Sponsored

ShadowBlack XL440

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Agreed as long as the power is still there. I am not complaining about my ECO's MPG. It's relevant to each individual. My previous vehicle was an 07 V8 Mountaineer so.... however if you are comparing it to a compact car well that's a different story. I am pleased with my power, acceleration, capabilities and MPG not to mention my Maverick can handle a foot of snow. Overall I am very pleased now if I can get the same as mentioned above and 30+ MPG I WOULD BE VERY INTERESTED.
Same here. No complaints on the EB fuel mileage. I get 31+ daily driving on rural roads, as long as I can resist dipping into the turbo boost. That is better mileage than the Honda Civic Si that I replaced and I can pull a trailer or haul a load with the Maverick. Again it is not that I am unhappy with my current truck, but a hybrid would be a better fit for my stop and go driving. I am really hoping Ford does offer an AWD hybrid and keep the price increases to a minimum.
Sponsored

CLH917

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It didn't magically get itself to the shoot site. Hype is one thing, performance is another. If I am in the market for an off roader show me why the Tremor package is worth the upgrade besides the parts it comes with. Let's see those approach angles and redesigned bumper in action. Also he could have drove it on the road and gave a hand calculated MPG to give an idea what it is really using. The biggest tell to me is the lack of them posting that number thus far which says they still haven't figured out how to tune it for best MPG vs performance or it is going to fall under a non tremor packaged 2.0L eco boost engine builds.
I understand vehicles don’t levitate and drive themselves to locations. It is too soon and automotive journalists have not been green-lighted for comprehensive reviews as of yet.

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The question which is still unanswered is what does this package really get you performance wise that you can't already do with an FX4. Will a rear locking differential really make much of a difference on a unibody design climbing and getting into rough areas you may not have been able to get to otherwise without twisting and distorting the frame for starters? As far as angles goes the underside fascia on the bumper of the non tremor trims can certainly be redesigned for a better approach angle as is. That is something though that the aftermarket will have to address. Will a redesigned fascia and lift kit get you close to the same specs as a tremor for approach angles and such? If that is the case if it costs me 2 - 2.5k less to change those what am I really getting besides the locking rear differential and aesthetics.

I am not sold there is any real value here beyond the FX4 package outside the cost of the parts if you bought them separately.

Last edited:

TyPope

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tesla Model Y, 2018 Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does the FX4 package have metal skid plates? The Tremor version does, right?

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As soon as they offer a AWD Hybrid, I will be placing an order for my second Maverick. I like my EB FWD but it was my second choice to the unavailable hybrid. An XL AWD Hybrid would too much for me to resist. Fuel economy, capability, and best value in the truck market would be a win-win-win for me.
If they make an AWD Hybrid, I doubt they would do an XL version. In 2021, and 2022 you could get an F-150 hybrid Powerboost in an XL trim level. This year you have to move up to an XLT to get it. The $50,000 2022 F-150 XL I wanted is now a $65,000 2023 XLT with the options I wanted.

They ran out of 360 degree cameras (an $800 option) after I ordered. Constrained options are going to higher trim levels

Sponsored

altomav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, '71 GMC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is the first hands on videos about the Tremor package that I have seen online.

I like the Tremor, but perfectly happy with my FX4, 4K Tow equipped Mav which has more capability when it comes to towing. I would not trade mine in for a brand new Tremor. I wonder if it's geared the same as a standard AWD vs. one with Tow package.

OP
OP
kmish203

kmish203

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I like the Tremor, but perfectly happy with my FX4, 4K Tow equipped Mav which has more capability when it comes to towing. I would not trade mine in for a brand new Tremor. I wonder if it's geared the same as a standard AWD vs. one with Tow package.
I agree. I like the Tremor and it looks like it would be a lot of fun but my truck hasn't left pavement yet and it is a very rare circumstance where it will have to. I've been getting 28mpg on my Lariat AWD and have got some great use out of the bed which is exactly what drew me towards the Maverick in the first place and I'm completely happy with it. It's just cool to see how Ford is expanding on the build options.

ShadowBlack XL440

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If they make an AWD Hybrid, I doubt they would do an XL version. In 2021, and 2022 you could get an F-150 hybrid Powerboost in an XL trim level. This year you have to move up to an XLT to get it. The $50,000 2022 F-150 XL I wanted is now a $65,000 2023 XLT with the options I wanted.

They ran out of 360 degree cameras (an $800 option) after I ordered. Constrained options are going to higher trim levels
I hope you are not right about a possible XL AWD hybrid but if so, Ford better hope Honda, Toyota, Ram, Kia, or anyone else does not competitively offer one first or I will be giving them the order. I am not a die hard Ford fan and only gave Ford the order because they were first to offer a cheap and economical mini-truck on the current market.

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So if I want better clearance on my XLT 4K FX4 I can just swap out for a Tremor bumper and switch from 225/65R17 stock tires to 245/70R17 for a 1" increase in clearance and I'll have 9.6" which is more than the Tremor :)

Best part is I don't have to have the ugly ass Tremor wheels - barf.....

Swapping out that bumper is going to put the hurt on MPG I bet. The current bumper and those low deflectors are terrible for clearance (I scrape them on curbs all the time) but I bet they have a huge effect on MPG.

Sponsored

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The question which is still unanswered is what does this package really get you performance wise that you can't already do with an FX4. Will a rear locking differential really make much of a difference on a unibody design climbing and getting into rough areas you may not have been able to get to otherwise without twisting and distorting the frame for starters? As far as angles goes the underside fascia on the bumper of the non tremor trims can certainly be redesigned for a better approach angle as is. That is something though that the aftermarket will have to address. Will a redesigned fascia and lift kit get you close to the same specs as a tremor for approach angles and such? If that is the case if it costs me 2 - 2.5k less to change those what am I really getting besides the locking rear differential and aesthetics.

I am not sold there is any real value here beyond the FX4 package outside the cost of the parts if you bought them separately.
The videos that I saw on the BS Badlands yes the locking rear differential makes a substantial difference. It's simple, if you are interested in the differences that the Tremor offers it's worth it, if you aren't it's not. There is only a right or wrong answer here based on a persons opinion or needs. The Tremor package is a nice package, but it isn't for everyone just like AWD isn't for everyone or the hybrid doesn't fit everyone. If it isn't worth it to you don't buy it, doesn't mean that someone that buys a Tremor made a bad decision. I like the extra capability and improved suspension but I really like my current FX4 so I will ultimately do what I think is best for me. It's a matter of choice and I respect whatever anyone thinks is best for them even though it may not be what I purchase.

Tbolt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' EcoSport SES, 22' Lariat Lux FX4 Eco Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So if I want better clearance on my XLT 4K FX4 I can just swap out for a Tremor bumper and switch from 225/65R17 stock tires to 245/70R17 for a 1" increase in clearance and I'll have 9.6" which is more than the Tremor :)

Best part is I don't have to have the ugly ass Tremor wheels - barf.....

Swapping out that bumper is going to put the hurt on MPG I bet. The current bumper and those low deflectors are terrible for clearance (I scrape them on curbs all the time) but I bet they have a huge effect on MPG.
Wont work as a direct swap because the FX4 has a much larger radiator than the Tremor.

There are really only a couple of things about the Tremor that are better than the FX4, Locking Diff and the Metal skid plates plus a little more ground clearance. But you lose payload and the ability to add 4k tow.

mtd14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Chevy
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If your product is so good you shouldn't need to do stuff like that. It should sell itself. It is not like Ford hasn't built off road vehicles before or this particular drivetrain system either.
If your product is good, people still need to know it exists and has value. Executing a good marketing plan that helps accelerate people learning about the product and its quality is important for any new or reworked product.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I believe Ford sets a date and they/ TFL are unable to show/discuss certain aspects prior to that date. Break the rules and the manufacturer will pull your access from future events and launches. I am sure that is the case here.
TFL has been down that road before with Ford too.

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wont work as a direct swap because the FX4 has a much larger radiator than the Tremor.

There are really only a couple of things about the Tremor that are better than the FX4, Locking Diff and the Metal skid plates plus a little more ground clearance. But you lose payload and the ability to add 4k tow.
They didn’t add the larger radiator to the actual off road version? That doesn’t seem right.
Sponsored