First Name
Deon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Since the buttons are at the back.... and it is frameless... you can't NOT have fingerprints all over your mirror. For that reason alone, I would not use this setup.
Sponsored

kmish203

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Since the buttons are at the back.... and it is frameless... you can't NOT have fingerprints all over your mirror. For that reason alone, I would not use this setup.
Buttons are on the bottom, not back. It should be fairly easy to reach up and push a button without manhandling your mirror.

MikeyCNY

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat TREMOR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sweet replacement! I don't have a need for Homelink (currently), but the frameless design intrigues me.

Man the Copilot camera system looks so bulky and obtrusive... I'm taller and tend to sit up straight, I hope I won't have my line of sight blocked because of the lowered rearview camera. (haven't found a Mav locally to sit in yet)

Row Jimmy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ranger XLT
I just installed a frameless Homelink mirror that is wireless install as simple as bolt on bolt off 20 torx screwdriver all is needed, is actually a Toyota part I found mine on a google Search for 80 bucks out the door prices are all over the place. There are no wiring necessary As the home link has a 10 yr battery installed in the mirror. The frameless mirror gives me a much better view out the back I can see the hole rear glass on frame. Here’s few picks with part #

88E8F194-4E19-47F8-B98D-8328EFE23D41.jpeg

AB21626C-6A30-4910-8500-CA7AB64F0F52.jpeg

6F44752C-5F1F-4C50-9FE5-DA58BED16E8F.jpeg

103FC07C-8235-4214-9662-8427C3D43E58.jpeg
Of all of the mods/hacks/upgrades I've seen here this one stands out as maybe the first change I'll want to make. That stock mirror has a really narrow FOV, thanks for sharing your find.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Cubican

Cubican

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, viper, c8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice! Is the battery a replaceable unit when time comes?
It says is non serviceable but I doubt that but the battery should last about 10 years is like a tpms and your only using it to open the door

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As someone who was hesitant to tap into existing wiring, this could be a great way for me to get Homelink at a decent price. Thanks OP!

Sponsored

Tulros

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tulros
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lux Lariat, AWD, 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks!!
Purchased from Lithia Toyota parts
Used code PNWTUNDRA for free standard shipping. $119.90 out the door

OP
OP
Cubican

Cubican

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, viper, c8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Valid point!

Nice GEN 3-4, I have a Gen 2 myself.
Just love it I have few of them gen 5 4 and the one on the one on the pic is a gen 3 heads and cam car.

OP
OP
Cubican

Cubican

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, viper, c8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Update the new mirror has great visibility what a safety improvement no more blind spots I can see the hole bed no problem

teamster02

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm concerned about the safety aspect of this as it pertains to someone being able to access your house. So being battery operated someone would just have to get in your vehicle to have access to your house. I don't keep my garage remote in my vehicle for this sole reason. If you were parked somewhere (I'm thinking airport or train parking lot), they could just rip this thing off of your windshield, grab the registration from the car that has your address on it and gain access to your house. Going to be a hard pass for me.

OP
OP
Cubican

Cubican

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, viper, c8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm concerned about the safety aspect of this as it pertains to someone being able to access your house. So being battery operated someone would just have to get in your vehicle to have access to your house. I don't keep my garage remote in my vehicle for this sole reason. If you were parked somewhere (I'm thinking airport or train parking lot), they could just rip this thing off of your windshield, grab the registration from the car that has your address on it and gain access to your house. Going to be a hard pass for me.
That’s not a problem for me I park in the garage plus if someone brakes into your truck they’ll have no problem with a garage. You do have a button on your opener to lock your garage door
Sponsored