Check Engine light and Mav died on the Highway

Thomas Austin

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mavrick
Had the check engine light come on in a recent trip to Missouri. When I got home, the light went off and I kind of forgot about it. Yesterday driving on the highway and the engine dies out. Pull over safely light flashes on dash. Was able to slide off the highway and put it in park. First, try to restart nothing. Took the key out. Waited a few seconds and she restarted. Check engine light was on. Made it home. This morning no check engine light anyone. Has this happened to anyone?
Sponsored

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Gonna roll the dice.. Hybrid

over2000lbs

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 F150, 2023 Maverick (rollover from 2022)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm putting money on Hybrid based on the "stop safely now" message flashing on the dash

Sponsored

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

EcoBoost or Hybrid? Date Built?
Gonna roll the dice.. Hybrid
I guessing eco boost
I'm putting money on Hybrid based on the "stop safely now" message flashing on the dash
Yep Hybrid😃
You guys are helping prove my point in the other thread.

We NEED EB / Hybrid badges up on top by our names more so than we need Lariat XLT and XL. 😎👍🏻🤞🏻

Car Nut

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Mavericks, 2015 Scion FRS, , 63 Lincoln, 85 Toy
Engine
Undecided
You guys are helping prove my point in the other thread.

We NEED EB / Hybrid badges up on top by our names more so than we need Lariat XLT and XL. 😎👍🏻🤞🏻
What if I have one of each ?

Sponsored

Dunrollin

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Powerstroke, 2020 Escape Titanium Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP, guess you are headed to the dealer. In my case because I am always curious, I would pull codes and look them up on the internet.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Had the check engine light come on in a recent trip to Missouri. When I got home, the light went off and I kind of forgot about it. Yesterday driving on the highway and the engine dies out. Pull over safely light flashes on dash. Was able to slide off the highway and put it in park. First, try to restart nothing. Took the key out. Waited a few seconds and she restarted. Check engine light was on. Made it home. This morning no check engine light anyone. Has this happened to anyone?
Hi there! This doesn't sound like the kind of experience we want you to have. If you can send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info, I'd be happy to see how I can help.

willfordtruck

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 F-250, 1972 F-250, and more...
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi there! This doesn't sound like the kind of experience we want you to have. If you can send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info, I'd be happy to see how I can help.
FMC, why so many issues and recalls (Ford is currently leading the industry with recalls :()? YAA discussed that on YouTube today. The Maverick is a great conquest vehicle, but the benefits to Ford will be short lived if quality is poor or perceived to be. I have a 2023 on order but having second thoughts now.

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
FMC, why so many issues and recalls (Ford is currently leading the industry with recalls :()? YAA discussed that on YouTube today. The Maverick is a great conquest vehicle, but the benefits to Ford will be short lived if quality is poor or perceived to be. I have a 2023 on order but having second thoughts now.
While it appears here, on the forum that FMC is helping. The reality is you're told to contact the dealership ☹
Sponsored