First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had never heard of acoustic windshields before the Maverick. My question is to anyone who has driven vehicles with them. Do acoustic windshields make a significant difference? Any pros (besides the obvious noise reduction advertised) or cons associated with them?

Acoustic windshields seem to be a $300-$500 aftermarket item, so I could see having one put on if it makes a big difference. Just cannot swing the extra 3k for the Lariat trim.
Sponsored

Last edited:

slooose42

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra 5.7 4wheel drive
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've never heard of that kind of windshield, but we shall see..............won't we?

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had never heard of acoustic windshields before the Maverick. My question is to anyone who has driven vehicles with them. Do acoustic windshields make a significant difference? Any prose (besides the obvious noise reduction advertised) or cons associated with them?

Acoustic windshields seem to be a $300-$500 aftermarket item, so I could see having one put on if it makes a big difference. Just cannot swing the extra 3k for the Lariat trim.
Never driven with one either but looking forward to enjoying it for about 5 days before a rock/bolt/hammer/tire/person goes through it. Arizona highways....

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
I had a 2020 Toyota Avalon Hybrid with regular windshield and it was extremely noisy. I traded it for the 2021 Lexus ES300h with the acoustic windshield. The car is pretty much the same car. But what a difference in noise reduction. I couldn't believe the first time I drove it how much it cut road noise.

The issue will be come time to repair/replace. In Florida (not sure about other states insurance policy) but repairs are free and replacements are free unless OEM is requested and then you pay the difference in cost. I left the windshield repair business back in 2015 so I'm not sure what the process is to repair. I can only imagine replacement costs will be a lot higher IF you can get them. That will be the tell all story.

By the way, most of the dealers farm their repairs and replacements out to local shops. I don't see local Ford dealers ordering or stocking them. We shall see.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Ajm

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Never driven with one either but looking forward to enjoying it for about 5 days before a rock/bolt/hammer/tire/person goes through it. Arizona highways....
AZ roads are just fine so long as you are prepared to:

1. Drive no faster than 25 mph
2. Carry at least 4 spare tires
3. Most importantly, avoid driving.

Portcqb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They do cut down on road noise if the rest of vehicle also has sound deadening. My 2015 Escape has it but it also has sound deadening in the fender wells and under the hood haven't seen either in pics of the Maverick so it may have little effect in this

Sylvester

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Most of these glasses will reduce the cell phone connection inside the car.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
Umm no pvb and si02 are transparent to RF bands used presently in cellular spectrums.
Now if you had a metallic or really conductive film of some kind, then you would get a gauss shield or faraday cage effect.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Hmmm, haven't noticed cell service drop while in the Lexus. But I haven't paid a lot of attention to it while driving.

I do know the Chrysler 300 had issues. They imbedded extremely small pieces of metal in the windshield glass and it played havoc on cell service and repairs.

Sponsored

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have it on my 2016 Honda Civic and 2021 Nissan Rogue. Makes outside noise muted. I actually enjoy it a lot. I wish we could custom order that since they're still building the trucks.

OP
OP
WesM

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They do cut down on road noise if the rest of vehicle also has sound deadening. My 2015 Escape has it but it also has sound deadening in the fender wells and under the hood haven't seen either in pics of the Maverick so it may have little effect in this
I do plan on putting sound deadening in the doors and hood and anywhere else that is relatively easy to access (behind the back seat maybe?). I find road noise very fatiguing and since I'm driving about 1.5 hours a day for work, I want to make this truck as quiet as I can.

Is there any known durability difference between regular tempered windshield and the acoustic windshields?

XBeatzX

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Toyota Tundra & '03 Honda Element
Engine
Undecided
I have had two F150’s with acoustic windshields, and two without. Would love to tell you it’s just a gimmick, but it really is surprising how much of a difference it makes. It seems to isolate you from those humming outside noises, and really makes the driving experience more premium.

dicchicora

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I do plan on putting sound deadening in the doors and hood and anywhere else that is relatively easy to access (behind the back seat maybe?). I find road noise very fatiguing and since I'm driving about 1.5 hours a day for work, I want to make this truck as quiet as I can.

Is there any known durability difference between regular tempered windshield and the acoustic windshields?
I'm intrigued by this. What do you use for deadening the sound? I'm not a big DIY guy with cars. Is this something a regular joe can do? Road noise sucks when you drive highway to and from work every day. Getting the acoustic windshield, and would definitely think about adding something to lessen the nose even more.

Bill Cather

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow, it takes you that long… LOL …. I know what you mean, I can’t count the number. But hey, insurance covers it (which still boggles my mind)
Sponsored