First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2020 HPP mustang
Uh...
ridgeline bed.jpg

Now I'll grant you that the current mid-size trucks also have their beds up higher than they used to be, but they are still down near the top of the tires not the top of the wheel well. The load height ends up close to the same height because the Ridgeline doesn't have as much ground clearance, but compare to where the load height is relative to the top of the wheel wells in an S10
1994-chevy-s10-with-bedliner-and-matching-topper-1.jpg
Good looking S10 .. :)
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Uh because the Ridgeline doesn't have oversized wheel wells. Go measure the floor height of other midsize 4x4 pickups. I'll also bet that S-10 is 2WD.

Last edited:

Leuf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XL AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Uh because the Ridgeline doesn't have oversized wheel wells. Go measure the floor height of other midsize 4x4 pickups. I'll also bet that S-10 is 2WD.
I went out and measured my S10 load height which is 29.5", and mine is a 4x4 though that makes no difference. The best info I can find on the Ridgeline is 34.5". They have similar ground clearance. 5" is a big difference getting big stuff in and out. I also usually break down plywood in my driveway and it's just right as far as using the tailgate as a sawhorse.

And I know this is a Maverick forum. This is the kind of stuff that's important to me as far as the supposed return of the "compact pickup". It's not just about how long the thing is. If the Maverick is 8" shorter than a Ranger but the bed is still up at the same height then that just doesn't work for me.

Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
someone should start a business rounding up old final generation compact Rangers and convert drivetrian to PHEV while restoring them.

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I know. That’s the stupidest thing about the Ridgeline… you can’t fit standard sized all-terrain tires in the wheel wells wo significant rubbing! I know, I have one. The smallest BF Goodrich AT’s don’t fit.. and they’re not anything outrageous either. 265/65R18

99Mustang

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Mustang 07 F150 17 Fiesta
The prototypes have been built but we are still a long way off before this project gets the okay from the top Ford brass. We are still 6 - 12 months off from that happening.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don’t knew how reliable the information was but somewhere there was a leak from a Ford supplier that production would begin in July. Personally, I think the chip shortage is going to cause a delay; Ford can put chips in $60k F-150s instead of $25k Mavericks.

Sponsored

MontanaEd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PHEV- Volt
Doc, I love the color. I hope they put that on the Maverick when it comes out. Which I'm guessing they will since it is available on pretty much everything Ford builds right now. That color even makes an EcoSport look good.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Doc, I love the color. I hope they put that on the Maverick when it comes out. Which I'm guessing they will since it is available on pretty much everything Ford builds right now. That color even makes an EcoSport look good.
If they don’t have a nice green, this would be my choice too.

Reactions: Doc