replacement LED strip, and will replace it soon.

deckmt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E --> 2023 EB AWD Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I thought I could grow to love the orange accents in my XLT, but just cannot. I will keep the safety orange on the door pulls as it reminds me of aviation MTX of which I work in. The orange accented stitching is not bad either since its tasteful and not really in your face. The orange center console tray however has to go. It's just too much. I checked my ford dealer and the black one for the XL was listed for $98 !! I almost choked. Well recently ebay and amazon have a copy in black that looks almost identical and fits perfectly. It cost me $39 shipped. I love this much better than the orange. And at half the price of OEM.

20231221_163104.jpg

20231221_163202.jpg

20231221_163209.jpg
I searched on Amazon, but could not locate this accessory. Are you able to provide a link to the site you used?

Thank you in advance.

OP
OP
Barracuda340

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So the lariat has ice blue lighting on its front interior door pulls. I finally found ICE blue 12V LEDs I wanted to use. I bought 3mm and 5mm. Was not sure which would work best. I bought escape platinum door pulls because of the nice brushed silver. I used a #30 drill and centered and drilled a hole in each pull. If you notice theres moulded in clips on the door pull housings for the backlighting, but the rectangle for the bezel is not cut out on these.

Anyhow, being as i could not get these LEDs as flat top flush mount, I did as i have done in the past, and filed the tops flat with 150 grit sandpaper, then 320 grit, then superglue them in flush with the inner side of the door pull housing. You want them this way, because theres an access cover that has to be removed to get to the bolt that holds the handle that has to clear the light, plus it softens the glow a little bit.

These LEDs are not dimmable , but that's fine. The camera pix make them appear brighter than they are. I plan to tie them into the backlighting power on the power lock switches on the front, and to the power window switch back lighting on the rear doors.

I also plan to light up the front door panel storage pockets in ice blue as well. I will be changing out the front door speakers, and will mod each door for all this at one time. I dont want to pull the door panels off multiple times.

I am also thinking of backlighting the cubby in the dash next to the radio.

Ford Maverick Maverick accessories, mods, how-to's on my Maverick 20240107_112956

Ford Maverick Maverick accessories, mods, how-to's on my Maverick 20240107_112634

Ford Maverick Maverick accessories, mods, how-to's on my Maverick 20240107_120159

Ford Maverick Maverick accessories, mods, how-to's on my Maverick 20240107_112709

Ford Maverick Maverick accessories, mods, how-to's on my Maverick 20240107_112734

Ford Maverick Maverick accessories, mods, how-to's on my Maverick 20240107_113609

Ford Maverick Maverick accessories, mods, how-to's on my Maverick 20240107_113011

Ford Maverick Maverick accessories, mods, how-to's on my Maverick 20240107_121439

OP
OP
Barracuda340

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I searched on Amazon, but could not locate this accessory. Are you able to provide a link to the site you used?

Thank you in advance.
Not sure still how to link it, but heres a screenshot for the brand I bought. They have em in lariat brown too.

Ford Maverick Maverick accessories, mods, how-to's on my Maverick Screenshot_20240107-131209_Samsung Internet
Sponsored