First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cheroke, 1965 Chevrolet Monza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Cactus Gray Maverick XL Hybrid, ordered August 12th last summer, built March 29th, shipped March 30th, has been sitting in a rail depot in Wilmington, DE, 155 miles from my home in Maryland for over a week awaiting truck transport to the selling dealership. I’d be happy to go get the damn truck myself, and drive it to the dealership if that were an option. My brother, who works at the selling dealership, says that the Ford drivers who had driven the car transporters for years have all moved on to better paying jobs, and there is a huge shortage of drivers. I sold my car two weeks ago in anticipation of having my truck this week. Hoping to get my truck in the next week…
Sponsored

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
My Cactus Gray Maverick XL Hybrid, ordered August 12th last summer, built March 29th, shipped March 30th, has been sitting in a rail depot in Wilmington, DE, 155 miles from my home in Maryland for over a week awaiting truck transport to the selling dealership. I’d be happy to go get the damn truck myself, and drive it to the dealership if that were an option. My brother, who works at the selling dealership, says that the Ford drivers who had driven the car transporters for years have all moved on to better paying jobs, and there is a huge shortage of drivers. I sold my car two weeks ago in anticipation of having my truck this week. Hoping to get my truck in the next week…
Must be a gigantic backlog of vehicles sitting there, I'm going on 6 weeks since it was initially shipped and it has been sitting in Wilmington for a while now. On the bright side at least no scorpions to worry about in Wilmington

Revengeman01

First Name
Revenge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Chill and be patient - Mine sit 100 miles from my dealership for Four Month. The trucking issue is a real problem, but there is nothing anyone can do.

Believe me - It's worth the wait.

jhud042002

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hyb XLT, lux (drop in) oxford white
My order was supposed to be delivered April 2, but was just delivered to the dealer yesterday. picking her up tomorrow morning! July 7 2021 order.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When our Maverick arrives via rail, that yard is ten minutes from our house and only one mile from the selling dealership. I better not see any delays from yard to dealer -)

Sponsored

Finklejag

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I was talking to my salesman last week at the dealer. He told me the rail yard called up all the local Ford dealers and told them if you want your cars and trucks, come down on Friday at this certain time to pick them up because if not, it will be over a month until they could get a driver for the transport trucks. My salesman said they piled into a Transit van and hurried over to the port. He was saying this is not normal procedure and the current environment made them do it.

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
When I was talking to my salesman last week at the dealer. He told me the rail yard called up all the local Ford dealers and told them if you want your cars and trucks, come down on Friday at this certain time to pick them up because if not, it will be over a month until they could get a driver for the transport trucks. My salesman said they piled into a Transit van and hurried over to the port. He was saying this is not normal procedure and the current environment made them do it.
Not surprising considering the current labor shortage, I think they've had such a hard time hiring truck drivers for a while now and that it's just getting even worse with Walmart offering over 100k to come work for them, I guess I'd rather it sit in Wilmington, DE than in the desert in Mexico.

PriusHater

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rocketstem.org
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine sat at the rail yard in New Orleans for three weeks back in January into early February. Sucked but was worth the wait.

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP
OP
TedT

TedT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cheroke, 1965 Chevrolet Monza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Chill and be patient - Mine sit 100 miles from my dealership for Four Month. The trucking issue is a real problem, but there is nothing anyone can do.

Believe me - It's worth the wait.
My brother texted me this afternoon, and my truck is finally at Century Ford in Mount Airy, MD! 👍🏻 He texted me this photo of it. Can’t wait to pick it up later this week!

Ford Maverick Railyard to selling dealership 1027002C-80F3-427F-8359-B552100FABA0

Sponsored

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / Tiger 900RP / 300cc Grom / Surron
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That combo with the steelies is just fire. I love it

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My 2008 chevy HHR I am replacing with a maverick.

Power mirrors dont work
Needs a windshield
Cruise control doesnt work
Needs lower control arms
Turn signal switch doesnt cancel by itself
Check engine light stays on
Burns 1 quart of oil every 3000 miles
Full of hail dents
Needs new speakers

Windshield wipers, Power steering, power brakes, A/C and heat still work

It answers to the name "Lucky"

I have no intention of selling or junking it until my maverick is sitting in my driveway. The HHR needs to pass safety inspection so I may have to spend a bit on a used windshield and a pair of lower control arms. I am thinking of keeping it as a spare beater/shit box.
Sponsored