Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT -Hot Chili Red - 4k Tow Fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here's a full-size tremor for a scientific comparison

20220630_100749.jpg

20220630_100758.jpg
The stance is much more Tremor-like than the Mav. Not sure about the steps in any kind of rocks but then if the rocks are tall enough to hit the step, there is a great probability the truck will get high-centered at the transmission cross bar.
Sponsored

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The stance is much more Tremor-like than the Mav. Not sure about the steps in any kind of rocks but then if the rocks are tall enough to hit the step, there is a great probability the truck will get high-centered at the transmission cross bar.
Yea this "tremor" package is pretty lackluster. The only saving grace would be the twin clutch rear end but with the longer body and lack of clearance I don't see it coming close to the capability of the BS badlands.

Bradfaulk18

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford maverick xlt
We just got an undisguised look at a new Maverick variant, and the off-road-focused bumper and orange accents suggests it might be a new Tremor trim for Ford’s compact truck.

We’ve seen hints of a new high-clearance bumper on earlier, heavily-disguised Ford Maverick prototypes, but now we caught it completely undisguised. In addition to the Maverick’s new shaved chin, we see some interesting orange accents that Ford is using to denote its more off-road-focused variants.

Orange Theory: Tremor or Timberline?
Two of Ford’s rugged, trail-ready trims—the Tremor and Timberline—use orange accents, so which is the most likely to be applied to this Ford Maverick variant? We’re leaning toward Maverick Tremor for two reasons: 1) Timberline has been applied to SUVs while the Tremor moniker has been reserved for use on pickup trucks, and 2) The orange accents applied to Timberline models has a darker color that skews more toward red, while the orange on this Maverick prototype looks like a dead-ringer for the more copper-tinged “Active Orange” that is found on the F-150 Tremor.

The orange accents are found on the grille’s crossbar, along with orange-painted tow hooks, and a new wheel design with an orange insert on one of the spokes. It would seem that more Tremor badging could carry the orange theme through a bit more, just as it does on the F-150 Tremor.

Lariat Badged…In Orange
It must be noted that this Maverick has an orange Lariat badge on the side vent. This may signal that the Tremor Off-Road Package may be an optional add-on to the Maverick’s Lariat trim—just as it is on the Ford Ranger XLT and Lariat trims.

Smoky Lights
This Maverick prototype has front- and rear-lighting that has a darker, smoked tint that appears to be a new option destined for future Mavericks.

Suspension upgrades are a mystery at this point. There is likely more ground clearance, and an improved approach angle thanks to the new front bumper. The prototype is running on Falken Wildpeak A/T tires, just as we have seen on the earlier, camouflaged prototypes.

Ford Maverick Tremor 1.jpg

Ford Maverick Tremor 2.jpg

Ford Maverick Tremor 3.jpg

Ford Maverick Tremor 4.jpg

Ford Maverick Tremor 5.jpg

Ford Maverick Tremor 6.jpg

Ford Maverick Tremor 9.jpg

Ford Maverick Tremor 7.jpg

Ford Maverick Tremor 8.jpg

Ford Maverick Tremor 10.jpg

Ford Maverick Tremor 11.jpg

Ford Maverick Tremor 12.jpg

Ford Maverick Tremor 13.jpg

Ford Maverick Tremor 14.jpg

Ford Maverick Tremor 15.jpg
It’s nice but the paint is to thin I mean I have a Maverick and already have 5 to the metal rock chips this paint is unacceptable. I’m sure all the spots on this trucks front aren’t all just bugs.

bdaniel230

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT -Hot Chili Red - 4k Tow Fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yea this "tremor" package is pretty lackluster. The only saving grace would be the twin clutch rear end but with the longer body and lack of clearance I don't see it coming close to the capability of the BS badlands.
Exactly so. The Mav is a capable mini-truck and has all of the features I want in a pickup, but I won't be taking it wheeling any time soon. I think, even with Dyna axles and a Dyna transfer case, without twin-clutch rear, and at least a rear locker, it won't crawl over more than a curb wall. But honestly, who in their right mind would try to go wheeling with a unibody when only rigid boxed frames win? But at my age, over 70, my days of wheeling are probably best kept in the rear-view.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

It would in any situation other than rock crawling. Sand and mud, it would scoot pretty nice. Just like a XJ to a CJ/YJ/TJ you just have to lift it 2" more to get the angle right. I know I used to wheel with CJs and had a a few buddies with other CJs and XJs. A spacer lift XJ will compete with a stock CJ, and 4" XJ would hang with a shackle lift CJ, and a 6"-8" XJ would go anywhere a 4"-5" spring lift CJ would go, and a long arm XJ will flex like a SOA CJ.

So if it gets a more aggressive mode, and that Badlands diff, and it has similar suspension to the Badlands. All you need is to keep it on a fair diet and lift it 2" and it will hang with a stock BS Badlands just about everywhere. Which should to my knowledge hang with a a Base stock standard Bronco. Also the Maverick does have an edge in tire size capability. I havent seen a BS with 32s yet and we have seen a few mavericks with em. Trimming required.

I think if the Tremor package, stays affordable which it is a bargain on the F150 and fairish on the Ranger(which looks like it gets alot more). It will get you close to where you want to be for a real offroader. Then you just add lift and tires. I also think that a big reason they didnt lift it much was to maintain the MPG of the Maverick. The Tremor will probably still get 26-28mpg, I dont know what the package does to a standard f150 but it cant be good.

Sponsored

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It would in any situation other than rock crawling. Sand and mud, it would scoot pretty nice. Just like a XJ to a CJ/YJ/TJ you just have to lift it 2" more to get the angle right. I know I used to wheel with CJs and had a a few buddies with other CJs and XJs. A spacer lift XJ will compete with a stock CJ, and 4" XJ would hang with a shackle lift CJ, and a 6"-8" XJ would go anywhere a 4"-5" spring lift CJ would go, and a long arm XJ will flex like a SOA CJ.

So if it gets a more aggressive mode, and that Badlands diff, and it has similar suspension to the Badlands. All you need is to keep it on a fair diet and lift it 2" and it will hang with a stock BS Badlands just about everywhere. Which should to my knowledge hang with a a Base stock standard Bronco. Also the Maverick does have an edge in tire size capability. I havent seen a BS with 32s yet and we have seen a few mavericks with em. Trimming required.

I think if the Tremor package, stays affordable which it is a bargain on the F150 and fairish on the Ranger(which looks like it gets alot more). It will get you close to where you want to be for a real offroader. Then you just add lift and tires. I also think that a big reason they didnt lift it much was to maintain the MPG of the Maverick. The Tremor will probably still get 26-28mpg, I dont know what the package does to a standard f150 but it cant be good.
While I won't argue with most of your theory, what kills the capability is the 15 extra inches on wheelbase the maverick has. Approaches and cresting will hurt along with articulation. Will the maverick get down a sloppy road just as good as a BS? Sure but I don't think it'll be as good.

Also the badlands comes with a factory inch lift over the other models and the lower models have 1.5" lift kits available.

Most run 245s from what I've seen but even the maverick with 265s had major trimming if I remember correctly.

Personally the 150 tremor gets up in price realllll quick. Base is 54k and any optional group is about 6.5k each. Really badass though I just wish it could come with that Hybrid powertrain which I hear is supposedly quite the torque monster.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

While I won't argue with most of your theory, what kills the capability is the 15 extra inches on wheelbase the maverick has. Approaches and cresting will hurt along with articulation. Will the maverick get down a sloppy road just as good as a BS? Sure but I don't think it'll be as good.

Also the badlands comes with a factory inch lift over the other models and the lower models have 1.5" lift kits available.

Most run 245s from what I've seen but even the maverick with 265s had major trimming if I remember correctly.

Personally the 150 tremor gets up in price realllll quick. Base is 54k and any optional group is about 6.5k each. Really badass though I just wish it could come with that Hybrid powertrain which I hear is supposedly quite the torque monster.
I priced up a FX4 F150 in the same cab/bed configuration with the 3.5 and the price was stupidly clost to a Tremor. F150 Tremor is a steal. The Ranger is a different story.

The Badlands BS has 8.8" of clearance the Mav 2wd has 8.3" and the FX4 has 8.6" so we have a 0.2" difference stock. The Mavericks rear wheels are out of the cabin area and into the bed. Im not sure where every ones BSs are rubbing with lifts and 245/70s but the rear wheel opening cant be helping. Also there are Mavericks that with careful tire and wheel choice are running 245/70s so that is a 0.45" additional height the mavericks can run. So Maverick with lift(not a lame level) and 245/70s or 255/65s are 8.8+0.45+2.0=11.25" of ground clearance. Compared to The Badlands 8.8" that is 2.45" or 2.2" with 245/65s advantage over the Badlands. That completely changes the 3 big angles app/dep/break. Also the we dont know how the new front bumper helps the Mavericks approach angle aswell. The rear bumper looks the same, but maybe it has added skid protection underneath it. We just dont know yet. I think the Tremor could very well be a great package especially if its mileage isnt significantly reduced. It may not be as capable as a lifted biggest shoes Badlands but it will probably be close as long as its a little taller. Also the 4k option may give it better gearing to handle the bigger tires and offroading.

Im excited. I just learned that im a priority 19 and not likely to be scheduled for my Granger build. So now I get to price out a Tremor with $3k off!!!

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I priced up a FX4 F150 in the same cab/bed configuration with the 3.5 and the price was stupidly clost to a Tremor. F150 Tremor is a steal. The Ranger is a different story.

The Badlands BS has 8.8" of clearance the Mav 2wd has 8.3" and the FX4 has 8.6" so we have a 0.2" difference stock. The Mavericks rear wheels are out of the cabin area and into the bed. Im not sure where every ones BSs are rubbing with lifts and 245/70s but the rear wheel opening cant be helping. Also there are Mavericks that with careful tire and wheel choice are running 245/70s so that is a 0.45" additional height the mavericks can run. So Maverick with lift(not a lame level) and 245/70s or 255/65s are 8.8+0.45+2.0=11.25" of ground clearance. Compared to The Badlands 8.8" that is 2.45" or 2.2" with 245/65s advantage over the Badlands. That completely changes the 3 big angles app/dep/break. Also the we dont know how the new front bumper helps the Mavericks approach angle aswell. The rear bumper looks the same, but maybe it has added skid protection underneath it. We just dont know yet. I think the Tremor could very well be a great package especially if its mileage isnt significantly reduced. It may not be as capable as a lifted biggest shoes Badlands but it will probably be close as long as its a little taller. Also the 4k option may give it better gearing to handle the bigger tires and offroading.

Im excited. I just learned that im a priority 19 and not likely to be scheduled for my Granger build. So now I get to price out a Tremor with $3k off!!!
Yea that's pretty true. Like you said before, anything but rock crawling or to the like the maverick(if it gets that rear end) should be able to equal foot it. I do wish they had done something with the rear bumper. I guess we'll see if the price is gonna make it worth it. I really wanted that rear end with my FX4 but if anything I could hold off till a model refresh. My partner has a BS Badlands and she wants a bigger tire setup so I'll be able to potentially see how they stack up.

My taste for the 150 to warrant upgrading from my mav would put me at roughly 70k in the Tremor or lariat lol I think my XLT build was about 65kish lol

I'd be wary with the rollover credit, I heard it was only to order the same trim but I could be wrong. Also we don't know if the Tremor will be a package or trim level aswell but we got about a week to find out haha.

crazymomlv

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mary Macioce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT on order and Subaru outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not very tall for a 4x4, I do like the wheels, just wish they would do all the openings in orange.
Yeah. Being a bit OCD if the Orange openings didn’t line up it would drive me crazy

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Assuming it comes out for '23.

Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Assuming it comes out for '23.
I got a good feeling. It did first get spied a very long time ago. November 2021. Production starts in October. Thats a good development time for a variant. Fingers crossed.

Yea that's pretty true. Like you said before, anything but rock crawling or to the like the maverick(if it gets that rear end) should be able to equal foot it. I do wish they had done something with the rear bumper. I guess we'll see if the price is gonna make it worth it. I really wanted that rear end with my FX4 but if anything I could hold off till a model refresh. My partner has a BS Badlands and she wants a bigger tire setup so I'll be able to potentially see how they stack up.

My taste for the 150 to warrant upgrading from my mav would put me at roughly 70k in the Tremor or lariat lol I think my XLT build was about 65kish lol

I'd be wary with the rollover credit, I heard it was only to order the same trim but I could be wrong. Also we don't know if the Tremor will be a package or trim level aswell but we got about a week to find out haha.
Well thats awesome. A FX4 and a Badlands would make a helluva pair. You should always drive em both to big outings, just for the presence of it lol. Cant wait for some pics and video of the 2.

Yeah for me, Im all about less luxury and less tech bits. I'm a fairly rough guy, and tear stuff up easily. So if anything there was a bunch of "lux" items I wish the F series Tremor didnt have. Ofcourse I could also have to wish for the $54k lol.

And while they didnt exactly answer my question about the Tremor option. They did say they know they start to draw the line at the drivetrain. I got a 2.0 awd ans long as the Tremor is 2.0 auto awd then I have a chance. If not buy it, drive it for a while, make a new order for a Tremor and order one this winter. Even if used car prices tank next year, they wont in Hawaii for anything awd/4wd. I saw a Big Bend Bronco Sport the other day with 12,000 miles for 46K on island!!

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In my very own little fantasy world, these would be the seats in my new Tremor AWD Maverick.

2022-07-22_12-21-30.png
I wish I had your talent. I'd like to eventually replaced the seat covers in my soon-to-be-ordered XLT with Katzkin Active-X type material, and just struggle with all the options available,,,,

HRG

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well thats awesome. A FX4 and a Badlands would make a helluva pair. You should always drive em both to big outings, just for the presence of it lol. Cant wait for some pics and video of the 2.

Yeah for me, Im all about less luxury and less tech bits. I'm a fairly rough guy, and tear stuff up easily. So if anything there was a bunch of "lux" items I wish the F series Tremor didnt have. Ofcourse I could also have to wish for the $54k lol.

And while they didnt exactly answer my question about the Tremor option. They did say they know they start to draw the line at the drivetrain. I got a 2.0 awd ans long as the Tremor is 2.0 auto awd then I have a chance. If not buy it, drive it for a while, make a new order for a Tremor and order one this winter. Even if used car prices tank next year, they wont in Hawaii for anything awd/4wd. I saw a Big Bend Bronco Sport the other day with 12,000 miles for 46K on island!!
Yea we go back and forth between them for daily excursions but I have the better road tripper since i got the CP360/Lux so the ACC and Lane centering are nice. I do enjoy the seats in her BL alot. we actually are doing the Bronco Off rodeo together this week in Hill country Texas. I wanted her to experience some legit Offroading/rockcrawling so it was a opportunity we couldn't pass up while we have a few months left in texas.

Im sure if i were to sit in a base level Tremor id be sold but i only specced it enough to get me out of my mav and retain all the same features. So really i think its saying alot that i paid for a mini truck that has close to the same amenities as a 65k plus truck lol.

I wish you the best on that, i hear the islands are pretty tough with Mavs and such. I was stationed there for 5 years and drove a 97' F350 CCLB with the 7.3 diesel in it.

This is after I had it shipped back to the US when I transferred to San Diego.
Ford Maverick Ford Maverick Tremor Spied Fully Revealed! 📸 Screenshot_20220527-130416_Instagram
Ford Maverick Ford Maverick Tremor Spied Fully Revealed! 📸 Screenshot_20220527-130435_Instagram

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yea we go back and forth between them for daily excursions but I have the better road tripper since i got the CP360/Lux so the ACC and Lane centering are nice. I do enjoy the seats in her BL alot. we actually are doing the Bronco Off rodeo together this week in Hill country Texas. I wanted her to experience some legit Offroading/rockcrawling so it was a opportunity we couldn't pass up while we have a few months left in texas.

Im sure if i were to sit in a base level Tremor id be sold but i only specced it enough to get me out of my mav and retain all the same features. So really i think its saying alot that i paid for a mini truck that has close to the same amenities as a 65k plus truck lol.

I wish you the best on that, i hear the islands are pretty tough with Mavs and such. I was stationed there for 5 years and drove a 97' F350 CCLB with the 7.3 diesel in it.

This is after I had it shipped back to the US when I transferred to San Diego.
Screenshot_20220527-130416_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20220527-130435_Instagram.jpg
Looks like it would fit in on the islands for sure. I doubt Im gonna have that kinda ground clearance on my Maverick but I was just underneath my 1980 Eagle and realized that the 7" long arm kit 4.0 AX15 NP231 out of a Comanche I got for $600 will bolt in to it except for the shocks. Then it will be up there. :ROFLMAO: A few years ago we roadtripped that Eagle around 2000 miles. 105ish HP, cruise control that worked all the way up to 89mph, warm heater, the comfiest seats ever and a home tuned alignment that kept it straight as an arrow a wheel so loose you barely had to turn it with a finger. All that luxury tech is definitely something Im gonna have to get used to.
Ford Maverick Ford Maverick Tremor Spied Fully Revealed! 📸 KIMG0211.JPG
Ford Maverick Ford Maverick Tremor Spied Fully Revealed! 📸 IMG_3811-photo-full

davidalexispr

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT AWD FX4 4KTow
We just got an undisguised look at a new Maverick variant, and the off-road-focused bumper and orange accents suggests it might be a new Tremor trim for Ford’s compact truck.

We’ve seen hints of a new high-clearance bumper on earlier, heavily-disguised Ford Maverick prototypes, but now we caught it completely undisguised. In addition to the Maverick’s new shaved chin, we see some interesting orange accents that Ford is using to denote its more off-road-focused variants.

Orange Theory: Tremor or Timberline?
Two of Ford’s rugged, trail-ready trims—the Tremor and Timberline—use orange accents, so which is the most likely to be applied to this Ford Maverick variant? We’re leaning toward Maverick Tremor for two reasons: 1) Timberline has been applied to SUVs while the Tremor moniker has been reserved for use on pickup trucks, and 2) The orange accents applied to Timberline models has a darker color that skews more toward red, while the orange on this Maverick prototype looks like a dead-ringer for the more copper-tinged “Active Orange” that is found on the F-150 Tremor.

The orange accents are found on the grille’s crossbar, along with orange-painted tow hooks, and a new wheel design with an orange insert on one of the spokes. It would seem that more Tremor badging could carry the orange theme through a bit more, just as it does on the F-150 Tremor.

Lariat Badged…In Orange
It must be noted that this Maverick has an orange Lariat badge on the side vent. This may signal that the Tremor Off-Road Package may be an optional add-on to the Maverick’s Lariat trim—just as it is on the Ford Ranger XLT and Lariat trims.

Smoky Lights
This Maverick prototype has front- and rear-lighting that has a darker, smoked tint that appears to be a new option destined for future Mavericks.

Suspension upgrades are a mystery at this point. There is likely more ground clearance, and an improved approach angle thanks to the new front bumper. The prototype is running on Falken Wildpeak A/T tires, just as we have seen on the earlier, camouflaged prototypes.

Ford Maverick Tremor 1.jpg

Ford Maverick Tremor 2.jpg

Ford Maverick Tremor 3.jpg

Ford Maverick Tremor 4.jpg

Ford Maverick Tremor 5.jpg

Ford Maverick Tremor 6.jpg

Ford Maverick Tremor 9.jpg

Ford Maverick Tremor 7.jpg

Ford Maverick Tremor 8.jpg

Ford Maverick Tremor 10.jpg

Ford Maverick Tremor 11.jpg

Ford Maverick Tremor 12.jpg

Ford Maverick Tremor 13.jpg

Ford Maverick Tremor 14.jpg

Ford Maverick Tremor 15.jpg
I kinda like my FX4 front end better. That has slightly better approach angle but overall ground clearance seems to be exactly the same.
Sponsored