First Name
bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 sta
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
And here we are with all the hubbub over the Hybrid and the very first retail order window sticker that I think we have seen published is...a Hybrid - congrats BTW!
A lot of hybrid owners will be happy unless they changed there order.
Sponsored

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why do you think this is 'late?' Late to what? Ford said 'available Fall 2021.' If it was December 22 I would call it late. The trucks are not released for sale yet. Some will be produced over the next few weeks but they will be held for measuring and inspection at Hermosillo. When they get released for sale the EPA numbers and crash test data will be available and the trucks will be rolling to dealerships.
not late to production, but late in giving fuel economy number results.
The 2.0 numbers have been out already and it is the same truck with same release date.
So yeah, relative to the optional engine offering, I would say it is late.

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't think it is out of the ordinary myself - certainly I think given the hybrid drivetrain is a new one might play into the delay with the EPA info. I wouldn't put too much stock in the timing yet, seems like everyone is going crazy over this! (not meaning you in particular)

It could be something as simple as the EPA needing to test a certain number of sample engines before publishing values - we all know that the final engine has just been hitting production in the last 60-ish days. The 2.0 engine is not new, is widely available and can easily be provided in whatever volume EPA might need for testing - Hybrid is not in that same position.
If I’m not mistaken, the EPA does not perform the tests themselves. If it hasn’t changed, the EPA makes the rules for the tests, but expects the manufacturers to perform the tests as prescribed and submit results to the EPA for approval and posting.

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Per a previous ford statement they're only scheduling retails for production that have all necessary parts to complete that means chips and all... so if it's a retail unit and it's scheduled it will be built that week delivered once quality checks are done...
That may have been the intent, however supply chain issues can wreck the best plans.
It is costly to idle a plant, Ford won't delay production and have even cosidered having dealers install chips.

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/june-builds-sitting-in-the-mexican-desert.3657/

https://www.broncosportforum.com/fo...vehicles-to-dealer-lots-to-finish-later.3344/

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
I think I wouldn't worry about it.... If we take one of the scenarios we have..(picture of the MPG of a Demo Hybrid) of 37.4mpg and guesstimate that this was mostly freeway and a little city than this would be close to combined but a little high due to The Trainer takes the freeway like most people would going from town to town.. but also he drives from the freeway to the dealership...maybe stays in town because his next stop is across town.
So honestly I feel that this 37.4 is probably a 90/10 or 80/20 freeway/city number
Again I see that 40mpg 100% city is very doable and I see that Fords estimates are probably spot on..
So who cares about a window sticker...Think of it this way now you can prove your truck is one of the first off the assembly line and probably worth more to a collector. :)

Sponsored

04mach146

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe, dodge eco-diesel
That may have been the intent, however supply chain issues can wreck the best plans.
It is costly to idle a plant, Ford won't delay production and have even cosidered having dealers install chips.

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/june-builds-sitting-in-the-mexican-desert.3657/

https://www.broncosportforum.com/fo...vehicles-to-dealer-lots-to-finish-later.3344/
Yeah we all know the bronco sport was a failed launch if u look at when that was posted that was before the first builds were selected for production on the mav and again it was said by ford that they would only schedule reatail mavericks with all their parts. That doesn't mean if they run out of chips they may not produce stock units... also their was an article about them shutting down production at the plant sending people home until chips arrived 2 weeks ago

Pbroph

First Name
Broph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Fusion
This is not the official Monrrony sticker, which is a legal document, this was intended as a courtesy to customers to show exactly what equipment your truck was built with & to keep you engaged in the process & excited about your new vehicle.
And that is why Ford does not like to share info, there are so many negative, unappreciative folks in this group.

UberGadgetFreak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
From past experience:
The sticker has the default "not for sale" banner as a result of no EPA information. This is actually not uncommon because Ford scheduled it before the EPA estimate data was approved and added to the system. Its nothing to worry about. I would check back on Thursdays. You will see the sticker update the closer it gets to production once Ford gets approval for their estimate numbers.

It is awesome to see a Hybrid scheduled, too. It's making me excited hoping I get some good news next week! :)

OP
OP

petercox27

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-3
This is not the official Monrrony sticker, which is a legal document, this was intended as a courtesy to customers to show exactly what equipment your truck was built with & to keep you engaged in the process & excited about your new vehicle.
And that is why Ford does not like to share info, there are so many negative, unappreciative folks in this group.
I mean obviously it’s not the official sticker as there’s no epa or crash test data yet but I just thought it was interesting because previously it did not show anything and just gave an error when clicking on the window stick e link. The link also continues to not work for others so I thought I would share it.

OP
OP

petercox27

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-3
From past experience:
The sticker has the default "not for sale" banner as a result of no EPA information. This is actually not uncommon because Ford scheduled it before the EPA estimate data was approved and added to the system. Its nothing to worry about. I would check back on Thursdays. You will see the sticker update the closer it gets to production once Ford gets approval for their estimate numbers.

It is awesome to see a Hybrid scheduled, too. It's making me excited hoping I get some good news next week! :)
Ya I was not too worried about it. Was just excited the link worked and wanted to share!

Sponsored

Fotomoto

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Clarity, C-Max Energi, & Prius
Ford "adlibed, adjusted and guessED on the EPA mpg for the CMax and it hurt, I don't look for them to make that mistake again.
I had two at the time (hybrid and a then new Energi). Ford used the same EPA numbers from the score of the same hybrid drivetrain found in the Fusion. At the time, it was "legal" to do so as the rule was meant to avoid duplication of tests/costs within a model line up but yeah..... the C-max and Fusion weren't similar enough for that rule and their real world fuel economies were vastly different. Hand slaps were applied.

Then, Hyundai had the own fuel economy troubles around the same time and a couple of years later the VW dieselgate fiasco blew up. I suspect that gaming the EPA system by manufacturers is no longer an easy way to save some money as the associated costs are too high now. ;)

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Just checked my ford account and had the banner changed from "order confirmed" to "in production" was also able to click on the window sticker and it actually popped up but still sadly no EPA. Wanted to see if others were having the same happen.

hybrid maverick windowsticker.jpg
There you have it, folks, DO NOT SHIP, this is because the EPA #'s are not released. Until that happens we won't be seeing Mavericks on the lot. Just another way of slowly pulling off the wings of our happenies.
Sponsored