1fifty

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm curious why Ford even opens the order banks. Build what can and see who buys it. Based on everything being $10k over, it will all sell.
Pretty sure it is because its much better for Ford’s margin, customers get what they really want & return and the market would be even worse if the dealers held every build in their hands.
Sponsored

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm curious why Ford even opens the order banks. Build what can and see who buys it. Based on everything being $10k over, it will all sell.
I pondered this myself last year, but it is rather advantageous for Ford. For one thing it gives them a much better idea of true demand vs only what people are able to buy.

Waterick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
, seeRichard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Maverick Lariat, '14 Prius, '83 Mustang 5.0 co
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

How do we know these were not rolled over my22 orders? Why would they be XLT's, maybe because they had to be in my22 to get cruise control. Or maybe all the retail XL orders prevented them from ordering XL's. Either way, Ford should also fill these orders. I believe they had no higher or lower priority from Ford over the retail orders, but from the dealer, who knows how that works?

ATXTACOS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat. 2018 Ford Edge Ti trim
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Pretty sure it is because its much better for Ford’s margin, customers get what they really want & return and the market would be even worse if the dealers held every build in their hands.
This has made loyal Ford owners' question their(my) loyalty. Is that smart. I could find my own hitch or bed liner.

ATXTACOS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat. 2018 Ford Edge Ti trim
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I pondered this myself last year, but it is rather advantageous for Ford. For one thing it gives them a much better idea of true demand vs only what people are able to buy.
Seems like ford has alienated loyal customers.

Sponsored

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You're going to buy one truck.

The fleet customer is going to buy hundreds.

If you're willing to give Ford the amount of money those guys do, you'd be able to jump the line to get a front wheel drive ecoboost too.
and in any color so long as it's business white...

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Versa, 2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Seems like ford has alienated loyal customers.
The fleet buyers are far more loyal customers than you or I.

And Ford is still delivering retail orders.

PlantMan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-250 4WD crew 8' bed; 2022 Maverick XL AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was told fleet allocations and retail allocation are from separate pools. I suppose entitled US buyers would like Canadian and South American buyers to get ignored as well?

baldboy

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thats too black and white. This aint stupid national politics. It isnt all retail after fleet or before. Its mixed in based on what they can build that day aswell as how long the order has been waiting.
So what they can build is stand alone trailer hitch's on all these X L T Fleet model's. i thought these were constraint's on regular "Retail/order's are they not on fleet order's also!

baldboy

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Baldboy,
Come to think of it, maybe your dealer or order spec is holding up your build?
I ordered a Ford Lightning, a ‘23 F150 and 3 Ecoboost Mavericks over the past twelve months and each of them came in within 3-4 months of placing the orders.
You are ether lying like hell or full of shit, you say you got 4 of the hardest trucks to get all in 3/mo's when we have customer's on here that have been waiting on one for 4 5 & close to 600 day's on one. You are full mr big mouth/lighting truck bragg and lie some more mr full of it!

Sponsored

1fifty

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You are ether lying like hell or full of shit, you say you got 4 of the hardest trucks to get all in 3/mo's when we have customer's on here that have been waiting on one for 4 5 & close to 600 day's on one. You are full mr big mouth/lighting truck bragg and lie some more mr full of it!
Jeez, this awful post made me go back and check and I was off a few weeks. Re-reading the post and all I can picture is the French taunter from Monty Python.

-Lightning was actually 5 months with Mar. ‘22 build and Aug. ‘22 deliver.
-F150 and the 3 Mavericks were all Sept ‘22 build with Jan & Feb ‘23 deliver.

Last edited:

jahl

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So what they can build is stand alone trailer hitch's on all these X L T Fleet model's. i thought these were constraint's on regular "Retail/order's are they not on fleet order's also!
They can and do build retail customer orders with standalone hitches too.

jahl

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered 2 Mavericks with stand alone hitches in Sept and took delivery of both last month. 🤷‍♂️

baldboy

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Jeez, this awful post made me go back and check and I was off a few weeks. Re-reading the post and all I can picture is the French taunter from Monty Python.

-Lightning was actually 5 months with Mar. ‘22 build and Aug. ‘22 deliver.
-F150 and the 3 Mavericks were all Sept ‘22 build with Jan & Feb ‘23 deliver.
You are so full of it!
Sponsored