First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I hope to order a 23 as my daughters first vehicle. More so because of price compared to used vehicles. And being safe and having a warranty. I can say right now. I will not pay the ADM. The Maverick is not even close to being that special. She can drive mine as I don’t drive much and purchase something when dealers beg for business again.
Sponsored

Tbolt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' EcoSport SES, 22' Lariat Lux FX4 Eco Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have never heard of a new car purchase being referred to as an investment before. Very strange times we are living in...

OP
OP
PriusHater

PriusHater

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rocketstem.org
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
... purchase something when dealers beg for business again.
Hoping that is sooner rather than later!

Had a friend that was at the Crestview dealer this week. Had talked to them on the phone about a new Mach-e Select that was on the lot. Was told there was no ADM. Drove two hours over there, looked at the car, and spoke to the salesman for a while. Was assured twice more there was no ADM. Asked to drive the car, and suddenly the manager comes out and is like, 'no, you can't drive it without filling out a credit app and sales contract first.' ... And, oh, suddenly, it has a '$20k market adjustment'.

Needless to say, he walked away. I told him to report them to the State AG as Florida has laws specifically targetting car dealer's being misleading on pricing. But he's going to let it go and is putting his efforts into finding a Mach-e from a different dealer.

Landric

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4 Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Your fellow members here on MTC are doing the same kinds of things. Ordering multiple Mavs, with intent to buy only one, and buying one then flipping it. Ordinarily that wouldn’t be economically feasible, but these are not ordinary times.

Ford created this problem for themselves by having a stupid allocation system for a customer order only vehicle and then apparently sticking with that system despite claiming that they were going to a FIFO model of order fulfillment.

I ordered three Mavericks not because I was hoping to make a profit flipping them or because I needed multiple trucks, but because I was hoping by ordering from multiple dealerships at least one might actually get built this year.

Turtle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford created this problem for themselves by having a stupid allocation system for a customer order only vehicle and then apparently sticking with that system despite claiming that they were going to a FIFO model of order fulfillment.

I ordered three Mavericks not because I was hoping to make a profit flipping them or because I needed multiple trucks, but because I was hoping by ordering from multiple dealerships at least one might actually get built this year.
Ordering 3 MAV’s is part of the problem not the cure. However each to there own and i hope you enjoy at least one of them.

Sponsored

erinkr

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 XLT Ranger Supercab
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I talked with a salesman from Crestview Ford here in Florida about a XLT he had listed for $41k. Red, ecoboost with no other options. He told me the dealership is “paying” $10k over MSRP at an auction for these trucks. Didn’t say what kind of auction.
I had this *exact* conversation at Pinnacle Ford in Nicholasville KY. Said they're 'only making $100 profit, the margins are so small. We're doing this more for getting our name out there, as sometimes we buy at auction and send it directly to the client, sometimes in other states.' and that their auction buys "rarely" make it onto their lot. The one I test drove, cactus grey hybrid XLT, was being sold as a used auction buy for $38.5k with no dealer warranty. I also called Paul Miller Ford in Lexington KY, they said a client backed out and that since the title was already in their name, they had to sell the Mav as used....resulting in a white XL ecoboost for $37k.

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I talked with a salesman from Crestview Ford here in Florida about a XLT he had listed for $41k. Red, ecoboost with no other options. He told me the dealership is “paying” $10k over MSRP at an auction for these trucks. Didn’t say what kind of auction.
There were emails circulating either on here or Facebook of a head hunter soliciting dealerships with inventory offering $5k over MSRP for Ecoboosts and $10k over Msrp for hybrids.
Dealerships are also very active PMing folks on FB that are selling.

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I think more likely, these dealers are offering people a ton of money to turn around and sell it back. If I was given the option to be given a check to walk away from my order, for 5k+, that would be awful hard to turn down. I know when the shortage started, a lot of dealers called people that recently bought vehicles and offered them a premium to sell them back. ( My dad bought an F-150 and got a good offer from his dealer, but he NEEDED the truck)
Sell it and replace it with what? A marked up used vehicle or buy another marked up new one? Any profit would be lost with next purchase and you wouldn’t have a Maverick. No thanks, I will keep mine

mr mojo risen

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2020 VW Passat, 2015 Nissan Sentra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had this *exact* conversation at Pinnacle Ford in Nicholasville KY. Said they're 'only making $100 profit, the margins are so small. We're doing this more for getting our name out there, as sometimes we buy at auction and send it directly to the client, sometimes in other states.' and that their auction buys "rarely" make it onto their lot. The one I test drove, cactus grey hybrid XLT, was being sold as a used auction buy for $38.5k with no dealer warranty. I also called Paul Miller Ford in Lexington KY, they said a client backed out and that since the title was already in their name, they had to sell the Mav as used....resulting in a white XL ecoboost for $37k.
I’ve mentioned a number of times on the MTC board that I bought my Mav at a dealer up in Indy after the purchaser refused the order. Prior to that, I spent about a month working a 250 mile radius contacting Ford Dealers looking for a Maverick. Cars.com was my primary website for this purpose.

That’s how I came across Pinnacle Ford. The salesman I talked to on the phone was pretty up front about them buying Mavericks at auction and then re-selling them. They were charging ~$10k over MSRP and the salesman let it be known that these prices were essentially non-negotiable.

In addition, they were going to charge an additional $1000 if you didn’t go with their financing; I was in a position to pay cash. Finally they were adding “dealer installed” options of dubious value to the tune of an additional $2500.

I’m glad the salesman was at least honest enough to tell me all this over the phone instead of letting me drive 200+ miles to realize I was getting scammed.

I see you are waiting to order a MY 23. It’s your decision but I don’t think Pinnacle is a dealership I’d want to do business with. I’m not saying Paul Miller Ford walks on water but if I was living in the Lexington area, I’d rather go to them first.

Good luck getting your 2023 Mav…..

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sell it and replace it with what? A marked up used vehicle or buy another marked up new one? Any profit would be lost with next purchase and you wouldn’t have a Maverick. No thanks, I will keep mine
100%, if you NEED a brand new vehicle. But I don't think anyone NEEDs one.

For anyone that doesn't NEED a vehicle,

Some people have a 2nd vehicle, can bike, or use other means of transportation.

If Carvana offers keep going up, I will sell and take public transportation or ride a bike or uber.

I wish 5k+ was an insignificant amount of money to me, but it isn't.

Sponsored

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m not saying Paul Miller Ford walks on water but if I was living in the Lexington area, I’d rather go to them first.

I use to deliver vehicles for Paul Miller back when I was in college. Was a sweet job.

erinkr

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 XLT Ranger Supercab
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’ve mentioned a number of times on the MTC board that I bought my Mav at a dealer up in Indy after the purchaser refused the order. Prior to that, I spent about a month working a 250 mile radius contacting Ford Dealers looking for a Maverick. Cars.com was my primary website for this purpose.

That’s how I came across Pinnacle Ford. The salesman I talked to on the phone was pretty up front about them buying Mavericks at auction and then re-selling them. They were charging ~$10k over MSRP and the salesman let it be known that these prices were essentially non-negotiable.

In addition, they were going to charge an additional $1000 if you didn’t go with their financing; I was in a position to pay cash. Finally they were adding “dealer installed” options of dubious value to the tune of an additional $2500.

I’m glad the salesman was at least honest enough to tell me all this over the phone instead of letting me drive 200+ miles to realize I was getting scammed.

I see you are waiting to order a MY 23. It’s your decision but I don’t think Pinnacle is a dealership I’d want to do business with. I’m not saying Paul Miller Ford walks on water but if I was living in the Lexington area, I’d rather go to them first.

Wow we might have spoken to the same salesman! He was so casual about it, even told us how their commission structure has changed with the lack of cars available. Very strange experience. I'm glad you weren't suckered either.

Oh, absolutely agreed! I've paid a small deposit with a different dealership in Cincinnati, who warned me about the dealerships doing the auction sourced +10k used hustle and they encouraged me to wait and order a 2023 at MSRP. The deposit is so I can be on an 'accelerated' waitlist, where they have my order info ready to go immediately, where as Pinnacle and Paul Miller said they'd call me after orders were open to ask what I wanted.

Captain Pork chop

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Chevy Silverado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So this is a used truck? Had to have been titled to original buyer? Carvana offered me 7K more than I paid. Carvana selling them to dealers?
Caravana just bought a auction house
Sponsored