David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2014 MX5 Club
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I took a quick look at these pics and it doesn't look like the rear license plate is offset to the right. Looks like there is an area in the CENTER of the rear bumper for a license plate? Which would mean it's something else?
I'm thinking the center of the bumper is what's left of the priceless trailer hitch receiver. They do look like Mavericks.
Sponsored

pnorwood54

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ALTO BLUE XTL AWD-4K-FX4-360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Carfax does not report incidents that happen before the first sale of a vehicle. Ford or the dealership can do anything they want to it before that.
it was supposed to be funny, sorry you didn't get it

Raymundo76

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

This morning, I have been looking at the derailment (drone) videos of the unfortunate derailment in East Palestine, PA. I spotted a group of stacked wreckage. And these were NOT Railcars. I counted (ten). The Unibody box, fender badge and fuel filler look right... The pile in the background could be more...😪

Mavs lost in East Palstine derailment..jpg

Jerry G.
(I am a model railroader and a railfan...)
Wow; that really sucks. LOL to all involved.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Fcnrwy

Fcnrwy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Area 51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, what I have found on another website, non-auto. Is that the trucks were loaded onto a scrap semi-truck, but had to stop at a location to "remove the hy-brid batteries"...!?

Watchman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
V12-XJS Jaguar, S10 LS Stepside
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah someone posted this on Facebook last week. Seems to probably be the same area.

mav derail.jpg
Personally it's the front headlight profile on the right front fender of the vehicle close to the road that is definitive. I know of no other truck with that headlight profile.

I do believe these are Mavericks -- sad indeed!

Last edited:

MightyMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Man, that's so sad and such a waste. It's a shame to see what were once beautiful Mavericks on their way to customers just to get derailed and burned into a shell of their former selves. It's also a waste of material too, built just to be burned and scraped. Not that it wasn't done on purpose (s*** happens) but it's such a bummer.

Euby

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

When I saw the news originally, my thought was about the people living in the area. Then my brain went to how long that part of the rail line would be closed for the clean-up. From there I was sorry for the people whose trucks might be delayed due to the re-route. Never did I think that Mavs would have been part of the chemical BBQ!

Sponsored

WNYEscapee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick, 2019 Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I feel bad for those people living there, having to face the aftermath of this wreck for years to come.
I also feel bad for those who placed orders for Mavericks months, if not over a year ago, and will now find out there's no chance of seeing it delivered.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There have been a couple of people on Reddit or Facebook who reported that their Mav was shipped but they got an updated delivery date adjusted out to April, I wonder if their Maverick was part of that shipment and now Ford is scrambling to replace it hence the severely delayed delivery date.
When it happened to people with Broncos generally Ford did not move them to the front of the line for replacement. Levine did work with other Ford dealers to try and find available stock at MSRP to replace it with something similar but I can tell Mr. Levine there is no "available stock" in the midwest at least.

However, the Broncos were one offs and not a dozen or so torched so maybe this situation is different but those dozen or so Mavericks and their customers aren't anymore important than unfilled orders at this time.

If there were 6 Tremors on there and they built 6 more Tremors that went to those folks before filling my priority 10 Tremor order that started as an XL Hybrid in Oct 2021 - I'd be a little salty.

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
NJ had a derailment involving vinyl chloride about 10 years ago. A much smaller event. Rules were supposed to be changed but it never happened. Apparently if hazardous materials are transported with non hazardous railcars. The whole train in not considered hazardous. There was a rule limiting the length of these trains and to require better braking systems.But the prior administration recended the rule.
Longer trains have a risk of more problems than shorter ones.

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When it happened to people with Broncos generally Ford did not move them to the front of the line for replacement. Levine did work with other Ford dealers to try and find available stock at MSRP to replace it with something similar but I can tell Mr. Levine there is no "available stock" in the midwest at least.

However, the Broncos were one offs and not a dozen or so torched so maybe this situation is different but those dozen or so Mavericks and their customers aren't anymore important than unfilled orders at this time.

If there were 6 Tremors on there and they built 6 more Tremors that went to those folks before filling my priority 10 Tremor order that started as an XL Hybrid in Oct 2021 - I'd be a little salty.
You'd be a little salty? Okay......sounds like entitlement to me. Those people just had their Maverick's burned to a crisp by no fault of their own.

Lone Star Proud

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm afraid I would need mental counseling once I received that news.
Sponsored