First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Sovol SV01 Printer was used to produce the FITS Trash Can in this thread so it is capable. There were other ones cheaper but they had deficiencies compared to the Sovol SV01.

Ender 3 Pro $200 vs . Sovol SV01 $300 (best first 3D printer?)

I didn't say it wasn't capable - you need a capable person to operate the budget printers. Bed leveling is HARD - Trust me, I reprogrammed the firmware on the ender and installed a BLtouch - this took dozens of hours and I knew exactly what I was doing. Then you have to start figuring how to replace the subpar beds these come with...do you go with glass now? Oh crap, those will shatter with PETG. OK, now you realize the extruder isn't that great and only tolerates certain decent filament.

The cousin of the OP sounds like they know what they are doing. But recommending this to folks that have no experience 3d printing is irresponsible, in my opinion.

I own 6 3d printers and have been through a wide variety of models and I am not saying this to be hard on anyone. I am an electrical engineer that has spent most of my career writing software - I am trying to help people from a desire to prevent someone here wasting a ton of time time that otherwise just thought they were going to be able to print things without much effort.

btw, the opening line of the video you posted says

"my personality is that I don't mind tweaking and poking..."
which is exactly I am saying is required if you don't get a certain level of printer - and that only works for folks that are inclined to this particular set of tinkering.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Turtle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
let me see what he can do. he needed to do some tweaking first to make it a little less hefty so hopefully he has it saved back.

I will get back to you with a file when he sends it đź‘Ť
Me tooo

Portcqb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
STL for it?

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone on here that gets this printed by anyone else, make sure you are getting at least PETG, or even better ABS

The most comment filament, PLA, will deform and start to soften/melt in your car in the heat.

Sponsored

Redbaron

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Cruze
I didn't say it wasn't capable - you need a capable person to operate the budget printers. Bed leveling is HARD - Trust me, I reprogrammed the firmware on the ender and installed a BLtouch - this took dozens of hours and I knew exactly what I was doing. Then you have to start figuring how to replace the subpar beds these come with...do you go with glass now? Oh crap, those will shatter with PETG. OK, now you realize the extruder isn't that great and only tolerates certain decent filament.

The cousin of the OP sounds like they know what they are doing. But recommending this to folks that have no experience 3d printing is irresponsible, in my opinion.

I own 6 3d printers and have been through a wide variety of models and I am not saying this to be hard on anyone. I am an electrical engineer that has spent most of my career writing software - I am trying to help people from a desire to be helpful.

btw, the opening line of the video you posted says

which is exactly I am saying is required if you don't get a certain level of printer - and that only works for folks that are inclined to this particular set of tinkering.
manual bed leveling is not hard. Getting it perfect is near impossible but you don’t need it perfect for printing… just as close as possible.
The ender is a great printer to start with! It will teach you valuable skills in 3D printing and make you a better designer. Don’t be fooled into thinking you need a super expensive one. No matter what printer you buy it will require hours of research to use it effectively and will eventually require maintenance to keep it running well. If you don’t think you can do that then 3D printing isn’t for you.
The Prusa is a phenomenal printer for the price although it’s print area is a little small. It’s still pricey, and if you aren’t sure if you will 3D print for a long term hobby there is no reason to buy one.

Redbaron

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Cruze
Would you be interested making a orange double cup holder ? I would like for it to match my orange accents in my XLT package. Is this something you could do ? Thanks
I’ll design one for you if you want.

Portcqb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
See my post
Which post don't see it linked your initial post doesn't include or mention the STL just that you may print with less layers and a different filament next time.

Sponsored

Redbaron

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Cruze

NCbronco

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick2017 F250, 2017 CR-V, 1974 Bronco
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

scottrrr

First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Great idea. It would be cool if someone started 3D printing just that slot, with adhesive stick-on side to attach whatever you want to it.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great idea. It would be cool if someone started 3D printing just that slot, with adhesive stick-on side to attach whatever you want to it.
Or a couple of pilot holes that you put screws through.
Sponsored